New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

2 Pages12>
creamer  
Posted : Saturday, 11 May 2013 11:07:21 PM(UTC)
creamer

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 525 time(s) in 391 post(s)
Good luck to that person whom ever it is.
Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
andy  
Posted : Tuesday, 14 May 2013 8:09:03 PM(UTC)
andy

Australia

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 72 post(s)
i wander if their forum name will be superturboballistic......
ATpro
ACE250
GC1010
teknetics Eurotek Pro
Guardian  
Posted : Tuesday, 14 May 2013 10:45:52 PM(UTC)
Guardian

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 185 post(s)
I was contemplating developing another personality for this event. Then I could complain about some buggar always being one park ahead of me.

I have noticed that my posts are becoming more random lately, I'm not sure if this is because I can't get out detecting as much or if it is the potential new personality trying to break through. Think I'll just put it down to lack of sleep... That will work.

Edited by user Tuesday, 14 May 2013 10:50:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

madsonicboating  
Posted : Wednesday, 15 May 2013 12:24:45 AM(UTC)
madsonicboating

Man

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 127 post(s)
lol
creamer  
Posted : Wednesday, 15 May 2013 9:30:07 AM(UTC)
creamer

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Originally Posted by: Guardian Go to Quoted Post
I was contemplating developing another personality for this event. Then I could complain about some buggar always being one park ahead of me.

I have noticed that my posts are becoming more random lately, I'm not sure if this is because I can't get out detecting as much or if it is the potential new personality trying to break through. Think I'll just put it down to lack of sleep... That will work.
Yes, have the same problem with speradic random posts especially on a friday nite. And your in the right section, Talk Shite about Non GOLD related topics. All good.

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
creamer  
Posted : Wednesday, 15 May 2013 9:31:25 AM(UTC)
creamer

Man

999 members.

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
Guardian  
Posted : Wednesday, 15 May 2013 12:26:00 PM(UTC)
Guardian

Man
New Zealand

So welcome Adolf.... 1000th member. Didn't see that one coming.

And no it's not me being a dork.

creamer  
Posted : Thursday, 16 May 2013 8:31:01 AM(UTC)
creamer

Man

Missed the 1000th member, congrats, as we have 1001 now. The 1001 member looks like another foriegn advertiser so its highly unlikely the welcome mat will be out there.
Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
Guardian  
Posted : Thursday, 16 May 2013 11:16:58 PM(UTC)
Guardian

Man
New Zealand

Looks Like 1001 has been squished, you get another chance Shane.
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Friday, 17 May 2013 11:34:09 AM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 396 post(s)
I think that the 1000 members thing is sort of validly invalid! There are those who join who just perve, ogle, ponder and then make use of any information they can glean from the site, there are those who come in to ask questions and pick brains and never validly contribute - One guy in particular here comes to mind - he asks questions and you feed him the answers - he never thanks you but then asks about a different spot and the process is repeated - now that is fair enough but he is just here for information gathering and then...and this is the mute point - theres the trolls, commies, Taliban, dropshoulders, parameciums and of course Mr Metalprobe and his ilk and these must surely make up a goodly number of 'members' - the regular contributes, the circle of friends, might number fifty. those who drop by and add something now and again and put the odd thread on or comment on the odd thread are the vaste majority I think but I think that genuine and honest members who want to contribute and who dont mind helping others out probably number only a hundred or two maybe.

Edited by user Friday, 17 May 2013 1:16:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Shilo  
Posted : Friday, 17 May 2013 11:59:01 AM(UTC)
Shilo

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Lammerlaw Go to Quoted Post

I think that the 1000 members thing is sort of validly invalid! There are those who join who just perve, ogle, ponder and then make use of any information they can gklean form the site, there are those who come in to ask questions and pick brains and never validly contribute - One guy in particular here comes to mind - he asks questions and you feed him the answers - he never thanks you but then askes about a different spot and hte process is repeated - now that is fair enough but he is just here for information gathering and then...and this is the mute point - theres the trolls, commies, Taliban, dropshoulders, parameciums and of course Mr Metalprobe and his ilk and these must surely make up a goodly number of 'members' - the regular contributes, the circle of friends, might number fifty. those who drop by and add something now and again and put the odd thread on or comment on the odd thread are the vaste majority I think but I think that genuine and honest members who want to contribute and who dont mind helping others out probably number only a hundred or two maybe.

True, there are 560 members who have never posted on the forum. Some may have joined had a good look around then never come back again but why bother registering in these cases?
creamer  
Posted : Friday, 31 May 2013 9:01:23 PM(UTC)
creamer

Man

Too much, 1033 members.

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
creamer  
Posted : Saturday, 22 June 2013 8:35:51 AM(UTC)
creamer

Man

Crack me up its 7.30am and theres 41 veiwers and im the only one logged in.
Couple of weeks ago the membership was trickling up to 1000 now its 1072, choice.

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
Guardian  
Posted : Saturday, 22 June 2013 10:21:54 AM(UTC)
Guardian

Man
New Zealand

Ever get that feeling you're being watched?

I'm an open book, after all it's a public forum. There are only a couple.. ok 1 member who grates on my nerves as they most likely do to everyone else, maybe they were dropped as a child - but more than likely it's because they like causing mischief. I don't respond to such taunts as it only fuels the fire. It takes all types to make a world and I'm sure they have their use, in this particular scenario the member in question does occasionally invoke some alternative ways of thinking so in that respect they are ok by me.

Now I have inadvertently painted a target on my head, being a person of my word don't bother I wont respond.

I wonder how many members are non-users like the spammers?

I'd guestimate about 50 members that contribute regularly although using the word 'contribute' in reference to some of my posts might be a little strong!

Good fun, made some good 'real life' friends that without the forum probably would not have eventuated.
It was funny that the first person I met while out detecting was one of the forums Gurus and when they mentioned paydirt and there alias it was like, how weird I already know a fair bit about you and your stories.
greentater  
Posted : Saturday, 22 June 2013 10:57:19 AM(UTC)
greentater

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
In all fairness there is only a few members that can contribute anything particularly interesting. I can't, or I would. My experience (such as it is) is really all in Western Australia. I have returned home to the Bay of Plenty where the 'nuggets' I am likely to find are all stamped on both sides already. I have a lovely gadget in the form of a gpx 5000 which is probably not the ideal treasure hunting machine although it performs pretty well on gold, it is exhausting liberating the beaches and parks around where I live of the bottle caps and tear tabs.
I have wandered up the Coromandel a couple of times and again there is so much trash from previous mining ventures that even if there is the chance of finding a specimen or a wayward nugget it is clearly not in any areas I have explored to date although I am thinking of moving into the recycling business where there is a chance of a dollar.
I would love to live closer to the opportunity to bore you all stupid with photos of nuggets I have detected, but I don't, I have to live vicariously through members that can.
Having said that fellow members I am always up for an adventure, feel free to get in touch and I am more than happy to join forces!
gavin  
Posted : Saturday, 22 June 2013 11:52:17 AM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
Also there's probably 100 or so (maybe more!) spammer accounts. I don't delete the account, I simply disable it. This makes it more of a hassle for spammers as they then need to register a completely new email address to continue spamming (and go through the process of creating a new email account with an email provider). I found previously that if I deleted the account then they'd simply keep re-registering with the same email address - to easy. Grrrrr - bloody spammers and their fake passports, nike shoes, etc. etc.!
Guardian  
Posted : Saturday, 22 June 2013 12:07:57 PM(UTC)
Guardian

Man
New Zealand

Well Gavin.. We have you to thank. Well done good sir!
A massive effort on your part keeping things together.

Edited by user Saturday, 22 June 2013 12:09:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

creamer  
Posted : Saturday, 22 June 2013 5:16:07 PM(UTC)
creamer

Man

Nice one. Fact remains 1072 members, up heaps, choice posts.

Cheers

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
creamer  
Posted : Saturday, 1 February 2014 8:20:48 AM(UTC)
creamer

Man

Congrats.
Just noticed Paydirt membership has reached 1500 members. Thats some good news. 9 months ago was at 1000.
Keep up the great work Gavin and Co, proud to be a member.

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
Iggyrulz  
Posted : Saturday, 1 February 2014 9:39:11 AM(UTC)
Iggyrulz

New Zealand

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 196 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Guardian Go to Quoted Post
Ever get that feeling you're being watched?

I'm an open book, after all it's a public forum. There are only a couple.. ok 1 member who grates on my nerves as they most likely do to everyone else, maybe they were dropped as a child - but more than likely it's because they like causing mischief. I don't respond to such taunts as it only fuels the fire. It takes all types to make a world and I'm sure they have their use, in this particular scenario the member in question does occasionally invoke some alternative ways of thinking so in that respect they are ok by me.

Now I have inadvertently painted a target on my head, being a person of my word don't bother I wont respond.

I wonder how many members are non-users like the spammers?

I'd guestimate about 50 members that contribute regularly although using the word 'contribute' in reference to some of my posts might be a little strong!

Good fun, made some good 'real life' friends that without the forum probably would not have eventuated.
It was funny that the first person I met while out detecting was one of the forums Gurus and when they mentioned paydirt and there alias it was like, how weird I already know a fair bit about you and your stories.

I like the way you think Gaurdian and your not afraid to speak your mind. Yes a second profile could be handy, was almost considering that one myself as had a bit of trouble getting this forum thing working for me, should be no need I think she is sussed now.

Might see you out there Iggy
2 Pages12>