New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

ccam26  
Posted : Monday, 3 May 2010 7:43:32 AM(UTC)
ccam26

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
hows things im cam.
im currenly living in dunedin doing a geology coarse at uni, should be finished at the end of this year. i spend most of my holidays at home in roxburgh working somewhere in the central otago region.

im mainly interested in dredging and have built many failed attempts of a dredge, but just recently a 6" came up on trade me that i purchase that i may knock down to a 5" or 4" as the box is really a little small, but in saying that it seems to work reasonably well.

id like to get in contact with anyone who knows someone with a claim in the otago queenstown area to see if i could join them for a few missions to try and learn a wee bit more.

cam
auldrider  
Posted : Tuesday, 4 May 2010 4:53:47 PM(UTC)
auldrider

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello ccam26, I am new on this forum too, didn't notice this introduction section until you posted here!
I am a relative noob at prospecting, was always going to do it "some day" but work and family things got in the way.
Last year I turned seventy and realised that there were not going to be many "some day's" left, so I got cracking!
I have relative monopoly access (not a claim) to a prospect that I am working that has shown some encouraging signs but it has some geological mysteries that I would like some advice on!
As you are a geology student, the adage; "a friend in need is a friend in deed" springs to mind, maybe we could help each other!
If you are at all interested, I will give you my contact details. Cheers, John.

I try to learn from the mistakes of other's, I haven't got enough time left to make them all myself!
ccam26  
Posted : Sunday, 23 May 2010 9:34:43 AM(UTC)
ccam26

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
yeh gidday i'd be happy to come have a look. i maybe able to tell you whats going on or at lest possibly try to find out.
what area is it that your prospecting in?

cam
auldrider  
Posted : Sunday, 23 May 2010 5:15:43 PM(UTC)
auldrider

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thank you Cam, I have sent you an E-mail.Cheers, John.
I try to learn from the mistakes of other's, I haven't got enough time left to make them all myself!