New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

DrunkBrother  
Posted : Monday, 28 November 2011 12:32:13 PM(UTC)
DrunkBrother

Groups: Registered, Moderators
Man

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Hi folks,

Just a quick introduction of myself :

Max 27 , live in auckland 7 years initially from Russia
Finally got an opportunity to buy metal detector (got goldbug from Robert McBride puiakisupply after reading all reviews online and watchign all videos)
Plan of hunting: for now just at the beaches and parks, maybe Coromandel gold if will get a chance to go.

So that is me:D

*2014*Rings PlT/PD=0 GOLD=30 STG=53 Junk=46
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Monday, 28 November 2011 12:52:52 PM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 396 post(s)
Welcome to the forum - from Russia you say - Now had I known you were coming out from Russia I would have put in my order for a few things I want over there!
I think you made a sound decision buying a Goldbug detector from Robert - only yesterday my son found a reasonable amount of gold with one and I was totally gobsmacked at the small size of some of the pieces he picked up...good luck with the Coromandel fossicking - its an area I have never had the privilege of visiting though have always wanted to go on a pillaging...I mean fossicking trip there.
rgmcbrid  
Posted : Monday, 28 November 2011 1:47:07 PM(UTC)
rgmcbrid

Man

Was thanked: 180 time(s) in 140 post(s)
Lammer,

Oh, Russian fossicking. At first I thought you were wanting a Mig or something like that.
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Monday, 28 November 2011 2:09:09 PM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Originally Posted by: rgmcbrid Go to Quoted Post
Lammer,

Oh, Russian fossicking. At first I thought you were wanting a Mig or something like that.

An honest answer - German militaria from the Eastern Front, Russian Czarist era silver coins, Russian medals, Russian sextants and chronometers - (they are the best in the world now and the number and size of the jewels in them as well as the amount of gold plating is amazing as I can personally verify) - http://www.miles-pocketw...es.com/PageCHRONMX6.html

and to pillage a Mig, a T34 and while I am at it the Aurora! - http://en.wikipedia.org/...i/Russian_cruiser_Aurora

...and while I was at it to go rock hounding gold mining in the back of beyond as I understand there is a great deal of mineral wealth in Russia. I believe that Russia has one of the most extensive gold resources in the world and is one of the worlds half dozen top gold producers. I would love to go there ot look at the gold fields to make comparisons with those of New Zealand, US of A and Australia - and to pillage if possible!

Edited by user Monday, 28 November 2011 2:33:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ash_T  
Posted : Monday, 28 November 2011 3:51:54 PM(UTC)
Ash_T

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Добро пожаловать на форум! :)

I have a bookmark specially for translating russian/english,
as I play a game (World of Tanks) with alot of Russians at the moment ;)
Check out my BLOG : Its where i post my finds :D
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Monday, 28 November 2011 4:05:42 PM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Originally Posted by: Ash_T Go to Quoted Post
Добро пожаловать на форум! :)

I have a bookmark specially for translating russian/english,
as I play a game (World of Tanks) with alot of Russians at the moment ;)

Theres a rather attractive Russian woman living along the road from me and I would love to play a few games with her but no tanks involved! The game Battlefield 1942 is my limit!...I suppose you mean that you actually play against guy in Russia so you have to have some way of interpreting what they have to say and vice versa?...sounds interesting...I wouldnt be indulging in warfare with them...I would be encouraging good East/West relationships so you get an invite across there to do some prospecting and pillaging...or to invite them out with an open invitation to bring you a young Russian lady.
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Monday, 28 November 2011 11:31:58 PM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 329 post(s)
wellcome to the forum..hope you have great fun with your goldbug...i have one and have found plenty with it...cant wait to get into gold area for a go..lol
Chris - Fisher Dealer http://www.puiakisupply.co.nz/