New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

LepreSean  
Posted : Tuesday, 26 June 2012 8:42:40 PM(UTC)
LepreSean

Groups: Registered
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 78 post(s)
in 1984 gold prospectors found some strange artifacts in Ecuador http://www.bibliotecaple...a/esp_ciencia_life48.htm
auri sacra fames (accursed hunger for gold)
simon  
Posted : Tuesday, 26 June 2012 9:19:37 PM(UTC)
simon

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 150 post(s)
LepreSean:

very interesting. ecuador is an intriguing country. i read a book recently about a treasure hunter looking for the lost gold of the incas - lost when the spanish invaded and a huge amount of gold was brought down as a ransom for an incan leader. the spanish killed the guy and the treasure was hidden by the incas. rumour was it took 1800 mules or something to move it all. even if exaggerated there was a lost of gold. like tonnes worth.

as well as the author the book discussed other searchers. one guy went on 40 or so expeditions, one a year, for his whole like. they did discover some interesting stuff. some were actually looking for the gold mine where copious amounts of gold were reported to be mined. i guess it all had to come from somewhere.

in regards to your article, there are a lot of exhibits discovered that can't be explained with our current line of thinking history wise.

perhaps there were previous civilisations on the planet a very long time ago that were advanced in some way or other. it is hard to think it was all destroyed with no trace, except a few unexplained items. and most things pretty easily erode some way or other over eons. even stuff like steel and concrete. and rock. the link i just put up in a new thread, about the ancient road discovered in greece, saw the ground level adjust 7 metres in just 1800 years. over millions of years the surface could build up and erode 1000's of metres.

i can vaguely remember something about a find (can't remember what it was) in a roadside cutting. maybe it was a handtool. problem was the rock was very old thus the unexplained side. i think they parodied this on the simpsons in an episode also. maybe another member can elaborate on this.

in terms of the long bones, there is also evidence in nz that when the maoris arrived in northland there were 2 existing races living side by side. some short pygmy type race and a fair skinned very tall race.