New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

TheEquineFencer  
Posted : Thursday, 3 September 2015 11:21:20 AM(UTC)
TheEquineFencer

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
After thinking about prospecting gold here the Eastern United States, I finally got a chance to try it. I met another guy that was originally for Arizona in another forum. After chatting via the internet then in person wet met and went to some property a lady I used to Fox Hunt with has in the Eastern,NC slate belt. Doug had been in the same creek before and didn't find anything, but I thought it would be a good start for him to meet her as she owns other property in the area. I'd picked the creek down stream of where he'd been near another stream. It was about 1 mile from an old mine I'd found on the USGS website. Doug showed me how to work a gold pan and the first pan I had gold! He was surprised. We went back a couple of weeks later with his 2-1/2 inch Keene high banker/Dredge combo and I figured out fast I wanted a dredge.

Then I started doing a LOT of research into dredge nozzles and came up with the idea of this one.
I'm open to comments or suggestions about it. So far the only downside I've seen with it, is you have to feed it fairly clean water or it will stop up the jet as it kind of a small opening, other than that, from what Doug said when we tested it the other week, it really sucks!

What do the infinity jet nozzles you guys build look like? Link to some pictures?

Below is a link to the nozzle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwDb8BWZ86w

Edited by user Thursday, 3 September 2015 11:31:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TheEquineFencer attached the following image(s):
20150809_102042 resized.jpg
20150809_102107 resized.jpg