New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

chrischch  
Posted : Sunday, 8 July 2012 1:36:22 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 104 post(s)
http://www.trademe.co.nz...ls/auction-491072968.htm

My wife and I sell rocks, minerals, crystals and fossils on Trademe and she has this one listed at the moment. Couldnt help but laugh and had to share with you guys! :P

As an aside, if anyone ever wants to buy anything from us (roks11), just let me know first and I'll ensure you get a discount or a "special" deal being Paydirt members.
Fisher Goldbug Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Propointer.
expat  
Posted : Sunday, 8 July 2012 1:41:18 PM(UTC)
expat

Man

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Interesting that according to the blurb it initiates a release.

My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my collection for what I told her it cost me.
chrischch  
Posted : Sunday, 8 July 2012 1:43:58 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Originally Posted by: expat Go to Quoted Post
Interesting that according to the blurb it initiates a release.

:) I hadnt picked up on that! Good spotting!

Maybe I should keep a piece next to the bed like some people keep citrine next to their till. :)
oroplata  
Posted : Sunday, 8 July 2012 1:50:26 PM(UTC)
oroplata

Groups: Registered, Moderators

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 152 post(s)

Too funny.

1864hatter  
Posted : Sunday, 8 July 2012 1:59:51 PM(UTC)
1864hatter

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 566 time(s) in 269 post(s)
Yeah its a good one, There is T-shirts that you can get apparently with "I'm" and then the chemical formula for cummingtonite. Bit more subtle that way.
The other day i got a sample put through an XRD machine to test what mineral it was. The machine didnt come up with a definete answer but had a list of possibles
at the top of which was dickite! Good to see Mineralogists have a sense of humor.
And now....On sandy beaches and muddy soil, rings and coins await my coil!
chrischch  
Posted : Sunday, 8 July 2012 2:17:56 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Originally Posted by: 1864hatter Go to Quoted Post
Yeah its a good one, There is T-shirts that you can get apparently with "I'm" and then the chemical formula for cummingtonite. Bit more subtle that way.
The other day i got a sample put through an XRD machine to test what mineral it was. The machine didnt come up with a definete answer but had a list of possibles
at the top of which was dickite! Good to see Mineralogists have a sense of humor.

Yes well some rockhounds Ive met seem to be the most dry boring people so it IS good to hear they not all like that! Dickite! Thats a bit of humour. Whats an XRD machine? Is it like a mass spectrometer for minerals?
1864hatter  
Posted : Sunday, 8 July 2012 2:46:14 PM(UTC)
1864hatter

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 566 time(s) in 269 post(s)
XRD machines are x-ray diffraction machines, they bounce x-rays off the minerals, with different minerals causing the x-rays to bounce back slightly different due to the differences in their crystal lattice structure. Basically uses x-rays to id minerals
And now....On sandy beaches and muddy soil, rings and coins await my coil!
chrischch  
Posted : Sunday, 8 July 2012 3:27:48 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Originally Posted by: 1864hatter Go to Quoted Post
XRD machines are x-ray diffraction machines, they bounce x-rays off the minerals, with different minerals causing the x-rays to bounce back slightly different due to the differences in their crystal lattice structure. Basically uses x-rays to id minerals

So where do I get one? Trademe? :)
kiwikeith  
Posted : Sunday, 8 July 2012 4:37:11 PM(UTC)
kiwikeith

Medals: Outstanding Contribution: Helped organise get together for Paydirt members and volunteered gold claim for the event (Oct 2013)

Was thanked: 230 time(s) in 154 post(s)
a very interesting name sorry dont need a bit just got back from the bush so im "shagged"
i got a rock i found up the claim analized by my geologest friend interesting to find although it came from lewis pass area it was a piece of stalagmite funny didnt know there were caves in the area

hi hatter just got back from new creek there are chinese workings up there, an old village and somewhere a 10 footed stamper up the victoria creek there was 2000oz of gold taken of the beach where it flows into the buller with a bucket dredge years ago will send you a message of a find
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Sunday, 8 July 2012 8:00:20 PM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 396 post(s)
Wishful thinking if you ask me - I wish I was cummintonite - but then again I am a born loser.

'Cummingtonite teaches one that the bonds, restrictions and constraints placed upon a person are self imposed and easily discarded.' - the one who is the cause of me not cummintonite is also the one who imposes the bonds, restrictions and constraints on me - when I worked she used to meet me at the door on payday, grab me by the ankles and turning me upside down belt my head on the doorstep until my pay packet fell out of my pocket.

I also dispute that these are self imposed as I was dragged to my wedding by the Best Man who had everybodies interests at heart except the grooms!

The one thing that comes from this thread is the fact that I can now safely assume that I have not heard the term naming a certain building a 'Bonded Warehouse' in the last few years is because the modern name is a 'Massage Parlour' or a 'House of ill repute' - personally I prefer 'Bonded Warehouse' as you knew what you were in for - bonds, restrictions and constraints - usually imposed by a scantily clad woman wearing the briefest of leather outfits and carrying a whip and looking for all the world like Helga the Viking but with tendencies to impose bonds and restraints and other devices of pain and suffering like a reincarnation of Irma Grese.

So exactly how do I throw off the bonds, restrictions and constraints so that I am cummintonite without the trials, tribulations and upsets of a major divorce proceedings.

Edited by user Wednesday, 11 July 2012 10:27:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

kiwikeith  
Posted : Sunday, 8 July 2012 8:19:27 PM(UTC)
kiwikeith

Medals: Outstanding Contribution: Helped organise get together for Paydirt members and volunteered gold claim for the event (Oct 2013)

Was thanked: 230 time(s) in 154 post(s)
try looking for the key to unlock the bonds

i pref fur to swallow the keys so as i can remain bonded or locked to the bed
creamer  
Posted : Monday, 9 July 2012 10:49:22 AM(UTC)
creamer

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 525 time(s) in 391 post(s)
Chuckle chuckle.
Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz