New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

Juggie  
Posted : Friday, 16 August 2013 2:47:29 PM(UTC)
Juggie

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Anyone ever tried an underflow or boiler riffle system ??

I found a few videos on youtube & they appear to be very effecient with only 3 in what appears to be a sluice approx 1m long.

There's one video where they name a 1g gold flake (I think that was it's weight) & 10g stone as David & Goliath ... interesting to see how fast Goliath went through, while David just sat there.

I'm guessing it would take some practice to get the "walls" set right, but I liked what I saw.

Edited by user Friday, 16 August 2013 3:07:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

gogold  
Posted : Friday, 16 August 2013 3:10:37 PM(UTC)
gogold

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 45 post(s)
you talking about a hand sluice or dredge sluice?
mahutaman  
Posted : Sunday, 18 August 2013 12:14:38 PM(UTC)
mahutaman

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I have tried this method on my other hand sluice. My first riffle is just inch by inch square as a trap. I have the walls on my last 2 riffles with the concave at the bottom. I tried this last time I was out and it effectively flushed out the small rocks and gravel. I have the walls set about 10mm from the bottom. I find that I don't lost any flakes out the end (when I sit a pan there for a while to test)and have about 1/3 of the concentrated gravel to take home to process. works well for me. (the blue pipes in the pics are part of the hydrolic system to help "boil the gravel")

here is a few pics (you will see heaps of my favourite friend in there.....liquid nails!!)