New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

chrischch  
Posted : Tuesday, 27 September 2011 8:07:44 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 104 post(s)
Has anyone used cordless headphones with a detector....im thinking that infrared ones would be fine and not interfere.
Fisher Goldbug Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Propointer.
Shilo  
Posted : Tuesday, 27 September 2011 8:31:53 PM(UTC)
Shilo

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 185 post(s)
My V3i came with wireless headphones. Simply fantastic to use, for example my first hunt with the detector saw me driving home with them on because I forgot to take them off! Done the same a few times since then as well. It is great to have the freedom of movement by not being attached to the detector all the time.

For retro fitting a detector, I have heard to be careful with bluetooth systems. It is not interference that is the problem but a time lag between the coil registering a target and the headphones sounding the tone. Having the coil a couple of feet past the target when the headphones sound of would make hunting frustrating. The older wireless non-bluetooth types sound like the ones to go for.

Remember though, that with wireless phones you will need to use extra batteries to power them. The V3i's last 20-30 hours on rechargable AA's but after having them run out on me a couple of times I now carry spares just in case.
chrischch  
Posted : Tuesday, 27 September 2011 9:06:27 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 104 post(s)
Yeah lag would be a real bastard lol "But theres nothing here!!!??????" hahaha
Thanks for that....upon looking at some, they all seem to have big sender units designed for a home stereo setup. I'll keep looking.
Cheers.
Fisher Goldbug Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Propointer.