New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

Clarey  
Posted : Wednesday, 27 May 2015 8:52:27 PM(UTC)
Clarey

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

He'll all my fellow gold enthusiasts.
I am trying to place a claim on a peace of river in this lovely country of ours but I have a slight issue with getting premishion form a person who has aplyed for a prospecting perment in area. I have talked to petroleum and minerals and they have to me that I need to get it I writing from applicant of the proposed prospecting area. I have sent this person numerous emails and only had one in return that said that he is not obliged to help me in any way. Witch I can understand but there are Allready two claims in his proposed area.
Any help from any one out there would be greatly appreciated.
The Hatter  
Posted : Wednesday, 27 May 2015 9:05:37 PM(UTC)
The Hatter

New Zealand

Was thanked: 320 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Clarey

A prospecting license can cover a very large area, in fact many thousands of hectares. Any existing claims (Mining License) within that area are protected
to the holder of said license.

The short answer is, without his or hers permission, (The Applicant for the Prospecting License) you cannot apply for a new mining, or prospecting license in the area they have applied for
whether indeed their license is granted or not. The ground is locked. Until it is granted or declined.

Cheers Trev aka " The Hatter"
Clarey  
Posted : Wednesday, 27 May 2015 9:44:11 PM(UTC)
Clarey

New Zealand

Thanks very much Trev. I was hoping someone might know a way around it but it doesn't look possible.
Aotea  
Posted : Wednesday, 27 May 2015 10:52:44 PM(UTC)
Aotea

New Zealand

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Hi Clarey,
there is scope to convince them to give it to you. take a look at the thread below this one, or PM me, will be happy to help