New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

au4u  
Posted : Friday, 14 August 2015 12:00:03 AM(UTC)
au4u

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
[img]null[/img]Hi folks. I have sadly, got to sell all my gear))) had series of heart attacks over last 2 years so no more golding for me, Bummer!!!

So I have for sale, brand new 5" dredging box, 1200 mil long x 40 mil width, table is stainless!! Box sits inside and is ali and is removable. Mats, grills, riffles, and box, are all detachable for easy clean up. You can also remove the box, and sluice separately without the box for unmotorised work as well!! I also got made two new 5'' steel lobster back venturi nozzles to almost eliminate blockages!! 5 metres of 5'' suction hose blue-black concertina type heavy duty not the thin stuff and clamps, 30 METRES of good quality outlet hose 2" diam. ( the thicker blue one) and clamps. There are no floats, ( hadnt got them made before my heart gave up!!) so you can have the pleasure of designing your own!! Got a pan and a box to wash up in as well.

There's a brand new semi dri xxL 5 mil full wet suit with another 7 mil full sleeve wetsuit jacket with hood to go over the top. Also a 3 mil short sleeve with hood for extra warmth if you need it.
Iv'e got brand new diving gloves, booties and high quality mask, as well as a new weight belt with around 30 35 kg of lead in it.
( was planning to add air compressor ,regulator and hot water for underwater

set up was for working in south island both in and out of the water, so dredge was specifically designed so that it could do both. The rig was made by a sheetmetal place here in auckland they did a really good job of it i think, and has only been tested once by me. The whole thing works brilliantly, with the black sand sinking in the middle of the box eg about a foot from the back of the box everything is clip on clip off really easy to use. I used a 6.5 hp briggs and stratton motor and pump on it. great flow through the box and the riffles worked just as they should.

There is no motor with this rig, someone earlier wanted the pump and inlet, so sold those off. It runs a 2" inlet by the way. The venturis i got made xtra long, so you dont have to spend hours breakin your back!! You can actually stand up with these!! The whole setup cost me around 5000 dollars but of course the motor and inlet arent there now, and they were 1150 so lets see, thats 3850, new, so any thing under that i will look at.

so there you go, that's the lot i think, i cant think of anything else... oh yeah, the mesh on the table, i used stainless so it doesnt wear out fast, and it protects the riffles underneath really well too. This rig is not a flimsy lightweight thing. i designed it to last, and do the hard yards. So whoever buys it, is going to get some good gear!! So please offer me a fair price, fair enough??

was so looking forward to getting back to it this season, but unfortunately it doesn't look as though i will be able to again. like i say, all this equipment is brand new, never actually used, only tested, so it has years of use in it.. cheers Dave au4u . ph. 02102922115.
[img]null[/img]Gold Dredge Equipmentwork next season)

Edited by user Sunday, 8 November 2015 8:08:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Golddigger7  
Posted : Friday, 14 August 2015 3:18:22 PM(UTC)
Golddigger7

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
Egypt

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Hey Dave

Any chance you could put some pictures up here, so we can see your good gear.

GD7
au4u  
Posted : Friday, 14 August 2015 6:59:00 PM(UTC)
au4u

New Zealand

hi golddigger 7 yep I can do that, will have to wait though till i buy a cable that fits my old nokia ph so that i can dowload them to this site. Can you give me info on how to go about putting photos on here havnt done it before??? anyway if i can figure out how to do it should be ready by next friday sometime ok???
au4u  
Posted : Friday, 21 August 2015 6:29:45 PM(UTC)
au4u

New Zealand

hi everyone, afraid i cant put the pics up yet like i said i was going to, reason is that the new windows 10 doesnt recognise my old nokia ph!! so the pics wont load on to the computer. so will have to arrange either to get a new ph, or borrow a digital camera and cord. might take a few days or so, but ill get them up eventually, one way or the other!! cheers thanks for your patience, Au4u.
au4u  
Posted : Friday, 21 August 2015 6:32:42 PM(UTC)
au4u

New Zealand

anybody heard about some gold being found up north in a place called Kaio?? Rumor has it a company is prospecting up there at the moment?? Its north of Whangarei and just south of Mangonui. Au4u.

Edited by user Saturday, 22 August 2015 10:59:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

creamer  
Posted : Sunday, 23 August 2015 1:06:06 PM(UTC)
creamer

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 525 time(s) in 391 post(s)
Hi there Au4u. There definately is GOLD in that area and all the way up north and the idea of mining it has rattled the locals somewhat. Basically because it involves hard rock mining which knowone there wants. Its evident as you drive through the township with big signs painted on rock faces along the road "NO MINING" .
Serveys were carried out last year on that area and the whole of the far north which further rattled everyone. As far as im aware there is no mining going on in that area you mentioned.
The urge to head there with box and pan is overwhelming but im allergic to being shot at.

HGH

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
au4u  
Posted : Sunday, 23 August 2015 2:14:03 PM(UTC)
au4u

New Zealand

oh thats a shame no one wants a bullet in the back !!! lol was it looked at historically do you know, or is that rarist of treasures virgin ground??? Au4u.
creamer  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 August 2015 9:31:50 AM(UTC)
creamer

Man

Was thanked: 525 time(s) in 391 post(s)
No mining has taken place in the far north before to my knowledge. PuhiPuhi was mined years ago but not for GOLD and there is some mine tunnels around the Russell area in which not much was extracted, they were possibly just exploritory mines.

HH

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
Mudwiggle  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 August 2015 10:03:55 AM(UTC)
Mudwiggle

Groups: Registered, Moderators
New Zealand

Was thanked: 683 time(s) in 317 post(s)
Old gold drives at Pokaka, Kensington and a few other scattered exploratory drives are around, Karetu etc
Only drives in the Kaeo area are on Maungamiemie, which were for copper at the turn of the century. Bell (1903) did a decent report on these for Geo Survey.
Pretty much the whole of Northland south of Kaitaia is under one prospecting permit or another. I know Vulcan(?) mines were actively looking back in the early 1990's I think it was, but sure they were after Hg. There are gold licences active for Te Mata, Puketona and back of Tauranga Bay, whether these are still prospecting or if they have been taken further, I don't know. Someone who knows where to look in the Govmint websites can probably confirm.
I think Puhi is the only currently economically viable deposit at this stage.

I have tested various stream sediments from around the district from Whangarei up, just out of personal curiosity and there are some which are gold bearing. Don't get too excited, we're talking trace levels but I wasn't concentrating at all, just screening to <.2mm and analysing the raw sediment.
These were all sampled where they passed under SH1/10 so easy to get to for a quick rummage with a pan if you were serious I suppose.

MW
au4u  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 August 2015 3:55:00 PM(UTC)
au4u

New Zealand

thanks for the info guys that's interesting, its just that i was up that way a couple years ago before my latest heart problems, and there was an electricity co trying to put a high transmission line in, which would run through the kaeo area, all the way up to kaitaia, it was very high power, with huge towers but what they weren't telling anybody was, that they were also putting cable under the line in the ground as well. my question is, what do they need all that power for??? there's nothing up there?? unless a large offshore mining company has done a back door deal that no one knows about??? Au4u.
Mudwiggle  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 August 2015 6:35:54 PM(UTC)
Mudwiggle

New Zealand

The underground cable was Fibre
The new poles (twin HV lines) went out to the clayworks out the back of Kaeo.
au4u  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 August 2015 6:39:54 PM(UTC)
au4u

New Zealand

hi what clayworks are those is this for pottery??? or bricks?? Au4u.
Mudwiggle  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 August 2015 6:46:11 PM(UTC)
Mudwiggle

New Zealand

Black Country Albert  
Posted : Monday, 7 September 2015 11:47:28 PM(UTC)
Black Country Albert

New Zealand

I'd certainly be interested. Photos would be great. Thanks for your post.

;0)
au4u  
Posted : Monday, 2 November 2015 7:26:30 PM(UTC)
au4u

New Zealand

Hi

Long time but now have a link to the photos that have been requested thanks for your patience.

[img]null[/img]Gold Dredge Equipmentwork next season)

Dave