New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

Nugget-Hunter  
Posted : Friday, 15 March 2013 9:57:43 AM(UTC)
Nugget-Hunter

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 20 post(s)
The new XP Deus V2 Metal Detector is a French made product. The ultimate design. NZ$ 2478.20 at the Prospectors Patch AU.
I would buy one today if it would run on AA batteries.
Some of the features:
-wireless coil, wireless control box, wireless headphones
-runs on 3 lithium batteries, about 20 hours run time, 2 hours charging time
-weight: less then a kilo including batteries
-Frequency: 4-18 kHz user adjustable
-all the other discriminations, reject/accept functions, all user adjustable or pre set programs
-a few other coil sizes, expensive though........NZ$ 785.00
-fully water-proof, even the headphones
I think it is more a coin-detector, but reviews say it is just as good in the gold field. Able to pick up a 1 gram shotgun pellet at 20 cm dept.
The perfect design for the NZ bush, no wire hang up's and super light weight.
Shilo  
Posted : Friday, 15 March 2013 10:20:50 AM(UTC)
Shilo

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 185 post(s)
And very tough despite its fragile look. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fsNaymy78M&feature=youtu.be

I wouldn't be too worried about it not taking AA's. It has batteries in the coil (which is why they are so $), headphones and remote but they will last for 27 hours which a good 3-4 days detecting in the bush. A car charger can also be used. Just a pity it can only use one of the 4 frequencies at a time, maybe the next version or a software upgrade will introduce multi-frequency.

I want one, not only to play with but because it is so compact it will easily fit into a pack. I was looking at them previously but decided on the V3i instead since the Deus wasn't widely available outside of Europe at that time.
Nugget-Hunter  
Posted : Friday, 15 March 2013 11:01:50 AM(UTC)
Nugget-Hunter

Man

Many thanks Shilo, for searching out that youtube video. Finally a Peter-proof metal detector, and made for NZ bush and weather conditions. The only worry is the power supply/source. What if one of the batteries goes bad? i have to find out about that, if they are replaceable/changeable by the user in the field. Now since i have seen that video, that makes me even more, i really really want one of them detectors.
Shilo  
Posted : Friday, 15 March 2013 11:18:19 AM(UTC)
Shilo

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Originally Posted by: Nugget-Hunter Go to Quoted Post
Many thanks Shilo, for searching out that youtube video. Finally a Peter-proof metal detector, and made for NZ bush and weather conditions. The only worry is the power supply/source. What if one of the batteries goes bad? i have to find out about that, if they are replaceable/changeable by the user in the field. Now since i have seen that video, that makes me even more, i really really want one of them detectors.

Just been browsing the manual. Correction to what I said above - the batteries will last between 11 & 15 hours in the coil (headset & phones a lot longer) depending on the power selected.

Manual can be downloaded from here: http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/docs/deus/DEUS_English.pdf

And this is what it says about the batteries:

After 300 to 400 charging cycles the battery still has 80% of its capacity, which
then gradually begins to decrease over subsequent cycles.
As an indication, the batteries should last for around 3 to 4 years when used on
a weekly basis

The three Dēus batteries are identical.
The batteries for the wireless headphones and the remote control are easy to
replace as they are connected to the circuit with a mini-connector and double-sided
adhesive tape.
The search coil battery is sealed for obvious reasons of safety and impermeability.
It must be returned to our service department or an XP distributor for replacement.

I have read that you can get a small tool (like a plastic pick) that will allow you to replace the coil battery yourself if needed.

Also you can get an emergency charger that is AA powered (bottom of page). If in the bush for a few days & away from a vehicle you could just take a supply of AA's just in case.

Edited by user Friday, 15 March 2013 11:21:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Metal Kiwi  
Posted : Friday, 15 March 2013 11:34:30 AM(UTC)
Metal Kiwi

Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 322 post(s)
What is the coil size and type?

MK

Shilo  
Posted : Friday, 15 March 2013 11:45:40 AM(UTC)
Shilo

Originally Posted by: Metal Kiwi Go to Quoted Post

MK

22.5cm DD. Completely wireless so it has transmitter & battery built into it. A larger 34cm x 28cm can also be got if you have enough $$$!

Link to their website is : http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/metal-detector/XP-DEUS. They have been very popular in Europe the last couple of years and have only recently been released to the US and Aust markets. A lot of people like it because of its light weight and the fact that it can be user programmed to suit a particular area or detecting style (not as much as the V3i but much more then the average high end detector).
Metal Kiwi  
Posted : Friday, 15 March 2013 12:44:02 PM(UTC)
Metal Kiwi

Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 322 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Shilo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Metal Kiwi Go to Quoted Post

MK

22.5cm DD. Completely wireless so it has transmitter & battery built into it. A larger 34cm x 28cm can also be got if you have enough $$$!

Link to their website is : http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/metal-detector/XP-DEUS. They have been very popular in Europe the last couple of years and have only recently been released to the US and Aust markets. A lot of people like it because of its light weight and the fact that it can be user programmed to suit a particular area or detecting style (not as much as the V3i but much more then the average high end detector).

Yes I think they are the first to go totally wireless although there are benefits to being hardwired too.

MK

asterix  
Posted : Friday, 15 March 2013 9:57:29 PM(UTC)
asterix

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
They have become very popular over here in the UK,but not something i'd wish to invest in.I just don't see the point of having a wireless coil and control box and i'm sure a large part of the price tag is because of these added features.
Wireless headphones would be nice but at that price its just a luxury too far IMO.
I couldn't be bothered faffing around charging various bits of kit before heading out,and then theres all those batts. that need replacing at some point,sending off coil for batt. fitting etc,it seems like it will just keep on costing $$.
Apparently it is a very good machine but i've yet to see any evidence that it outstrips other mainstream machines,and at that price it would have to be bloody amazing to part with all those readies.
Nugget-Hunter  
Posted : Monday, 18 March 2013 7:54:13 PM(UTC)
Nugget-Hunter

Man

Just found out that all the batteries can be changed by the user, but it will void the warranty. So as long as the battery problem it is within the 2 year warranty period, one has to send the faulty unit (coil, control box, headphone) to an authorized service shop/dealer. Normal sort of thing for any warranty claim. Unfotunately there are no spare batteries available in australasia as yet. But the AA powered emergency charger is available. So this detector can be taken to the bush for an extended hunting trip.
And now the best of all: XP will soon release the gold field version. The XP Deus v3. I will now wait for that one to come out.
mickey  
Posted : Thursday, 28 November 2013 7:31:26 PM(UTC)
mickey

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 180 time(s) in 79 post(s)
greeting,
the XP DEUS is now available in NZ.
the website ( www. xpdeus.co.nz ) will help clear up some of the queries above.
please post here or PM me if any queries need more attention.
as the NZ distributor and service agent for XP DEUS,
i look forward to serving you.
[email protected]

mickey ** XP-DEUS Distributor (NZ) ** http://www.xpdeus.co.nz/
Chewton  
Posted : Saturday, 30 November 2013 8:15:19 PM(UTC)
Chewton

New Zealand

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mickey Go to Quoted Post
greeting,
the XP DEUS is now available in NZ.
the website ( www. xpdeus.co.nz ) will help clear up some of the queries above.
please post here or PM me if any queries need more attention.
as the NZ distributor and service agent for XP DEUS,
i look forward to serving you.
[email protected]

Hi Mickey,

Will you have a full range of accessories for sale as well, I thinking mainly the clip for recharging the coil as these are tricky to attach and it pays to keep a spare. (This I have read on O/S forums). I have a Deus on order and its been along wait.

XP Deus - 28mm x 32mm coil
Lesche
mickey  
Posted : Saturday, 30 November 2013 10:25:21 PM(UTC)
mickey

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 180 time(s) in 79 post(s)
hi chewton,
stocked accessories (chargers, covers etc) are as listed on the website. ( www.xpdeus.co.nz )
spare parts aren't up on the site as yet, but we do stock all replacement parts for the XP Deus,
coil charge clips, all batteries, stems, coils, coil screw kits, remote LCD components, etc etc.
saying that, i doubt whether you'll ever need these replacement parts.
(dogs, kids, driving off with headphones on roof of car .... hmm, that's another matter)

hope your XP Deus shows up soon.
let me know if i can be of any assistance with this.
michael

mickey ** XP-DEUS Distributor (NZ) ** http://www.xpdeus.co.nz/
Chewton  
Posted : Friday, 7 February 2014 7:25:39 PM(UTC)
Chewton

New Zealand

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Finally after a very long wait my Deus arrived this afternnon. It has v3.2 loaded and the 13"x 11" coil attached.

Has anyone else got a Deus in CHCH?
XP Deus - 28mm x 32mm coil
Lesche