New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

trigger  
Posted : Saturday, 13 June 2015 7:25:33 PM(UTC)
trigger

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 21 post(s)
So what's all this interest in gold? Detecting ? I'm starting to wonder shall I keep posting ?
Amanda  
Posted : Saturday, 13 June 2015 7:44:17 PM(UTC)
Amanda

New Zealand

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Keep posting, it's interesting. I didn't know such a forum /site existed its great
1864hatter  
Posted : Saturday, 13 June 2015 9:08:02 PM(UTC)
1864hatter

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 566 time(s) in 269 post(s)
I don't follow. Do you want more posts about detecting/gold? Or do you want more people to read your posts?
And now....On sandy beaches and muddy soil, rings and coins await my coil!
trigger  
Posted : Saturday, 13 June 2015 10:29:47 PM(UTC)
trigger

Man

How's this got anything to do with my post ?? I don't follow you, it's about the increase of guests

Edited by user Saturday, 13 June 2015 10:32:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1864hatter  
Posted : Saturday, 13 June 2015 11:00:06 PM(UTC)
1864hatter

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 566 time(s) in 269 post(s)
What is the difference between someone being signed in and browsing the forum and just viewing it as a "guest". I look at the forum on my ipad, phone, computer, work computer and occasionally the Mrs phone. Only on my own computer do I stay signed in. On the other devices I browse as a guest. I suspected many others are the same. Keep up your posts. I am interested in seeing what the go find can do.
And now....On sandy beaches and muddy soil, rings and coins await my coil!
Gold n Kiwi  
Posted : Saturday, 13 June 2015 11:00:29 PM(UTC)
Gold n Kiwi

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
You know its quite funny...on the forum page at the bottom it says the busiest the forum has been was in 2011 when there were 108 people on the forum at the same time. I was on a few months back and there was over 300 people in the forums, most of them guests and less than 10 members!! I guess you can blame the proliferation of gold documentaries and reality tv shows for the skyrocketing interest in the hobby and of course the internet which is the 'go to' for most after their interest is peaked by what they're watching.
I think its a good thing not a bad thing, after all does the recreational fisherman rue the person next to him or her who watched a fishing show on tv and decided the sport was something they wanted to get into? Gold panning/sluicing/detecting can be a family activity much like fishing and along the way there is all the history and the geology to learn too.
The forum pages help us share what we have learnt with others who have the same interest, whether they are logged in members or guests, and gives us all a chance to educate and to learn. If we can keep the scammers and the spammers out of the forums then lets get more people onboard with more tales to tell and advice to dispense I say.
And just quietly I think it won't be long before this website garners such a load of traffic as to make advertising on its pages a certainty.
Rob.
trigger  
Posted : Sunday, 14 June 2015 7:50:17 PM(UTC)
trigger

Man

Too true hatter. And that has to be the most interesting post iv read here gold n kiwi