New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

Gold Stamp X  
Posted : Friday, 5 August 2016 3:43:20 PM(UTC)
Gold Stamp X

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 8 post(s)
GoldPandemic  
Posted : Friday, 5 August 2016 5:18:21 PM(UTC)
GoldPandemic

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Great video, beautiful scenery.
Just becareful, if DoC finds out about that Mansion you built out there you might have problems! :)))
Treasure/coins: $1
Other artifacts: 1888 button
Lead: 914g
Copper: 46
Aotea  
Posted : Friday, 5 August 2016 8:52:46 PM(UTC)
Aotea

New Zealand

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Beautiful site Gold StampX...I just wanted to get back into the water after seeing that!!
Cleggie  
Posted : Saturday, 6 August 2016 12:33:37 PM(UTC)
Cleggie

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Nice vid Gold Stamp, looks like you had some nice cleanups. Love to see other people's setups and the gold they get. I bet you are just itching to get back there and get on the gold.

Looks like a great spot, can you get there by 4wd or do have to hike in? Have to agree with the other posts, beautiful spot.

Stay golden, Cheers Ken.
Gold Stamp X  
Posted : Saturday, 6 August 2016 1:46:05 PM(UTC)
Gold Stamp X

New Zealand

Thanks Guys,

It would be nice to see some other videos of what people are getting and how there set up. Just not 10 minutes of someone sucking dirt with no gold at the end. I know that a lot of claims are a bit closer to a road then mine, so more people probs head home at the end of the day. And others only head out once or twice a year for the yearly adventure with the Famdamnly. but it would be good to see how others live.

As far as I know, you can build a mansion, so long as it is not a permanent structure. So the Gazebo from the Whorehouse gives a lot more dry room then a small tent. And a bit more permanent then some tarps. Only lost one to a crazy wind storm. Had it tied down and everything and come back at the end of the day and it looked like it just flipped over and folded it self into a huge mess with the chairs, stove, and pots and pan all mixed in. Walked out and went to the Pub that night. haha

There is no access to my claim unless you use your legs. That is why the chopper brought the dredge in. For what it was worth, I had everything for camp and dredging strapped to the dredge and only had to carry things a few hundred meters, over a lot of quad rides and longs walks. Would have taken my days to carry all that in. Was worth every penny if you ask me.

GoldStampX
Cleggie  
Posted : Sunday, 7 August 2016 12:06:05 PM(UTC)
Cleggie

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I see you are looking for someone to help you with your dredging opp. I have to say I would be keen if I were a bit younger and didn't have a bad back. I try and keep my golding gear to the bare minimum but it still takes me two trips to get all my gear to the creek or just one if I don't use my rock hauling equipment. It's a long sad trip back to the truck if you don't find the gold.

Still, I recon you are offering a golden opportunity for someone keen and not afraid of a little hard work, hope it works out for you.

Cheers, Ken.
Gold Stamp X  
Posted : Sunday, 7 August 2016 2:48:25 PM(UTC)
Gold Stamp X

New Zealand

It is definitely disappointing to come back at the end of the day with no, or very little gold. That's for sure.

I am hoping that others look at it the same way. As a golden opportunity to learn about dredging and have some fun while finding gold.
I was lucky to fall into a mining career, so might as well let some other people learn about mining life. And maybe get a young guy/girl who might change there Uni studies, and take a career in mining. Be it a personal mining adventure, or working for the multi nationals around the world. There is some truly amazing places you can go with a mining career, and a sense for adventure.

GoldStampX
Gold monkey  
Posted : Friday, 12 August 2016 10:12:00 PM(UTC)
Gold monkey

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just watched your video well done enjoyed it