New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

rgmcbrid  
Posted : Thursday, 3 June 2010 5:36:30 AM(UTC)
rgmcbrid

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 180 time(s) in 140 post(s)
Here’s the story; I had done a little panning years ago in Arizona, but never really knew what I was doing. So I asked a friend, to show me how it is done properly which he did. Then he got the bright idea that I could have one of my American relatives mail me detector as a gift and dodge the duty. I thought rather than try and sneak one in we should contact the factory and see if they would sell a whole crate of them wholesale. So I contacted Fisher and to make a long story short, it looks like it is going to happen. Right now they are sending me one of the new Gold Bugs to try out, and claim the performance is identical to the Gold Bug 2. So if anyone is interested in any Fisher or Teknetics products and is not in a big hurry to get it, let me know and I can add it to the shipment. I am not sure when the shipment will be; I want to give the new Gold Bug a thorough trial before placing the order. At this point I also have no idea what anything will cost, but hope to get all that sorted out shortly.
gavin  
Posted : Thursday, 3 June 2010 6:22:58 AM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
I might be interested. Will need to do a little of my research too though. Cheers :)
Forthetimebeing  
Posted : Friday, 4 June 2010 3:52:02 AM(UTC)
Forthetimebeing

Put me down for a fisher F5 , when you have a price. cant get anything from kellyco it appears
rgmcbrid  
Posted : Friday, 4 June 2010 4:09:48 AM(UTC)
rgmcbrid

Man

Forthetimebeing,

I will contact you when we get ready to order. I went in to Customs yesterday and started the paperwork process, and I am still trying to get a handle on the freight costs. Hope to come up with some numbers before long.

-Robert
roman holiday  
Posted : Friday, 4 June 2010 10:52:12 AM(UTC)
roman holiday

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi Robert,

I'm also pretty keen on one. I'll be in the country in a few months time

rh.
rgmcbrid  
Posted : Sunday, 6 June 2010 4:08:53 AM(UTC)
rgmcbrid

Man

Roman,

We are probably on about the same schedule, I will keep you posted.

I have been communicating with the guys at Fisher about the differences between detectors. Specifically I asked them the difference between the Gold Bug 2 and the new Gold Bug Special Addition and new Gold Bug Pro. This is what they told me:

“The new Gold Bug is a totally different design than the original Gold Bug and Gold Bug 2-they were all designed by the same engineer and the new Gold Bug is more advanced technology with lots of additional features and what we feel is increased performance over the GB2. While it is less expensive it offers greater sensitivity, multipurpose discrimination, and target ID along with additional ground information not found on its predecessor.

The Gold Bug SE and Pro will be about the same thing. The Pro may have a few final tweaks but will be virtually the same with a different price and name. It’s best to take advantage of the special price on the SE.”