New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

Moonlight Picker  
Posted : Monday, 7 April 2014 9:29:07 PM(UTC)
Moonlight Picker

Groups: Registered
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi All

I'm Interest in if anyone has had the pleasures of using a Proline Dredge,,, And Keene Dredge.
To see what you think of these two Dredges.
Like the 6" 18hp proline to the 6" 9hp Keene
I look forward to your thought's
Cheers
garrymac  
Posted : Monday, 7 April 2014 10:12:48 PM(UTC)
garrymac

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 19 post(s)
hi , talk to Daniel about keene,, I have a improved version of a HP400 pump on my ownbuilt 4"
. Afther talking to a lot of people and doing a lot of research I decided that the proline was worth a look at,and then added my own tolerances to the impellor and housing, I ended up with a very strong pump at reasonable rpm on a 6.5hp motor-- plenty of spare grunt for those deep hole,in saying that ive only been down about 3.5 meters. MY sluice box is my own design with a bit help---keene proline and others, a single box,SSteele perf plate like proline classifier wave action, art turf at top section, spaggeti mat on bottom-- no gold in the bottom three riffles. I have a almost complete spare pump sitting on my work bench just needs a motor and then a new box for a six inch if needed for those really deep holes. Have a bloody good look around before buying a bigger dredge,,a lot cheaper to built your own, with a bit of help, good luck.
garrymac  
Posted : Monday, 7 April 2014 10:12:55 PM(UTC)
garrymac

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 19 post(s)
hi , talk to Daniel about keene,, I have a improved version of a HP400 pump on my ownbuilt 4"
. Afther talking to a lot of people and doing a lot of research I decided that the proline was worth a look at,and then added my own tolerances to the impellor and housing, I ended up with a very strong pump at reasonable rpm on a 6.5hp motor-- plenty of spare grunt for those deep hole,in saying that ive only been down about 3.5 meters. MY sluice box is my own design with a bit help---keene proline and others, a single box,SSteele perf plate like proline classifier wave action, art turf at top section, spaggeti mat on bottom-- no gold in the bottom three riffles. I have a almost complete spare pump sitting on my work bench just needs a motor and then a new box for a six inch if needed for those really deep holes. Have a bloody good look around before buying a bigger dredge,,a lot cheaper to built your own, with a bit of help, good luck.
pc5001  
Posted : Tuesday, 8 April 2014 9:33:53 PM(UTC)
pc5001

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Build your own mate,its the kiwi way.Get a pump from either and nut it out yourself. Not only will you save heaps but you`ll really start to understand the physics involved and when youve got it dialed and your getting a bit of gold you`ll think,shit ,I made this myself....double the satisfaction....thats what I reckon anyway...
Moonlight Picker  
Posted : Tuesday, 8 April 2014 10:23:29 PM(UTC)
Moonlight Picker

Man
New Zealand

Hi pc5001
Thanks mate. our first Dredge was a aluminium 4" home made Alu floats etc.. we play around with it a bit like motor pump hoses and to a jet unit. lot of fun.
But what I was asking is what the difference between the two Dredges is one beater or whats what in big dredges
Cheers
pc5001  
Posted : Tuesday, 8 April 2014 10:56:14 PM(UTC)
pc5001

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 8 post(s)
They seem to be everywhere these days, if I were buying a new dredge,I`d check these guys out....price is about the same and they were highly regarded back in the day.....http://precisiondredges.com/the-precision-dredges I suspect they might take a while to deliver tho...
Moonlight Picker  
Posted : Wednesday, 9 April 2014 9:41:45 PM(UTC)
Moonlight Picker

Man
New Zealand

Hi pc5001 Had a look at precision dredges not bad, but the price ant great time you take the exchange rate & import, tax's you can buy one from Daniel cheaper
but great to look at thanks
gingerbreadman  
Posted : Wednesday, 9 April 2014 10:37:09 PM(UTC)
gingerbreadman

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 74 post(s)
I'd say the biggest difference between the two "proline,Keene " is the size the Keene is quite a lot smaller all round Iv got a 6" but with the two 6.5hp Iv had it for around 4 years its never let me down if your considering buying Eather you'll have a good dredge I guess what it comes down to is we're you are using it and wether you mostly dredge alone if so the smaller will be a lot Easyer to move around by your self...I was just reading pc500,s build your own comment great idea but man there's only a few guys that can pull that 1 off well Iv had a couple of dredges built and when I say that I mean I got someone else to do it as i carnt weld that great so didn't save any$ at all infact some parts endd up costing more than buying them from
Keene ...dredge building is only for someone with a decent workshop and mind for such things else itl probably turn out crap.