New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

oldrimu  
Posted : Thursday, 17 April 2014 11:21:06 PM(UTC)
oldrimu

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
50 years? I'm not young as you can work out. Most of my time is spend reading gold related books & on you tube Love those D'arcy Cooper (Miner or bust) clips. Spent a lot of time in Lowburn (Otago, above Cromwell on the Clutha) when I was younger. I now live in Mosgiel, Dunedin. My mother's cousins were the Hooper bro.s who had shares in the Bell Hooper mine @ Scotland Point on the Kawarau river. In my younger years I spent a lot of time at Quartz reef Point above Lowburn. Sadly much of that land is flooded by the Clyde dam and I now realise the possibilities I let slip. Had a suction dredge but lent it to a guy who died and he never gave it back. Still believe there is a lot of gold around Quartz Reef Point & I want to find some.
Anyone want to help me? I may be old but I have the fever.
Anyway, just an introduction. Be kind to me.

Cheers
overdog  
Posted : Friday, 18 April 2014 7:32:33 PM(UTC)
overdog

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 68 post(s)
Welcome to the madhouse buddy! Darcy Cooper has some good videos-at leas t we don't have to keep an eye out for bears just idiot claim jumpers...
Havent managed to get to your neck of the woods for ever but there are a few bods on here from round there...
User is suspended until 21/11/2019 8:24:17 AM(UTC) techexpo54  
Posted : Thursday, 20 November 2014 11:30:00 PM(UTC)

Message was deleted by a Moderator. | Reason: Not specified
creamer  
Posted : Friday, 21 November 2014 7:46:14 AM(UTC)
creamer

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 525 time(s) in 391 post(s)
Must be a revamp of an old thread, welcome anyhows.

HH

Edited by user Friday, 21 November 2014 7:51:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: HDDD (High Definition Detecting Disorder)

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
Jacko  
Posted : Wednesday, 28 January 2015 5:24:31 PM(UTC)
Jacko

New Zealand

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hey welcome! im also just new here too and am having a look/read around. I see the fever isn't selective as too age groups it infects!

I'm a Dunedin fella but at the moment i'm living up in Cromwell and always keen to have a look around or a yarn over a beer if your ever up this way.

I don't have much in the way of gear, no dredges or anything, but just smaller hand held gear etc.

In the mean time, i hope you have been indulging your passion!!