New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

flightless kiwi  
Posted : Monday, 22 July 2013 8:12:51 PM(UTC)
flightless kiwi

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

hey all, im just getting in to this, and thought id sign up as im always on here having a read.
iv been in queenstown for a wee while now and only just went panning the other day in the shotover, got color in first pan so a draged a 30kg or so bag of gravel home and panned in the kitchen sink to my partners displeasure haha, no photos as i dont have a cammera but looks between .3 to .5 grams of flood gold. now i would realy like to meet up with some other people from queenstown and go out to the rivers around as iv been told not to use the sink again hahah so if anyone is keen to put up with me then let me know please as iv got the bug
cheers travis
Jenks  
Posted : Thursday, 25 July 2013 8:04:34 PM(UTC)
Jenks

Man
New Zealand

Hi Travis,
I'm about Queens town / arrow town / Cardrona / Cromwell this weekend could meet-up?
I'm just starting out on this, been reading loads and watching YouTube, so I'm keen as,
Good luck :)
waka  
Posted : Friday, 30 August 2013 7:02:47 PM(UTC)
waka

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Gaday flightlesskiwi, my name is waka and also pretty new to this aswell.My wife and I are coming your way in the next couple of weeksMay have to catch up and have a wander around.Ive also a minelab 705 goldpak and the other essentials as well.
So how have the rivers been lately, any good finds.
marceljobe  
Posted : Friday, 6 September 2013 4:11:42 AM(UTC)
marceljobe

Man
New Zealand

hey travis
like you i am new to queens-town and in to gold panning. i am looking for somebody to go up the arrow river or to the shot over river i have use a sluice box myself but i could still be fun . just give me a text or something if you want to go panning some day cheers marcel 0279685224
flightless kiwi  
Posted : Friday, 6 September 2013 7:57:34 PM(UTC)
flightless kiwi

New Zealand

hey guys im definatly keen, i havnt been out lately so im not sure how the rivers have been, and i appologise for not answering you guys eariler, for quicker respose txt me on 0279545862 cheers travis