New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

2 Pages<12
simon  
Posted : Saturday, 1 February 2014 12:00:40 PM(UTC)
simon

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 150 post(s)
why would you need a second account lol.

the internet is all about being watched.

Part of the reason i guess why so many people don't contribute anything.

But as greentater reckoned some people feel they can't contribute. sounds like you must have some stories from W.A. for a start there. it all adds to the site and some members might even get over that way.

There's plenty of guys on here, or that were on here and now prob just watch and observe, that have made great friendships and have met other people they never would have met.

Bit sad at the lack of gold posts but i know even stories from yesteryear still rark up some members, esp if it effects guys in current times and their mining situation whatever it may be.

i think you just have to watch what you say. posts can be edited later tho. and photos can still be taken if you are selective and don't show the whole landscape.

And i'm yet to hear of anything chased up by the authorities for low level mining activities.

Great work Gavin. I don't know how you manage to keep it all running, update it, sort out squabbles and spammers, work your day job, and still get out there mining!
creamer  
Posted : Monday, 3 February 2014 6:04:22 PM(UTC)
creamer

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 525 time(s) in 391 post(s)
For sure. I try to log in when i can and post even if it's just to leave a quick hello yes no or TY. Any post is a good post.

HH

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
Guardian  
Posted : Monday, 3 February 2014 6:59:52 PM(UTC)
Guardian

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Well said Simon.
Discovery Channel is good but a good gold story makes you feel like you were there not just an observer.
One day I'll contribute a gold story but first I have to go on some adventures *8^)

Hey Iggy
I have never seen another person detecting here, with the exception of someone I have been hunting with at that particular time!
If you want to go for a hunt sometime pm me. So far the people I've met from the forum have been top blokes, something about this hobby that seems to filter out most of the less desirables *8^)

I've come to the conclusion that some of the members are Seasonal (a nice way of saying they come and go) but the great thing about this site is that if you haven't been on for a bit you are always welcomed back. If your a newbie like at one stage we all were, then there is always someone willing to give some good friendly advice.

Iggyrulz  
Posted : Monday, 3 February 2014 10:23:21 PM(UTC)
Iggyrulz

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

New Zealand

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 196 post(s)
Will do Gaurdian, Likewise never seen anybody detecting in my life (and I have lived a while, mid fourties). I am a bit of a night owl and not a morning person so maybe everybody is out at 5am on dawn raids.
Keen to go out, will PM you. Latch and I have yet to meet up but will do soon, might be able to have a threesome! (that come out wrong didn't it)
Cheers Iggy
creamer  
Posted : Sunday, 23 November 2014 11:50:58 AM(UTC)
creamer

Man

(Bit of a ramble in the talk shite section for something to do).

2000 plus, choice.

Happy Hunting all, GOLD is good, right there with you.

Edited by user Monday, 1 December 2014 8:55:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: HDDD (High Definition Detecting Disorder)

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
creamer  
Posted : Friday, 1 May 2015 9:32:50 PM(UTC)
creamer

Man

Yeha. 2500.

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
GoldPandemic  
Posted : Wednesday, 11 November 2015 5:20:44 PM(UTC)
GoldPandemic

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Originally Posted by: greentater Go to Quoted Post
In all fairness there is only a few members that can contribute anything particularly interesting. I can't, or I would. My experience (such as it is) is really all in Western Australia. I have returned home to the Bay of Plenty where the 'nuggets' I am likely to find are all stamped on both sides already. I have a lovely gadget in the form of a gpx 5000 which is probably not the ideal treasure hunting machine although it performs pretty well on gold, it is exhausting liberating the beaches and parks around where I live of the bottle caps and tear tabs.
I have wandered up the Coromandel a couple of times and again there is so much trash from previous mining ventures that even if there is the chance of finding a specimen or a wayward nugget it is clearly not in any areas I have explored to date although I am thinking of moving into the recycling business where there is a chance of a dollar.
I would love to live closer to the opportunity to bore you all stupid with photos of nuggets I have detected, but I don't, I have to live vicariously through members that can.
Having said that fellow members I am always up for an adventure, feel free to get in touch and I am more than happy to join forces!

So it was you that cleared those Mount beaches!
In Coromandel you must remove all the trash with the goodies - there may be highly prized goodies. Also if you collect enough scrap it brings back a bit of $.
Treasure/coins: $1
Other artifacts: 1888 button
Lead: 914g
Copper: 46
creamer  
Posted : Thursday, 12 November 2015 8:07:59 PM(UTC)
creamer

Man

Ah, i remember this thread. Fair enough i dig the scene, 2492.
Totally awesome.

HGHUF

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
LittleKiwiDetecting  
Posted : Thursday, 12 November 2015 9:38:47 PM(UTC)
LittleKiwiDetecting

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 44 post(s)
A lot of the joiners don't do anything, do they? Some aren't even detectorists.
Fisher F22
Pre-decimals: 10
Best Finds: German Pistol, Horse bit, Lead Belt Buckle

2 Pages<12