New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

Balfour  
Posted : Friday, 14 May 2010 12:28:01 PM(UTC)
Balfour

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi JW (or anyone who can help:)

Can you explain how one attaches pics to a message - not as a file but actual pics the same as you do on some of your messages? I know I'm thick, must be the age, ha, ha.

Cheers JW,

Ian
kiwijw  
Posted : Saturday, 15 May 2010 11:44:02 AM(UTC)
kiwijw

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 324 post(s)
Gday Ian, I think I have mentiond on here somewhere what I do do put up pics. But I will give it another go.
I have always saved my pics to a site called Photobucket. It is a photo hosting site & it was how I was told years ago to save & put up pics on over seas forums & I have just stuck to the same old way & it seems to work every where. It is also a save haven for your pics & if your computer or hard drive has a major melt down or gets stolen then all your pics are save & sound on Photobucket. If you do a goggle search on Photobucket I am sure you will find all the info on there that you need. Like all things there is a bit of a learning curve but if I can work it out then any one can as there is no one as thick as me when it comes to computers. I still type with one finger on each hand after all these years. Good luck. Let me know how you get on. If it is too much of a mission let me know & I will try & take you through the steps.
I wont have my computer until the end of the week. I have been down in Queentown now for two weeks which is why I havnt been on here in the last couple of weeks. My wife is due here on thursday & she is bringing the computers with here.
Over the last couple of weekends I have found just on half an ounce detecting with the biggest bit 4.4 grams & the smallest 1/10th of a gram. Involved a LOT of walking. Hoping to go up the Arrow tomorrow with my little highbanker/banjo.
Hows your dredging been going? I didnt bother bringing my dredge down with me this time as I dont fancy that in the cold winter waters. Call me a pussy but it will make me focus more on detecting & I am finding it very rewarding & no where near as hard on the body as dredging.

Happy hunting

JW :)
Balfour  
Posted : Saturday, 15 May 2010 12:33:22 PM(UTC)
Balfour

Man

Hi John,

Great to hear from you and thanks for the tips on how to upload my pics to the message board - I have a couple to load so I'll give it a go and see what happens!

I am very envious of your detecting around Queenstown and wish I was with you, I'm sure I could learn a lot:) You seem to have done well with what you have got so far and I hope your efforts on the Arrow prove fruitful, let us know:)

I have made 2 underwater viewers - one with a 75mm magnifying glass bottom and a 100mm - they work really well. I am going to try and put a light at the base of the viewer so that it gives concentrated light on the river bottom and around crevices and cracks - will let you know how I get on.

Good hunting buddy and stay safe :)

Ian

gavin  
Posted : Monday, 17 May 2010 2:58:55 AM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
Hi Ian,

You can also attach photos directly to your messages...

When you use the "New Topic" or "Post Reply" buttons (but not when you use the "Show Quick Reply") there's actually a "Attach files to this post?" option underneath the big text box you add your message to. Tick this and when you then click "Post" you will be taken to another screen where you can add up to 5 photos.

Hope this helps? I've got to admit - it's not the most intuitive system.

Cheers,
Gavin
Balfour  
Posted : Monday, 17 May 2010 10:45:41 AM(UTC)
Balfour

Man

Hi Gavin,

Hey, many thanks buddy, I'm sure even I can navigate my way through those easy instructions - very much appreciated.

Whilst I'm chatting to you, just wanted to say a HUGE "Thank You" from me and all the other fossickers in Godzone, for establishing this fabulous site! It has already been a great success and I'm confident it will grow month by month. I really enjoy seeing all the new posts and topics and you have provided an networking facility that has been sadly lacking here. My hope would be that someday there will be a nationwide "get-together" for everyone contributing here and we can put a face to the name and exchange ideas and tips. I know the Aussies have many such gatherings, but we seem to be late starters, however, with the advent of your site, I'm sure it won't be long before we can have a Gold Fossickers Jamboree in little ol' NZ :) I would love to catch-up with the guys around Blenheim and Nelson as that is where I do most of my scratching around (Wakamarina mostly) - they sound like hard cases:).

Happy hunting and thanks again Gavin.

Cheers, Ian (Balfour)
x-terra steve  
Posted : Monday, 17 May 2010 12:59:06 PM(UTC)
x-terra steve

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Hi Ian,

Nation wide gathering sounds like a good idear,,maybe a little more feed back might come out of your posting.
Hard cases indeded we are at the top of the south !! ( im sure it helps in our quest).
Cheers Steve
Balfour  
Posted : Monday, 17 May 2010 2:31:29 PM(UTC)
Balfour

Man

Hi Steve,

Ha, ha ...... thanks for your comments - no offence intended, actually to me, "hard cases" is a term of enderment:) Would love to catch-up with you next time I'm heaqding for the Waka, will let you know.

Yep, I think the idea of a national get- together might gather momentum, we'll wait and see. We should suggest "the top of the South" and combine it with a couple of field days (maybe a detector demo by one of the detector companies?).

Good hunting buddy and take care out there!

Cheers, Ian (Balfour)
x-terra steve  
Posted : Monday, 17 May 2010 3:36:53 PM(UTC)
x-terra steve

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Hi Ian,

sounds like a plan,

Top of the South would work for me but I would be happy to meet any where for a yarn or too with fellow fossicking folk.
You know what they say down here,,,Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!!
Cheers Steve
gavin  
Posted : Monday, 17 May 2010 10:24:27 PM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
A get together sounds like an awesome idea - I'd be game too! :)

Maybe an idea for next summer? Will have to post something nearer the time and see who would be interested.
Balfour  
Posted : Tuesday, 18 May 2010 4:42:12 PM(UTC)
Balfour

Man

Hi Steve/Gavin,

Thanks for the comments. Yep Gavin, I suggest we do a post on the site around about September and see if we get enough interest in a "get - together". I would be a definite starter :)

Take care out there.

Cheers, Ian