New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

2 Pages<12
starflash  
Posted : Saturday, 4 June 2011 7:23:00 AM(UTC)
starflash

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 30 post(s)
nice pics, this weather doesnt inspire me much either
criticol  
Posted : Saturday, 4 June 2011 8:20:48 AM(UTC)
criticol

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Good on you John. (JW)

Bet you feel a lot better after getting that lot of dirty water of your chest, even if it was sort of wrongly distributed around.

But your right about some things as you see them---others may see them in a slightly different light though?
I know that you have put in the hard yards, and carried all the disillusionments this can bring with it sometimes.
I had always hoped that we could be friends, living in the same area and sharing the same pursuit. But sadly that seemed to disintegrate with our differing views over sharing reasonably easy to get at semi-golden grounds.
I took umbrage to what I considered to be a warning from you, if I went ahead with my intention to share a couple of locations with those whom I also considered to be worthy recipients to receive them! because I concluded that this was a gift of my own personal decision making, not anybody else’s.

Yours respectfully---Colin
kiwijw  
Posted : Saturday, 4 June 2011 6:38:05 PM(UTC)
kiwijw

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 324 post(s)
Hi Colin, Good to hear from you & thanks for the words in your above post.
As to feeling better.....I would have felt a lot better if I didnt have to say what I said. It isnt in my nature to be like that. I guess human nature is that people will always see things differently.
I wasnt warning you or telling you off or growling at you but just showing my concern of naming places in the Coromandel on a public forum because of the fact that fossicking for gold is not an acceptable practice in the eyes of the law here & the consequences being I would hate to have it shut down altogether or policed to the stage where you just couldnt get away with it any more.
People need to be aware of this in the Coromandel & act accordinly if they fossick here.
You now know that at the time I showed my concerns to you I was going through my drama with Enviroment Waikato so I was very on edge. At the time you didnt know that because I hadnt told you or any body.
I aired my concerns to you in a private email so it was just between you & me & for some reason you took great offence to it when no offence was ment, & instead of privatly emailing me in return to discuss it, you slammed me publicly on the forum here. Ok....you didnt mention my name but then you didnt need to as those following it would have known it was me. That public outburst of yours is what pissed me off with you as I was trying to keep it private. So in return I had no choice but to explain myself on the forum as you werent answering further emails to you & you continued to take digs at me.
So lets just put it down to a miss understanding & shake hands. My appologies to you. I respect you a lot & you know that. But I feel strongly about places being named on public forums, especially here in the Coro with all the frog arse licking & tree hugging greenies waiting to pounce & I am glad to see that Lammerlaw is now having second thoughts about doing the same. Although he has his different reasons.
On another note....I am so sorry to hear of your predicament & hope all works out well for you.

All the best

Regards

John :)
kiwijw  
Posted : Saturday, 4 June 2011 7:56:32 PM(UTC)
kiwijw

Hi team, Here is another little gadget. It is a little 3" subsurface
type dredge.

UserPostedImage

Here my 2nd eldest son is trialing it with a little 2 stroke 2.5hp motor/pump

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Happy hunting

JW :)

Goldnut  
Posted : Tuesday, 2 August 2011 4:19:22 PM(UTC)
Goldnut

Man

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 92 post(s)
WOW! that is an awesome contraption!
Fisher F2 11DD coil, Garrett Pro-Pointer ----> My Blog: http://goldnut.blogspot.co.nz
gavin  
Posted : Sunday, 7 August 2011 11:02:10 AM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
Hi JW,

So how did the 3" sub-surface dredge work in the trials above? Looks like an awesome little device!

Cheers,
Gavin
keen  
Posted : Monday, 31 October 2011 9:24:59 PM(UTC)
keen

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi JW, thats some great backcountry gear! I am looking into building a backpack dredge..any ideas where I could purchase a small dredge pump?

Cheers

Sam
Gaark  
Posted : Friday, 11 November 2011 2:07:11 PM(UTC)
Gaark

Man

Originally Posted by: kiwijw Go to Quoted Post

NEVER EVER name or show spots or locations on a public forum for the whole world to see. No one has the right to do that unles they are the claim holder, but then why would they want to do that???.....Public recreational sites are the exception.
I mean no harm or offence to any one out there, but just use your common sense & think things through. Respect the rights of land owners & there reasons why they may refuse access....they will be for good reasons...to them any way & that is all that matters.
Always make sure you arent on claimed ground. That is getting more difficult every the day.

Happy hunting

Being new here I read this and have learnt a lesson before I even made a mistake. Thanks JW :)

*edit to cut down on post size + other reasons...

Edited by user Sunday, 13 November 2011 7:02:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mem  
Posted : Friday, 11 November 2011 10:19:07 PM(UTC)
mem

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Gaark,Thanks for being so thoughtfull and plastering that all over the forum again ,i had forgotten all about that months ago, i thought it was all forgotten dead and burried lol.
Now you will get JW all fired up again now thats all i need, as i am just about to leave for melbourne in a few hours, then over to auckland I didnt mention to anyone which day i was leaving did i? this seems like a conspiracy to me, ok not another word from me then, I WILL BE KEEPING UNDER THE RADAR As they say, mind you i havent got a clue what to do lol, so if you see some poor F%*"+*R scrabbling around clueless with a hire car close by in the wilds of coromandel, then i wouldnt mind any tips and suggestions.
Love you all .
Mem probably my last famous words.
kiwijw  
Posted : Friday, 11 November 2011 10:44:46 PM(UTC)
kiwijw

Originally Posted by: mem Go to Quoted Post
Gaark,Thanks for being so thoughtfull and plastering that all over the forum again ,i had forgotten all about that months ago, i thought it was all forgotten dead and burried lol.
Now you will get JW all fired up again now thats all i need, as i am just about to leave for melbourne in a few hours, then over to auckland I didnt mention to anyone which day i was leaving did i? this seems like a conspiracy to me, ok not another word from me then, I WILL BE KEEPING UNDER THE RADAR As they say, mind you i havent got a clue what to do lol, so if you see some poor F%*"+*R scrabbling around clueless with a hire car close by in the wilds of coromandel, then i wouldnt mind any tips and suggestions.
Love you all .
Mem probably my last famous words.

G'day Mem, I had forgotten it too mate. Bugger. Welcome to NZ .....when you get here.....give me an email & I will see what I can jack up for you for a gold fossick on the Coro. :)

Regards

Gaark  
Posted : Sunday, 13 November 2011 7:04:00 PM(UTC)
Gaark

Man

Sorry Mem, I guess I'll just speak when spoken to from now on.
kiwijw  
Posted : Monday, 14 November 2011 7:53:27 PM(UTC)
kiwijw

Hi there Garrk, No you are ok mate. That is all water under the bridge now. I was going through a bit of a rough patch back then & very touchy touchy. I have gotten over it now & sure mem has too. His comment before was just tounge in cheek.
Speak up when ever you want to, dont wait to be spoken to.
Welcome to the forum.

Posted : Saturday, 20 July 2013 9:03:13 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Message was deleted by a Moderator. | Reason: Not specified
chrischch  
Posted : Saturday, 20 July 2013 9:55:12 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 104 post(s)
This is a funny place to put that post. You should start a new thread in the appropriate section to get more answers. I don't think there's many ppl here who have done that though. You been watching the telly? :)
Fisher Goldbug Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Propointer.
2 Pages<12