New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

Amo33  
Posted : Sunday, 29 May 2016 4:39:22 PM(UTC)
Amo33

Groups: Registered
France

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi everybody !

I'm French and 27 years old. I'm in New Zealand since one week, and I will stay here for one year with my WHV visa.

I'm passionate about detection for 4 years ago. In France, I detected with my DEUS XP detector (a verry good machine !) but I didn't keep it with me for my travel with the plane... So I would like to buy a other metal detector here, a Minelab Sovereign I think, but I don't find shop for this in New-Zealand... Do you know where it's possible for me to buy it ? (I'm in Auckland for the moment).
I want to detect especially on the beach and in the forest or field.

In France, the legislation about detection is very strict (...). Well I'm thinking about the law in New-Zealand about this activity. Have you some advices about this for me ? Thank you !

I'm impatient to detect in this country in the middle of those beautiful countrysides :D

Cheers !

1864hatter  
Posted : Sunday, 29 May 2016 7:06:18 PM(UTC)
1864hatter

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 566 time(s) in 269 post(s)
Detectnz in Auckland can help you out with a sovereign. http://www.detectnz.co.nz/. You can detect most places if you have landowner permission.
And now....On sandy beaches and muddy soil, rings and coins await my coil!
Mudwiggle  
Posted : Sunday, 29 May 2016 8:36:07 PM(UTC)
Mudwiggle

Groups: Registered, Moderators
New Zealand

Was thanked: 683 time(s) in 317 post(s)
Welcome to NZ... and only 170-odd years of metal history! Anything pre-1900 is doing well.

You do need to be aware that not all parks etc are available for detecting. With such a short colonial history, many areas are off-limits as being historic reserves.
You can check any intended hunting sites here: http://www.heritage.org.nz/the-list.

Most public beaches are okay, and pretty much any bush (taking the above list into consideration)

Fill the holes, and I hope you strike Gold :)

MW
HistorySeeker  
Posted : Saturday, 20 August 2016 7:23:27 PM(UTC)
HistorySeeker

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Detectnz also has a facebook page to connect you with some of the detecting neighbourhood.
Cheers, Ian
CTX 3030, Deteknix Wader Pointer
Gold rings: 6
Silver:4