New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

Aotea  
Posted : Saturday, 18 April 2015 6:57:06 PM(UTC)
Aotea

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Hi all,
Heres a claim I have just put on Trademe for a mate.
http://www.trademe.co.nz...isting.aspx?id=875580643

Its pretty interesting, found some good chunks just looking around lifting schist slabs...

To disclose, I have no financial involvement in this or any to gain, just helping out a cobber.
cheers
gavzilla  
Posted : Saturday, 18 April 2015 7:29:40 PM(UTC)
gavzilla

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 18 post(s)
30k seems an awful lot for a 49% share in a claim?

Are there any strict guidelines on when the partners can dredge? I take it it would need to be worked separately as its only consented for 1 5" dredge right?
Aotea  
Posted : Sunday, 19 April 2015 11:10:12 AM(UTC)
Aotea

New Zealand

Hi Gav,
Agreed 30k is a fair bit of cash.
Im just the donkey listing the claim, so have little input on that.
The ORC Certcom and DoC access will provide for two dredges up to 5inch to work at any time provided they are seperated by 500m.

From the weekend I spent up there, I was amazed by the pickers under the rocks. far better than my claim, so 30k may be easily recouped in the first summer.
cheers

Edited by user Sunday, 19 April 2015 11:12:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Aotea  
Posted : Tuesday, 28 April 2015 3:36:10 PM(UTC)
Aotea

New Zealand

Gav,
I have put your view its an expensive claim to my mate who is the permit holder. He said if someone wanted it in its entirety for 50k or between a couple of blokes of 50k, he would accept that...
pc5001  
Posted : Tuesday, 28 April 2015 8:28:39 PM(UTC)
pc5001

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 8 post(s)
somethings wrong...pay 30k only to be told where to mine on the permit? Whats to say the owner hasnt prospected the whole permit and is keeping the rich ground for himself...anyone buying into this deal would be mad. I see the current owner has only had the permit since march last year,has he done any mining ...I get the feeling he's a speculator out to make a quick 30k
Aotea  
Posted : Tuesday, 28 April 2015 8:59:15 PM(UTC)
Aotea

New Zealand

How about the buyer picks a bit of the tenement, being 250m say, and thats theirs exclusively, the permit holder has 250m of thiers thats exclusive and the rest is open however you want? what type of knob would buy into a project and be directed where to go?

Would you like him to spending a couple of hundred hours of time getting the project sorted in Conservation Estate, a lot of stress with a myriad of agencies throwing hurdles at him ie NZHPT, DoC, LINZ, an archaeologist, Otago Regional Council, River Status reports etc and give it away to you for a dozen beers?

Hardly a speculator, he (and hopefully I with him) will be mining there as well.

To be fair, im just the guy who prepared the paperwork for a mate, and hope to drink beer and dredge the claim in a Central summer with him for my efforts.

Edited by user Tuesday, 28 April 2015 9:54:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

goldfinger  
Posted : Wednesday, 6 May 2015 6:14:58 AM(UTC)
goldfinger

Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I think if all the legalities were put in place with government departments regarding part ownership it could work on paper.The possible part owner should be given time to dredge to determine its worthiness before making the final decision.At the end of the day Gold makes reasonable men unreasonable.

Edited by user Wednesday, 6 May 2015 6:35:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

simon  
Posted : Wednesday, 6 May 2015 9:47:36 AM(UTC)
simon

Man

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 150 post(s)
I've been reading these varying responses and don't think a lot of members realise the terrain up there on this claim. Its helicopter your gear in sort of stuff. As pointed out the track in has a very difficult rock slope by the dam. its a long way in but you couldn't expect your gear to not be interfered with eventually.
I'm sure there would be some awesome patches but the creek has been worked hard for a long time.

I think this would work perhaps for someone who can put in a decent chunk of time. i.e. can get away from their day job for at least several weeks a year.

My main concern is what the extra hassles are beyond the permit. i'm thinking special DOC requirements. Too many restrictions can make it hard to work at all sometimes. You don't want to spend all day photographing before and after shots of each rock you want to move, or be told you can't move rocks at all. or find you can't even run a dredge. and paying for a day walk for fish counts has got to be the best part.

At the end of the day if someone wanted a good spot to sit on and play in this could be them. i think a 30k commitment will take a lot of dredging to pay back. also theres the yearly expenses, plus you might have a year just to sink some test holes before finding much. Its a big area and moving the gear would be costly. Poaching would be tough to keep ahead of too.