New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

GoodasGold  
Posted : Thursday, 10 December 2015 9:45:38 PM(UTC)
GoodasGold

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Hi there people, im very fresh in sluicing and panning and am looking for others to do some fossicking in the west coast or nelson regions. Weather your new to the scene or experienced im keen to learn some experience and have a good time. I have a basic panning setup and keene a51 sluice box and plenty of camping equipment. Hear from you soon!
nafcd  
Posted : Thursday, 10 December 2015 10:58:49 PM(UTC)
nafcd

New Zealand

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 34 post(s)
go to Goldsborough over the xmas break. it will be loaded with campers and fossickers. there will be plenty of help offers im sure. most people are pretty helpful. that's where I got my first tips. but don't expect to get rich
GoodasGold  
Posted : Friday, 11 December 2015 6:56:26 AM(UTC)
GoodasGold

New Zealand

Cheers mate. Yea i went there last year and was pretty good. Going to moonlight creek and slab hut creek over the xmas break. To get to new creek would i need a 4x4?
Cleggie  
Posted : Friday, 11 December 2015 4:49:38 PM(UTC)
Cleggie

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hi Goodasgold,

Welcome to the forum, the Keen a51 is a good sluice and should catch good gold if you are in the right place. I like Goldsborough as it is easy to get to and easy to work, the down side is the gold is fine and there is not much of it compared to the gravel you need to shift to find it. As for New creek fossicking area I would recommend a 4wd to get there as the track is rough in places. There can be water issues if there is a long dry spell as there is not a lot of water to begin with, but there is good gold. I prefer Louis creek, it requires hard work to get to the gold but it is nice flake. I will be up there over the Xmas break. The link is me at Louis creek in March this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqVY1uXgByk

Cheers Ken.