New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

tassiedetecting  
Posted : Thursday, 25 April 2013 12:28:52 AM(UTC)
tassiedetecting

Groups: Registered
Man
Australia

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
One day only, ANZAC day specials at almost below cost prices
UserPostedImage

Garrett Edge Digger $54 NZ

Garrett Soft Case Universal Detector Camo Bag $121 NZ

Garrett AT Gold Metal Detector with 5x8 DD coil $892 NZ

Everything is Available in Australia, nothing coming from USA

ANZAC Day Specials

Edited by user Thursday, 25 April 2013 2:13:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Thursday, 25 April 2013 1:21:18 AM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 329 post(s)
now why would they want to pay those prices for the fishers when they can get them right here in NZ for cheaper off us fisher dealers?..so i ask..what is special about those prices...
Chris - Fisher Dealer http://www.puiakisupply.co.nz/
tassiedetecting  
Posted : Thursday, 25 April 2013 1:28:11 AM(UTC)
tassiedetecting

Man
Australia

Ok have left Fisher off the list now for you, i will just keep answering the emails for the ones i guess out of stock in NZ. The Garrett price is a great price and hope you liking the ANZAC pictures on the store page

Edited by user Thursday, 25 April 2013 2:14:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

kaydubya  
Posted : Thursday, 25 April 2013 2:01:42 PM(UTC)
kaydubya

New Zealand

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
As far as I'm concerned, tassiedetecting, you should feel free to advertise whatever you wish at whatever price you wish and you should not feel it necessary to remove some of your advertised items. Seems to me the punters are smart enough to figure out what the best available advertised deal is on any given product without having it spelt out for them by someone who sees you as a threat. Any competitor who has the same item at a lower price should welcome the competition as it serves to emphasise the attractiveness of their own deal.

I notice you now have your NZ postage rates up on your site. May I suggest an idea to simplify the process for potential purchasers? Instead of using a currency converter, advertise each item in both $AU and $NZ including postage. You could then use a qualifying note to the effect that purchases of multiple items may qualify for for a reduced price and invite customers to request a quote. This would also remove the "unknown weight" factor which comes into play when freight cost is quoted in weight bands.

Edited by user Thursday, 25 April 2013 4:27:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: To make less ambiguous.

tassiedetecting  
Posted : Thursday, 25 April 2013 4:33:07 PM(UTC)
tassiedetecting

Man
Australia

Originally Posted by: kaydubya Go to Quoted Post

I notice you now have your NZ postage rates up on your site. May I suggest an idea to simplify the process for potential purchasers? Instead of using a currency converter, advertise each item in both $AU and $NZ including postage. You could then use a qualifying note to the effect that purchases of multiple items may qualify for for a reduced price and invite customers to request a quote. This would also remove the "unknown weight" factor which comes into play when freight cost is quoted in weight bands.

My store is hosted by a isp not done on a blog page like a lot of cheaper to run stores, long story short, its a using a large product database to manage all the stock in the warehouse and even though i like your idea but actually making that happen is tricky. the dollar conversion click on side of page is great, it instantly switches you from aussie store to nz store, i will put up a way for people to email me for quotes again, i am at the moment getting a dozen or more quote emails a day from adverts and i then create a special product number for them to use to order the items.
thanks for the feedback
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Friday, 26 April 2013 1:03:29 AM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 329 post(s)
sorry didnt mean for you to remove them i just ment that your SPECIAl price wasnt cheaper than what they can get the same machines for right here in NZ...

I agree with Kaydubya...you can advertise what ever you like at what ever price you like..I have no doubt the garretts are a good price,

goodluck with your sales.
Chris - Fisher Dealer http://www.puiakisupply.co.nz/
tassiedetecting  
Posted : Friday, 26 April 2013 1:15:20 AM(UTC)
tassiedetecting

Man
Australia

Originally Posted by: nzpoohbear40 Go to Quoted Post
sorry didnt mean for you to remove them i just ment that your SPECIAl price wasnt cheaper than what they can get the same machines for right here in NZ...

I agree with Kaydubya...you can advertise what ever you like at what ever price you like..I have no doubt the garretts are a good price,

goodluck with your sales.

Is ok, i working hard on wholesale price for Fisher, been in long phone chats about getting it sorted out and i keen to sell to NZ as your islands and Tasmania are almost like Twins, Tassie is a Mountain island built by Volcanoes and Earthquakes with many river, heaps of snow and loads of 19th century colonial ruins. So unlike mainland Australian dealers who are focused on Arid Goldfields i am focused on our mutual cold climate detecting.
Garrett is my best deals, about to get a lot better and i have used more Garrett machines for longer than any other maker of machines, so i got years of tips on how they work plus i got some good close friends in Texas who work for Garrett who have in the past week bent over backwards helping me grow my store and sort out products and now i just got a email with Freebies to put on AT Pro, EuroAce and AT Gold products for the month of May.