New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

DIGGERJOHN1  
Posted : Monday, 17 August 2015 3:22:42 PM(UTC)
DIGGERJOHN1

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello Everyone,

I'am new to detecting and just brought the fisher f44 and would like to meet up with someone for a hunt so I can speed up my learning.

I have read the manual but nothing really works as well as advice from other users and practice.

please pm or reply if anyone is interested I am located just outside Cambridge but am hallways have to explore further away.

regards,
Diggerjohn
sycotoad  
Posted : Tuesday, 18 August 2015 5:09:50 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 97 post(s)
Fantastic choice on your metal detector - I am sure it will give you hours of fun -

Please keep us posted on how it performs and your finds - ;)

Makro - Nokta - deteknix - GoldFinder
c4bb0ose  
Posted : Tuesday, 18 August 2015 6:07:10 PM(UTC)
c4bb0ose

Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Your best bet is to try in your back yard, cambridge has some old places so I guarantee you will have some success. I would call up the council and check to see if they have a problem or not, there is nothing more discouraging than having a park ranger threaten to video you and try get a conviction.

I am located in Hamilton if you want to meet up some time, I have not asked about detecting at local parks here so I cannot offer anything in that regard.
sycotoad  
Posted : Wednesday, 19 August 2015 10:41:19 AM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 97 post(s)
Park Ranger video lol - get him to post you finds on youtube lol -

Seriously its in your best interest to video them videoing you as it will help you with a harrasment complaint -

The NZ Police will tell you that there is no law against metal detecting public parks or reserves, however if you cause damage you can be arrested and of course use common sense - dont go on clubs hunts and dig up the middle of a sportsfield unless you are assisting the club -

Councils especially down this way have an uncanny knack of over-stepping their authority & have been told by the police to pull their heads in, so please, if you are able to, take a camera on your hunts to at least, safeguard yourself. Finally, dont let them bully you out of the hobby

No other group in this country volunteers their free time to work the many many hours removing dangerous rubbish from our Parks, Reserves, Beaches, Waterways etc etc so until councils around NZ address this, you are free to pick up where they wont -

Most of all - enjoy yourself
Makro - Nokta - deteknix - GoldFinder
GoldPandemic  
Posted : Friday, 4 September 2015 3:12:03 PM(UTC)
GoldPandemic

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 102 post(s)
I'm headed over to coromandel soon. I plan to go around the beaches.
But I'd be interested in going to Rotorua also, if you're keen. Apparently there was gold found between Taupo & Rotorua.

Gold is my main focus.
Treasure/coins: $1
Other artifacts: 1888 button
Lead: 914g
Copper: 46