New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

number8wire  
Posted : Thursday, 5 September 2013 1:13:52 PM(UTC)
number8wire

Groups: Registered
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 880 time(s) in 425 post(s)
Has anyone on the Forum dealt with and/or purchased from www.colonialmetaldetectors.com (Massachusetts,US)?....Good?, Bad?....
I've emailed Kellyco.com several times with questions regarding things I am interested in purchasing, but to date have never had a response to any of my emails.
As a result, I have been looking elsewhere and Colonial Metal Detectors seem to have some pretty sharp deals.
Thoughts or any helpful comments welcomed.

http://www.colonialmetaldetectors.com
TEKNETICS T2 SE plus X-POINTER
Silver coins- 233
Other silver- 13
Gold- 1
Sovereigns-0
Spendies -$119.00
foss391  
Posted : Thursday, 5 September 2013 1:32:56 PM(UTC)
foss391

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Gidday #8wire, the shipping is around $70 from that site, i did a dry run on an AT PRO package with the extras. Theres a site that does free international shipping on same package, they in florida. The smaller the item, free shipping goes out the window.
The site is on e-bay, seller jtuyna, i got my pro pointer and a collector bag, plus shipping for around $180nz. Was a hassle free purchase
Hope this helps
Teknetics Delta 4000. Garrett Pro Finder
Foiled again  
Posted : Thursday, 5 September 2013 3:05:05 PM(UTC)
Foiled again

Man

Was thanked: 251 time(s) in 192 post(s)
I looked at Colonial for a lesche (which appeared cheap) but yeah shipping cost more than the tool (like $40odd US.) so got mine locally.
There's another to find and I'm gunna find it!
Shilo  
Posted : Thursday, 5 September 2013 3:17:22 PM(UTC)
Shilo

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 185 post(s)
For some reason Kellyco are either very slow or don't answer their main international email address. If you want to try them again go direct to one of their sales staff, this address may still work for you: [email protected]

Haven't brought from Colonial, but have you also tried http://www.texaspremiumd...tors.com/home_page.html? The Aussies seem to like dealing with him so reckon the same shipping agreements should apply to NZ.
expat  
Posted : Thursday, 5 September 2013 3:30:46 PM(UTC)
expat

Man

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 76 post(s)
I tend to do all my dealings with UK suppliers, not just cos I'm a pom but UK postage appears to be a sight cheaper than US rates. Regton, Crawfords, Joan Allen etc. They've got all the accessories I could need. (But perhaps I'm just being patriotic.)

My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my collection for what I told her it cost me.