New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

Darren  
Posted : Sunday, 14 August 2016 5:07:47 PM(UTC)
Darren

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 19 post(s)
They have just started advertising this on Sky TV, looks set to launch shortly (I will update this post when I get a time and date)

Join the hard-core gold prospectors of Outback Australia as they battle to strike it rich in gruelling conditions, extreme weather, and competitive pressure during the Gold Season. Follow the highs and lows of three gold crews over 8 episodes to see who will come out on top with the biggest finds.

http://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/the-screen-guide/t/aussie-gold-hunters-2016/34231/

http://www.mcn.com.au/news/aussie-gold-hunters-launching-on-discovery-channel
gavin  
Posted : Sunday, 14 August 2016 5:55:11 PM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
I've been enjoying the north american focused shows, will be good to see something a bit closer to home. Looking forward to watching it.

I wonder if it'll cause a mini gold rush in Oz.
simon  
Posted : Sunday, 14 August 2016 9:54:53 PM(UTC)
simon

Man

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 150 post(s)
First 2 episodes of Aussie Gold Hunters already screened and available online. Seems ok.

End of month Bering Sea Gold the winter edition is airing in the U.S. Aug 28th i think it was.
nafcd  
Posted : Sunday, 14 August 2016 10:56:50 PM(UTC)
nafcd

New Zealand

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 34 post(s)
knowing discovery it will be the same old formula. made up dramas and breakdowns every episode. still be watching it though. lol
creamer  
Posted : Monday, 15 August 2016 11:01:47 AM(UTC)
creamer

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 525 time(s) in 391 post(s)
You forgot to mention the Snakes, Spiders and Locals..
I'll be watching.

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
GoldPandemic  
Posted : Monday, 15 August 2016 11:19:06 AM(UTC)
GoldPandemic

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gavin Go to Quoted Post
I've been enjoying the north american focused shows, will be good to see something a bit closer to home. Looking forward to watching it.

I wonder if it'll cause a mini gold rush in Oz.

I thought it would be a good idea to make a documentary on the gold in the south island, after seeing a few of the NZ historical documentaries you found.
Then I remembered hearing that Alaska was flooded by fortune seekers after the Bearing Gold reality series.
The last thing we need is a crap load of freedom-prospecters running amok - imagine if there were 100+ people at every fossick site every day.
Treasure/coins: $1
Other artifacts: 1888 button
Lead: 914g
Copper: 46
The Hatter  
Posted : Monday, 15 August 2016 12:00:11 PM(UTC)
The Hatter

New Zealand

Was thanked: 320 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Will probably go something like this, I should imagine.

Geeez mate, look at the size of that nugget, bigger than a randy Kanga's left ball. Naaaaa mate, I reckon that is bigger than me Missus left tit. Geeez mate, you could be right there. Bloody hell mate, you been friggin with me Missus, lucky you, I ain't been there for years. Frig lets have a Fosters on that, . What we gunna call this bewtie eh, Can't call it. " Your Missus Left Tit" or a Kanga's Left Ball" we need to come up with a name. It kinda looks like a bum, its even got a cleavage. Yea mate just like your Missus one. Lets call it. The Golden Buttock" the yank buyers will love that one, yeh mate that's a bewtie name alrite. After all us Aussie are always full of shit. Yeah, your rite mate. Naaaaaa I aint really seen your Missus left tit, I was just giving you a bit of sheeeeet.

Cheers Trev aka 'The Hatter"
simon  
Posted : Monday, 15 August 2016 10:30:27 PM(UTC)
simon

Man

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 150 post(s)
GoldPandemic,

I'd say there probably will be a nz version sometime soon. I was approached at the end of summer by someone trying to put together a short trial segment to put forward to some channel in the hope of securing funding, think they had already done something similar but in another field before.
personally wasn't keen as i know others round here would not be happy to encourage droves of treasure seekers run amok all over the region. also it was end of summer so not the best timing, plus don't want to give away my spots haha. in this case they said they wouldn't disclose them but it's not hard for locals to figure it out eventually. reckon someone would've gone for it, maybe get some tv fame. will wait and see. the coast is prob the place to do it, follow some on the beach leads, some strip mining and dredging. round here its all dredging mostly.