New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

jimmy bedrock  
Posted : Saturday, 12 April 2014 8:18:00 AM(UTC)
jimmy bedrock

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 104 post(s)
Hi all I have just brought a new gold bug pro comes next week kol thank you Robert from puiaki suppy up there in the equipment section:)
I got the 5inch coil and just wanted to know how they preform in iron trashy areas? good target separation?
Who here uses the gold bug pro for coin shooting and jewellery hunting and how dose it preform in the dirt?
I got it for gold detecting but I will use it in some parks and other sites until I get down south again. Cant wait:):0
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Saturday, 12 April 2014 10:59:23 AM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 329 post(s)
the gold bug works great as a coin/relic hunter..more so with the 11 inch coil...but you do get better separation with the 5 inch..just not as much depth....I hunted the grones in CHCH with mine when I had the 11DD on it..i did around these benches that was loaded with beer caps and pull tabs..i found quite a few coins in the area..but decide to go back there with the 5 inch on it the next day..and hunted around the same benches and found 2 SILVER rings and a part silver braclet between some of the caps I didn't dig up..it showed me 2 things....DIG every thing...And when in real trashy area use the smaller coil to get between things..lol.

hope this helps....

P.S havnt used one in gold fields yet so don't know how they preform in irony areas personally...but I am sure Hatter can help you out with that one...he has found heaps of gold with his gold bug and I am sure there must of been irony areas where he goes.
Chris - Fisher Dealer http://www.puiakisupply.co.nz/
jimmy bedrock  
Posted : Sunday, 13 April 2014 5:38:25 PM(UTC)
jimmy bedrock

New Zealand

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 104 post(s)
Thank you poohbear. It will have to be better than my last gold detector lol:)
Looking forward to giving it a go in the parks.... sounds good. I had a go with Gavin's gold bug pro last time I was down south and really liked it. Had good tones and picked up tiny bits of lead alright. I will see if I can get another sovereign with it up here first;)
spent a lot of money this week for my 30th birthday.
I got the gold bug pro and a new NEL coil for my ATpro and then my pro pointer broke today so just ordered a new 1 ..
cant wait for every thing to get here:)