New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

gavin  
Posted : Sunday, 3 April 2011 6:54:15 AM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
Been looking at this lightweight folding sluicebox as a potential option for pushing deeper in to the bush with a bit easier. Any opinions on how good it might be, potential problems, etc?

Apparently it's off the market at present as they're making a new version the riffles can be removed from for easier wash-up.

I should imagine / hope the plastic is pretty durable so shouldn't crack too easily when throwing material in.

Cheers,
Gav
File Attachment(s):
gingerbreadman  
Posted : Sunday, 3 April 2011 7:28:06 AM(UTC)
gingerbreadman

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 74 post(s)
There a nice looking sluice another option to go for though you carnt fold them up is the le,trap there supposed to rite up there with the best recovery sluice,s around and farely cheap,lite i looked into importing some had it all suss,d out but in the end couldnt be bother,d as i didnt really need it and id have 5 sluices to sell.
they can fit 6 sluices in the 1 box to save on transport cost,s if any1 is interestd contact the lifestyle store you can google there number.www.lifestylestore.com
gavin  
Posted : Tuesday, 5 April 2011 11:40:49 AM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
Interesting device that Le Trap, but think I'll try and stick with a sluice box for now as probably easier to process a bit more material ;)

Then again, seems to claim that it can process large amounts of material quickly - http://www.lifestylestore.com/ls_goldpan_5084.html - can't image it'd be as good as a sluice box though!?