New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

kiwisouth  
Posted : Sunday, 18 April 2010 5:16:18 AM(UTC)
kiwisouth

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Groups: Registered
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Mainly aimed at the Administrator really, but I wonder if a Chat room might be handy on here. A lot of other forums I got to have this function.
Nulli Illigitimi Carborundum
gavin  
Posted : Sunday, 18 April 2010 3:02:29 PM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
I'm pretty new to running a forum and am not 100% familiar with this software yet, but I notice there's a "Shout Box" on the home page which I believe is what you're probably after? I see you've posted a quick message there anyway.

I think the numbers are still pretty low in the scheme of things to get best use of this feature yet, but as more an more people discover the site I'm sure it'll become a useful feature ;)
x-terra steve  
Posted : Sunday, 18 April 2010 4:18:12 PM(UTC)
x-terra steve

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Hi there Gavin,

I have not longed learn't that you are the dude that has got this fourm up and running.

Well done!!,I am not up with the play in the computer world but there must be a heck of a lot of time and effort involved is setting this site up.

A big thanks from me and many of the other folk out there.

Cheers
Steve
gavin  
Posted : Sunday, 18 April 2010 6:08:11 PM(UTC)
gavin

Much appreciated - just great seeing some people like yourself are starting to find it useful :)

I've got to give some thanks to John Wilson - he's been a wealth of knowledge and help to me so far with my fossicking and mentioned he'd like to see an NZ based forum also so gave me that extra push to get one out there.

I'm a pommie who's been over here 3 years now and love having the chance to go bush looking for a bit of colour. Figured this would be a nice way to connect with like minded folk and as I couldn't find an NZ forum I decided I could put one out there (having the skills, being a bit of a computer nerd as my day job).

Cheers,
Gavin
kiwisouth  
Posted : Monday, 19 April 2010 8:20:38 AM(UTC)
kiwisouth

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Hi Gavin

Sorry to jump the gun. I had a look at the JAF website yesterday and I have asked if Char room functionality is available but...... It is certainly not important. I am enjoying this site as it is and I probably spend too much time looking around the different websites and forums already. But finding a NZ one is pretty darned awesome. So from me, thanks for the efforts to get this going, yours and John's.

If you ever want to keep your appetites whetted, check out Youtube. I spend far too much time on there. If you want to link to my page, I subscribe to a couple of gents on the USA and a detectorist here in NZ. I use kiwis0uth as a name. Seems someone else got my original one.

Better get some work done
Nulli Illigitimi Carborundum
gavin  
Posted : Monday, 19 April 2010 9:49:34 AM(UTC)
gavin

Cool :) Feel free to link to your page here if you want. Will check it out when I have 5 mins.