New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

andyK  
Posted : Wednesday, 27 May 2015 12:07:50 PM(UTC)
andyK

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
have to say I was gutted yesterday to find out via the maps on here that my favorite haunts in Marlboroughs northbank are under permit for prospecting to a company called hawkswood resource a subsequent google search returned nothing of value but I assume the area being all historic gold fields that gold is what they will be seeking now I am a bit sus about venturing into those hills bugger it :( . my question being is -as they have a permit does that give them sole exclusive rights to prospect that ground? Can another company or individual seek a permit within that same area to prospect or mine? Cheers- Andy
trigger  
Posted : Wednesday, 27 May 2015 6:33:22 PM(UTC)
trigger

Man

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Hi mate I'm from the Marlborough region and have a claim which is currently In sale process. My opinion is go for gold mate . The owner of prospect permit won't be bothered as I know guys that have delt through him get in them hills and get your search on :)
Aotea  
Posted : Wednesday, 27 May 2015 8:34:17 PM(UTC)
Aotea

New Zealand

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Why not just ask them to surrender a few creeks for you? I have done it a number of times for myself and others. Most are forthcoming. Happy to help with a letter. You could take some guidance from one in this link: http://golddredgingforum...om/thread/634/glassearth

My field is the RMA, and NZ regulation. Happy to help out any hobby miner get what they are after..
andyK  
Posted : Wednesday, 27 May 2015 8:46:58 PM(UTC)
andyK

New Zealand

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
cheers for advice Aotea that is a great letter you had written there I will way up my options im sure I will be able to get in there an get my pan wet, if I strike a road block its good to know ive got friends on my side :)
trigger  
Posted : Wednesday, 27 May 2015 8:52:10 PM(UTC)
trigger

Man

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 21 post(s)
If you run into trouble msg me and can arrange for you to get that pan wet and scratching tool scratched