New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

wayco  
Posted : Tuesday, 20 October 2015 1:11:56 AM(UTC)
wayco

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi new on site but have followed you guys for a while. I remember reading one of the old posts about someone offering to format and do paperwork for claims. Seemed to think it was a piece of cake, so anyone know if such a person still exists. It is way beyond my skillset and I will need plenty of help.
Cheers
gingerbreadman  
Posted : Tuesday, 20 October 2015 12:00:58 PM(UTC)
gingerbreadman

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 74 post(s)
If no one puts there hand up give Vivienne Bull a ring she,s based in Auckland good to deal with usually has it lodged within a few days.
wayco  
Posted : Tuesday, 20 October 2015 3:36:07 PM(UTC)
wayco

New Zealand

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks for that I will try to find her , Anyone know of a beach claim already set up for sale. Was also wondering if anyone has an actual assay done of beach sands say , south of Westport?.
helidredger  
Posted : Sunday, 25 October 2015 10:51:53 AM(UTC)
helidredger

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Woman

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Assays south of westport are approx on average 3 to 7 grains per cubic meter, an some times surface sand layers 1 inch thick black sand layers in the winter after a strong easterly wind can be 10 times that amount but on average I have had to process 80 to 100 cubic meters of black sand to get a ounce of gold south of the buller river an at karamea, buller river north to waimangaroa can be up to half a ounce per meter in thin layers,
helidredger  
Posted : Sunday, 25 October 2015 4:07:43 PM(UTC)
helidredger

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Woman

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Also you are best to contact one of our guys on here trev alty, forum name on here is the hatter, he would have the most knowledge about black sand mining in the buller, good luck scott