New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

x-terra steve  
Posted : Sunday, 2 May 2010 4:48:21 PM(UTC)
x-terra steve

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Hi guys,,

I made a hands free view finder a few years ago while dredging.

In the short of it i used a plastic 10 liter paint bucket,cut the lid centre out leaving the rim.

I then replaced the removed plastic with clear perpexs that was screw and silconed in place.

The bottom of the bucket is removed and then I fixed an old arch welding helmet less the face sheild.

You now have a bucket with a clear bottom on your swead that can be lifted up and down just as a welding helmet does,

The setup allows you to work hands free while having a clear veiw at the bussiness end.

Cheers
Steve
gavin  
Posted : Sunday, 2 May 2010 9:32:04 PM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
I for one want to see a photo of this... bet it freaks out any trampers that might wander across you deep in the bush - I can only imagine! :P

Love the idea though ;)
x-terra steve  
Posted : Monday, 3 May 2010 11:01:09 AM(UTC)
x-terra steve

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Hi Gavin,

Yep it looks rather strange but works well if you are dredging the shallows ect.

I recound I have clocked up well over 150 hours with me head in one!!, hell I must be keen (or mad).

I haven't a photo of it but when I get back up to river I will post it for all to see.

Cheers Steve