New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

Golddigger7  
Posted : Monday, 2 March 2015 3:16:10 PM(UTC)
Golddigger7

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Groups: Registered
Man
Egypt

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Hey guys

Just saying we all miss your valuable inputs, I see from the statistics that your both still popping in, so dont be strangers, lifes to short for that.

GD7
number8wire  
Posted : Wednesday, 4 March 2015 10:46:52 PM(UTC)
number8wire

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 880 time(s) in 425 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Golddigger7 Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys

Just saying we all miss your valuable inputs, I see from the statistics that your both still popping in, so dont be strangers, lifes to short for that.

GD7

Here,here.....and I would like to add Tonznz to that list.........I miss your posts too my friend.
TEKNETICS T2 SE plus X-POINTER
Silver coins- 233
Other silver- 13
Gold- 1
Sovereigns-0
Spendies -$119.00
Guardian  
Posted : Thursday, 5 March 2015 11:16:22 AM(UTC)
Guardian

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Noooooo we don't want Tony back - Just makes all the rest of our finds look like rubbish *8^)

Top bloke.
Guardian  
Posted : Thursday, 5 March 2015 10:05:19 PM(UTC)
Guardian

Man
New Zealand

They have their reasons for being "watchers" can't use the term "lurker" for them. ~respect~

It's a forum, people can say what they like and what happens in privates messages who knows. Most of us can see through a bit of a ribbing and unfortunately sometimes things go to far. Most of us at some stage will peeve someone off, intentionally or not, words without tone are pretty easy to misinterpret and it's not always easy to see someone elses point of view. My wife makes me aware of this rather often *8^)

It goes in cycles, newbie becomes teacher, teacher moves on etc.

I am exceptionally lucky to know Lammerlaw and Tonznz. Two fellows that when ever you catch up with them the stories start flowing and before you know it it's time to leave, what seems like 10 minutes has been 3 hours. A true love for their interests & true inspiration - Even if their finds do temporarily bring out a little bit of a green eyed monster. *;^)

While I'm on a thank you type note. I'd also like to mention Shilo, since I started he has been a huge resource not only for his knowledge and the way he explained things but also for his cool temperament. Not only that but he gave people time because he truely wanted others to enjoy and get the most out of the hobby.

Some others that come to mind are Coinnut, Foiled Again & Number8wire not in the same way as the before mentioned but you guys for always showing enthusiasm and proving there is always more to find... Well done fellas.

Better end it there or I'll be here all night

Cheers guys for making the forum what it is!

Edited by user Friday, 6 March 2015 10:51:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Mixofmytoasties

sycotoad  
Posted : Friday, 6 March 2015 8:42:05 AM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 97 post(s)
"It's a forum, people can say what they like and what happens in privates messages who knows"

Thats the point isn't it? - Members who have an issue or problem with another member prefer to PM others as opposed to confronting the actual issue/problem/member themselves - Virtually all those members above mentioned have been a huge asset to this site however it appears to me that the gossip and back stabbing via PM's make anyone of us a target for those who lack a backbone -

I am sure as long as these few brave members conduct themselves in this manner, who in their right mind wants to leave themselves wide open to personal attacks, when a valued member passes on positive information? -

But hey, that's just my opinion & I am sure those that miss this post will be PM'd shortly - :))

By Crikey Guardian, it must cost you a fortune in Christmas cards lol -

Edited by user Friday, 6 March 2015 8:45:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Makro - Nokta - deteknix - GoldFinder
Guardian  
Posted : Friday, 6 March 2015 9:33:55 AM(UTC)
Guardian

Man
New Zealand

Nah... I just PM people *8^)

but the old shout box could have been easier!

Edited by user Friday, 6 March 2015 9:36:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sycotoad  
Posted : Friday, 6 March 2015 10:02:54 AM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: Guardian Go to Quoted Post
Nah... I just PM people *8^)

but the old shout box could have been easier!

PMSL - Unusual for you to offer to shout though Guardian

Edited by user Saturday, 7 March 2015 8:04:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

simon  
Posted : Saturday, 7 March 2015 8:44:15 AM(UTC)
simon

Man

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Lol. who is left now?

I really don't blame anyone.

Anything written here is wide open for all and sundry to read. Clearly the likes of JW and his achievements rattles some. i know his methods of operation might have peeved some but he finds the gold. sometimes thats what it takes. i guess someone got a little jealous. maybe they think the guy is finding too much. i know how much effort goes into that detecting and every bit found has had a lot of effort put into it.

I myself don't put much up anymore as i don't want to rattle any locals. bit of a tight knit bunch down this way. lots of good finds and gossip is just word of mouth between miners. great to share the info on gold as it all helps each other. but the trouble is we are a popular destination and everyone wants to come here, dig, and make a mess. and the claim holder is left with the mess and all the problems.

Golddigger7  
Posted : Saturday, 7 March 2015 11:01:57 AM(UTC)
Golddigger7

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
Egypt

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I think you hit the nail on the head there Simon, the central Otago locations didnt bother to many folks, but once posts were going out showing the locals hush hush locations, then I guess they got bit peeved off. Its not like JW posted the locations here, you still had to guess from local knowledge where they were, but he was given the full nine yards on that ozzie website. When I got my claim on the Arrow, it did raise a few eyebrows in Arrowtown, but at least I am from the area.
sycotoad  
Posted : Sunday, 8 March 2015 9:19:14 AM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: Guardian Go to Quoted Post

Cheers guys for making the forum what it is!

So they have made the forum what it is by NOT actively posting here ????

Ah, the power of the PM feature lol

Amazing -

As for these members you mentioned Lammerlaw and Tonznz.- I totally respect Lammerlaw as he stood firm
a couple of years ago while Tonznz and a few others slammed the crap out of a trademe trader because they were selling Chinese 'crap' as they put it -

Yet today many of you have traded in your shitty Garrett Pro Pointers for a deteknix X-Pointer which is far superior to the GPP and made in crappy old China -

I too miss the guys that contribute intelligently to the forums & NOT have an agenda of causing as much crap as they can behind the scenes & killing off peoples livelihoods -

Edited by user Sunday, 8 March 2015 10:26:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified