New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

Grumpy  
Posted : Tuesday, 24 December 2013 9:36:38 AM(UTC)
Grumpy

Groups: Registered

Hi People just saying hi from Perth and to ask is there anyone coming this way for a swing at the yellow stuff, I will be heading back to the gold fields off and on so if anyone wants to tagg along or travel with me I dont mind. I need a little bit of a warning though as Im a paramedic on a mine site but get time off when i want it. Just as a matter of interest Im from Invercargill and have been in Perth for 19 years and swing the minelab gear for just as long with a bit of luck too. contact can be made through here anytime.
Merry Xmas and a safe new year to all
Grmupy
FossickFester  
Posted : Tuesday, 24 December 2013 9:41:48 AM(UTC)
FossickFester

New Zealand

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Merry Christmas Grumpy, welcome to the site. :)
cromwellgold  
Posted : Tuesday, 24 December 2013 4:37:24 PM(UTC)
cromwellgold

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Hi from Invercargill , raining like hell , nothing changes , Merry Xmas ,
Cheers Ross
bedrock  
Posted : Thursday, 26 December 2013 8:43:39 AM(UTC)
bedrock

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello Grumpy.
Merry Xmas and best wishes for the new year and welcome to this site.
What area do you normally head to for a swing ? In 2012 me and a couple of mates joined a Gold Prospecting Australia tag along tour in Leonora , we had such a fantastic time and enjoyed the outback camping so much that before we even arrived back in NZ we just new that we had to come back.
As soon as the 2013 tour dates were released by mark from GPA we grabbed ourselves a spot on back to back tours , this time up in the halls creek area of WA, 20 days detecting !! simply awesome :)
The 2014 tour dates were released and now that the fevers really set in , there was no way that we were going to miss out on one of the best gold prospecting / camping holidays you'll experience. This time we're heading to the sandstone area for 10 days detecting then moving on to cue for another 10 days , really looking forward to it.
All the best and happy swinging.
jollyr  
Posted : Sunday, 12 January 2014 12:03:23 PM(UTC)
jollyr

Man
New Zealand
Location: New Zealand. South Island. In a motorhome ("HamHilton")

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hopefully heading over in June for some swinging in the goldfields in wa for around 3 mths.
We start from Perth as we have a small camper stored there. Will pm you when i know some dates.
Have done 3 winters in the goldfields. Looking forward to trip as i have missed the last 2 seasons and i have had my 4500 modded by Woody and haven't had a chance to try it out in AU yet.
Cheers Roger