New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

24cart  
Posted : Wednesday, 17 December 2014 1:08:28 PM(UTC)
24cart

Groups: Registered
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I live in Tauranga and am off in a few weeks time on yet another top of the South Island Campervan GOLD hunting trip. I intend to start looking at creeks in the Howard valley area, then on to Murchison, Lyell, Reefton, Nelson Creek, and finally Moonlight Creek. I am taking an assortment of equipment that includes pans a box and my new Minelabs SDC 2300 Gold Metal Detector. Anyone interested in joining me would be more than welcome to come along, you will however need your own transport and gear. If the weather is good it will be a fantastic trip, have been to some of these locations before with good results, but did not have my detector back then so it will be interesting to see how it performs.
Below is a picture of some of the Gold I found during my previous visits, so I know its out there, it just needs finding...

Edited by user Saturday, 3 January 2015 4:45:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Greg  
Posted : Wednesday, 17 December 2014 10:45:49 PM(UTC)
Greg

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hey 24cart,

I love the moonlight creek- such a spread out river system. I went with a workmate a little while ago- Is your son Matt by any chance?

All the best for your trip!- I will be there early Jan:)
24cart  
Posted : Thursday, 18 December 2014 10:24:30 PM(UTC)
24cart

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Yes Greg my sons name is Matt...