New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

tonznz  
Posted : Sunday, 25 September 2011 9:50:40 PM(UTC)
tonznz

Medals: Donation: Made a second donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you once again! :)

Groups: Registered
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 152 post(s)
Hi,

I have an old minelab tornado 1000 10' coil which is faulting to give away to someone who is in NZ.

I have had it since 1996 and it has been used plenty. The skid plate was worn out and before I could get around to replacing it (they are a cheap replacement item) I wore out an area on the base of the coil. In that area the resin cracked and I think moisture makes it make weird noises.

So it anyone in NZ wants the old one, maybe someone more technical than I who has a use for it, or could repair it for themselves, send me a message and I will post it to you. It will cost you about $10 maybe for a courier cost, or you could pick it up if in Dunedin.

I will post to a NZ address.

If no one wants it I will biff it out.

It was for my minelab sovereign GT.

Sorry I am keeping the base plate I got for it as I have exactly the same replacement coil and will have a use for it down the track.

thanks

Edited by user Wednesday, 28 September 2011 2:52:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: clarify advert

tonznz  
Posted : Monday, 26 September 2011 7:57:05 AM(UTC)
tonznz

Medals: Donation: Made a second donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you once again! :)

Man
New Zealand

Hi, another thought. Someone might want it to take apart to see how a coil is put together.
tonznz  
Posted : Wednesday, 28 September 2011 10:53:07 PM(UTC)
tonznz

Man
New Zealand

Hi, someone is picking it up this weekend,so its gone now. Cheers