New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

Mudwiggle  
Posted : Monday, 4 November 2013 5:54:51 PM(UTC)
Mudwiggle

Groups: Registered, Moderators
New Zealand

Was thanked: 683 time(s) in 317 post(s)
Firstly a hat-tip to Robert at Puiaki for an all-to-easy swapping of currency of the realm for a time-absorbing F4, Cheers mate.
Was a killer watching it sit at the courier depot over the weekend though!

Anyway, I was out in the garden digging up rubbish (as you do with a new toy) when an orchard sprayer went past went past, dunno, maybe 50m away and I could almost hear every sparkplug firing! Are these newfangled VLF things that sensitive to RF?

I'm a very old school PI pilot and like to run "full open" and pick my signals out of the white noise (hear everything, miss nothing), but this was downright intrusive! Even my PC 5m away set up enough of a whine that I had to move to the other side of the house.

How on earth do you guys cope in the smoke, or am I condemned to sweep outside the powerline corridors?
creamer  
Posted : Wednesday, 6 November 2013 7:52:25 AM(UTC)
creamer

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 525 time(s) in 391 post(s)
Powerlines and electric fences are normally in the way. Try turning the sensitivity down a little may work.

Forgot to say congrats on your new arrival.

HH

Edited by user Wednesday, 6 November 2013 7:53:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz