New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

2 Pages<12
shahit  
Posted : Wednesday, 6 August 2014 3:44:12 PM(UTC)
shahit

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

I also tried but Garrett NZ Store price is pretty high, i am looking for a contact in USA, so i can ship it to him and he can ship it to me, in either case Customs will apply standard ~15% charge but still it'll come up to 25% to 30% cheap mate :)

Some guys were talking about Mine lab GPX 5000 (US$5200) much better than Garrett ATX(US$2120), well i dug up a youtube video in which Minelab GPX5000 scores 2hits/4=Normal Mode & 2hits/4=Pure Gold VS Garrett ATX 4hits/4=Normal Mode & 4hits/4=Non Motion Mode, real life testing shows ATX is much better than Minelab GPX as you don't wont to swipe twice for the same area with Mine Lab GPX, here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k72F-61e1UQ

Let me know what you guys think of above test :)

Edited by user Wednesday, 6 August 2014 3:47:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling mistake

gjj109  
Posted : Wednesday, 6 August 2014 11:10:47 PM(UTC)
gjj109

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 115 post(s)
I see the test was conducted by an authorised Garrett dealer, not that I'm suggesting anything of course.

If you see the pieces of gold that kiwijw is pulling with his 4500, I would suspect it was lack of knowledge on the part of the operator, or the settings used, that resulted in the gold not being found, rather than any shortcomings of the machine itself.

I am sure there is a Minelab PI user out there who would be skeptical of the results.

DMNZ  
Posted : Thursday, 7 August 2014 9:03:32 PM(UTC)
DMNZ

New Zealand

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Those guys are typically not interested. They price with strong margins. If you have a mate in the USA. ..or you can use youshop (a nz post service that gives you a usa address).
2014 (Rings Total Gold/Plat 101) 2015 (have not counted yet!)
sycotoad  
Posted : Saturday, 9 August 2014 7:29:23 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 97 post(s)
If you are wanting the detector for coins/jewelry/relics as well as gold, have you considered a Teknetics T2?

Also setup a youshop account and pay for your goods using Paypal - Its safer & cheaper than buying locally
Makro - Nokta - deteknix - GoldFinder
Moonlight Picker  
Posted : Monday, 22 September 2014 11:12:21 PM(UTC)
Moonlight Picker

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hay Hay ALL, MY NEW TOY has arrived from USA .. I'M going to pick it up on Saturday,, can't wait
I'm getting excited & to have a play with it, may head of to the beach for my first play,
then exit week go down to Queenstown for play I'm so excited can't wait.

Guardian  
Posted : Tuesday, 23 September 2014 12:03:56 AM(UTC)
Guardian

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Awesome Moonlight Picker.

Keen to see how you go!
Moonlight Picker  
Posted : Monday, 29 September 2014 10:34:48 PM(UTC)
Moonlight Picker

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi all so on Saturday pop up to chch & pick up my new toy ATX , So I pop over to woodend beach to have a play, man it's easy to use, turn it on, battery in the detector, good to go. so had a play for two or three hours and yes it's heavy, but I'm a man not a mouse MORE SPINAGE... man the detector goes deep on the stock coil ' A aluminium can 24" when I was dig it { I said shit how deep is it. but I was getting a good signal.so I keep digging and there it was a bl--d can 24" as deep as my shovel I'm impressed, also found a fine chain 8' down & yes bottle tops & more tops & I found $1.20 I'm rich!
So I'm wounding how deep will the deepseeker coil will go. a other day
So happy hunting
2 Pages<12