New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

ATX  
Posted : Wednesday, 23 September 2015 4:52:35 PM(UTC)
ATX

Groups: Registered

I'm new to this gold metal detecting hobby and would like to team up with someone to share Australian accommodation and transport costs.
Only have to purchase an online gold fossicking licence for Queensland and download local government maps of permitted areas to explore.
Using GPS function of a smart phone we can pinpoint our search locations. Looking at a minimum of two weeks up to a couple of months. I'm available to travel anytime from 19th November 2015 to 17 January 2016. Happy to work in with your time schedule. From all the research I've done on detectors I'm purchasing a Garrett ATX and will train myself on using it correctly from following an intensive video course supplied by the manufacturers. I'll also go on a number of field trips in N.Z. before the trip.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
bedrock  
Posted : Thursday, 24 September 2015 6:31:32 PM(UTC)
bedrock

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
G'Day ATX , Should be nice and warm over there around that time of the year.........Have done a few trips over to OZ in the last few years and can highly recommend it , Awesome camping to be had in the outback and still a bit of gold about for those who ( walk over it......oh and hear it) !!!!
Good luck with your mission ,heading to far north queensland myself next year but not till may ,should be a bit cooler 26-30 degrees.
Interesting your've gone with the garret ATX !! The Minelabs seem to be the main weapon of choice over there.
Cheers and good luck
Garry
GoldPandemic  
Posted : Sunday, 27 September 2015 6:50:40 AM(UTC)
GoldPandemic

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 102 post(s)
http://www.gold-net.com.au/maps1.html
If you click on the states, seems as if Queensland is not quite as good as Victoria, NSW.

And if you read how much gold has been extracted: Western 1100 tons, Tasmania 60, Queens 600, NSW 400, Victoria 2000!!

I know Victoria has been done to death.
It'd be a bit cooler in the south.

Am keen to go though.
Treasure/coins: $1
Other artifacts: 1888 button
Lead: 914g
Copper: 46