New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

goldpig  
Posted : Saturday, 28 May 2016 11:23:28 AM(UTC)
goldpig

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
hello suckers, i'd like to buy a dredge, ideally a 4 " .. i got the cash and can pick up anywhere in the south island. you can send me a photo or two if you have one to sell. thanks ..
element111  
Posted : Sunday, 29 May 2016 8:14:36 AM(UTC)
element111

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Daniel Gerber at dredgenz is your man, he will supply you with what you need and on going support to keep it running, Don't buy second hand, buy new gear so you can beat it around the bush and replace what needs replacing when the time comes, which is next to bugger all usually.

03 313 1986 or mobile 021 205 5272.

say Karl sent you, he may give you a discount :P

Edited by user Monday, 13 June 2016 3:41:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

gavzilla  
Posted : Wednesday, 1 June 2016 7:52:03 AM(UTC)
gavzilla

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Don't buy a Keene for god sake, you'd be better off getting a fabricator to make you one. Get a proline pump, on a Honda engine. And research where your going to be dredging, the generic design of Keene dredges are flawed in many aspects. Also the fact that they are $7k is ridiculous. If you can't make your own dredge and know each and every part in it, you should be dredging in the first place.
Nz13  
Posted : Wednesday, 1 June 2016 10:44:31 AM(UTC)
Nz13

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Iv built a fair few work fantastic. Over size power jet plastic lined dual jetted alloy pontoons etc if I knew how to post pics I would. Could possibly sell my fresh 4" machine for the right price. Send me a pm

Cheers
pc5001  
Posted : Friday, 3 June 2016 9:30:08 PM(UTC)
pc5001

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Build your own mate,its the only way to get exactly what you want.Ive had very little to do with keene dredges but a member of this forum I recently spent a few days mining with was reluctant to fly his 4" keene into his mining permit as he didnt think the frame was strong enough preferring instead to pull it apart and load it into a cargo net below the helicopter...in the end he didnt use the dredge but my old home built 4" has been rolled,bowled and arseholed and still gets the gold and cost a fraction to build compared to a new factory dredge.Its got a P180 on it that I got from keene 5 or 6 years ago,they took forever to process my order and when it finally arrived the intake fitting was cracked and in the machining process one of the mounting holes had been bored right through into the pump body....a great place for a little air to hide.Dont let any of this put you off doing business with Daniel Gerber though,hes great to deal with.If you build your own ,youll be able to modify it as you need and pimp it as you can afford it and because you use local materials and skills there wont be anything you cant replace easily....Ive built a bigger one so the 4" will be on the market soon,Briggs Vanguard, T80, swivel nozzle, tool free and quiet, quality hose is two seasons old,Ive also got a swimjoy style jetting pump I would sell..63 X 40....3/4 shaft if anyones interested....cheers
User is suspended until 30/07/2021 11:45:15 PM(UTC) dredgen  
Posted : Friday, 24 June 2016 2:36:55 PM(UTC)

Message was deleted by a Moderator. | Reason: Not specified