New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

4 Pages123>»
cromwellgold  
Posted : Saturday, 6 July 2013 3:31:37 PM(UTC)
cromwellgold

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Any other members interested forming a group to play around in this claim , don't think it would have to be too serious but half a dozen members would pay its way , I know it would need a few rules , discussion etc , but could be a lot of fun , any bright ideas ,
Cheers Ross
Aotea  
Posted : Saturday, 6 July 2013 5:03:52 PM(UTC)
Aotea

New Zealand

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 15 post(s)
It would pay for itself by the end of the first summer...
simon  
Posted : Saturday, 6 July 2013 7:24:31 PM(UTC)
simon

Man

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 150 post(s)
"It would pay for itself by the end of the first summer..."

I think this would make a great Tui quote. Is that before or after allowing for the heli access?

You're better off heading to the hills unseen somewhere, or getting permission from a claim holder.

From what i understand from the ad the easier ground is up the top end on this. i looked at it but a mate reckoned the ground wasn't as shallow as made out. and i understand the local landowner is not cooperative with goldmining access.
gingerbreadman  
Posted : Saturday, 6 July 2013 8:17:34 PM(UTC)
gingerbreadman

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Originally Posted by: simon Go to Quoted Post
"It would pay for itself by the end of the first summer..."

I think this would make a great Tui quote. Is that before or after allowing for the heli access?

You're better off heading to the hills unseen somewhere, or getting permission from a claim holder.

From what i understand from the ad the easier ground is up the top end on this. i looked at it but a mate reckoned the ground wasn't as shallow as made out. and i understand the local landowner is not cooperative with goldmining access.

How would you no what was or wasn't up there Simon why don't u get your nuts out and go for a look rather than poohooing the idea I don't see why you couldn't get $25k out of there over the summer .
I think it would be a good opertuneity for all the 1,s that complain about nowhere to go aside from fossicking areas to actually do something about it or do you expect to get something for nothing...
gogold  
Posted : Saturday, 6 July 2013 8:43:05 PM(UTC)
gogold

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 45 post(s)
simon it dosent matter how deep or shallow the ground is their should still be gold in the flood layers. I used to think I had to go to the bottom to find the gold but mates have shown me and ive seen a few times myself now this is not true. most places youll get good gold the first couple of feet on top of the first clay/gravel layer a lot of times its not profitable to go to the bottom. also do you know of any rivers that have a consistent depth to bedrock? most rivers have very undulating bedrock depths, you would've seen this yourself exposed rock in a river and a few hundred metres downstream can be 5m+ deep only to go to exposed rock slightly downstream again.

theres a very high possibility of getting 25k in an area like the nokomai in a summer, the "land owner" you sy is uncooperative dosent actualy own the land doc does hence the concession he is simply an adjoining landowner he dosent own or control access to the river but he can stop you crossing his land to get there, there are paper roads and heli access, Robbie r22 are around $600 an hour and can move a hell of alota gear in an hour so its not as expensive as you think, you would fly gear in once and maybe move it around once or twice then maybe fly gear out again, 1.5-2 ounces would easily cover the chopper costs for a season.

Edited by user Saturday, 6 July 2013 9:08:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ttdamez  
Posted : Saturday, 6 July 2013 9:24:50 PM(UTC)
ttdamez

New Zealand

just saw this discussion what sort of money for a share in this please
Aotea  
Posted : Saturday, 6 July 2013 10:39:41 PM(UTC)
Aotea

New Zealand

Access is via a formed legal road adjoining a farm who is a good bloke. Its the bloke to the east, at Nokomai Station doesn't allow people on his land. Mining an camping can be entirely on conservation land, so no worries. Virtually untouched by dredgers sounds attractive.
simon  
Posted : Sunday, 7 July 2013 10:29:42 AM(UTC)
simon

Man

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 150 post(s)
GBR: Sorry, was not knocking the idea, just don't want to see any newbies blow their dough without some hard thinking or finding out the full facts. I know no claim is perfect - there is never a highway to it and access is always a hassle even at the best of times. i'm sure like all waterways there are easy shallow stretches. i never said there is no chance of making the cost back in a summer. i don't know the farmer but i have discussed the access with others and am aware of how it stands. i'm sure the farmer is a great guy and has his reasons for not allowing access. it is indeed his land. for $25 i think for a claim ain't too bad. there was a similar priced one just recently on the fraser river if anyone is looking. not sure if it sold. was around $25k also.

simon.
Aotea  
Posted : Sunday, 7 July 2013 1:17:27 PM(UTC)
Aotea

New Zealand

Its my claim, and I don't want to sell it. Only problem is I have another claim I have wanted desperately for a few years and it is now free. It'l cost all my cash to do the exploration portion hence having to sell this one.

I know the Nok very well, having spent every long weekend/holiday period camping and fishing there. I have seen one dredger only and he was doing pretty well in the box although I didn't see the final wash-up.

The price is cheap, given it has cost me around 15k and two years of work/negotions/meetings to get it finalised. The land is DoC land. You do not need to enter Nokomai Station and I advise no-one to do so. They don't want anyone there as they want to mine it themselves. Another bloke has the permit surrounding mine and Nokomai has effectively said no, he cant go over one spot on their property even though the bloke lives nearby and has helped the family/farm a lot over the years and even been employed by the farm.

I have the permit/access agreement and resource consent as a pdf if anyone wants it. I also have confirmation from DoC its over their land with a series of maps.
I am about to pay the 2013-14 mininig permit rental of $511.
cromwellgold  
Posted : Monday, 8 July 2013 7:47:07 PM(UTC)
cromwellgold

ttdamez . waiting to see if any further interest from anyone , appears not . The price with half a dozen small time members would be about $ 5000 . There is / was a possible deal also .
cheers

jase265  
Posted : Monday, 8 July 2013 8:04:59 PM(UTC)
jase265

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
good luck, it would be drama after drama going on that claim. as I think that's half the reason its not sold. I just reckon the farmer wouldn't be to happy with 2 let alone 5 or 6 people going on the station. just my thoughts.
Aotea  
Posted : Monday, 8 July 2013 8:15:28 PM(UTC)
Aotea

New Zealand

Jase,
There is absolutely no interaction with the station. You do not need to go on the land at all.
Moonlight Picker  
Posted : Tuesday, 9 July 2013 12:05:56 AM(UTC)
Moonlight Picker

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cromwellgold Go to Quoted Post
ttdamez . waiting to see if any further interest from anyone , appears not . The price with half a dozen small time members would be about $ 5000 . There is / was a possible deal also .
cheers

Go for it,, Cromwellgold , That how I've got in to a claim, A bunch of as In together If.you can get same interest in the claim. go and have look & talk to the owner on harm in that , Its the best way to get some were to go, and to get that gold, & have some fun fun fun,
Its not how mush you can get, ITS how mush fun you will have look for it
rule are easy what you get is yours not hard & its good for safety to having two or three around just incas

gavin  
Posted : Tuesday, 9 July 2013 12:05:06 PM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
How much does DoC charge for access? I understand they tend to charge by the person?
Aotea  
Posted : Tuesday, 9 July 2013 12:22:52 PM(UTC)
Aotea

New Zealand

Annual fees are:

DoC access $1,500 per annum
MP fee $511 per annum

You can also expect to pay for insurance which is around $600-800.
Goldie  
Posted : Tuesday, 9 July 2013 1:22:48 PM(UTC)
Goldie

New Zealand

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Wow... DOC charge $1500 bucks just to access land that belongs to all New Zealanders??
cromwellgold  
Posted : Tuesday, 9 July 2013 1:44:46 PM(UTC)
cromwellgold

Thanks a lot Moonlight , your a Brightlight , The annual cost with half a dozen members would be about $500 dollars each . Nothing for nothing in this world .
Shilo  
Posted : Tuesday, 9 July 2013 1:59:28 PM(UTC)
Shilo

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Goldie Go to Quoted Post
Wow... DOC charge $1500 bucks just to access land that belongs to all New Zealanders??

Yup and good on them! The charge is a concession fee which only applies to what DOC consider to be commercial operations. Thus yes - you and I own the land and if somebody is going to make money out of it then it is only right that they should pay for the privilege otherwise its our tax that is subsidising their business.
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Tuesday, 9 July 2013 2:16:24 PM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 396 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Goldie Go to Quoted Post

I think that if it is put the way Shilo put it then the consideration is all good - after all the gold belongs to the people of New Zealand and therefore why shouldnt some of the proceeds go into State coffers.
As for other fees - they should only be equivalent to the actual costs involved.
Saying that I dont think huge outfits like Macraes should be permitted to take our gold off shore - I think every one knows my attitude about this.

gogold  
Posted : Tuesday, 9 July 2013 2:21:07 PM(UTC)
gogold

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Aotea Go to Quoted Post
Annual fees are:

DoC access $1,500 per annum
MP fee $511 per annum

You can also expect to pay for insurance which is around $600-800.

ouch, 1500 is getting up there for access. is that the best doc would do? for that much I would've pushed them to allow for 8inch dredges. most I know of are between $400-$800 for access. is the consent through enviro southland or ORC? enviro south have started charging a new annual fee for "administration" on all consents.

aotea, is this permit set up in a shell company? if so it would make it easy for a small group to have equal shares in wouldn't it without the hassle and crown min fees of name changes etc.

im sure a few of you guys on here could get together and work something out to have youre own neat spot with some gold. be a great spot to get away for a few days/weeks at a time and start a small mining venture.

4 Pages123>»