New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

2 Pages12>
mineforgold.co.nz  
Posted : Saturday, 11 February 2012 11:21:52 AM(UTC)
mineforgold.co.nz

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Hi guys,

I have a proposition for those of you with metal detectors looking for extra pocket money.
I have put up a page on my website advertising detectors for hire and are starting to get some requests.

At the moment I have a request in the North Shore - anyone interested in helping a damsel in distress?
Own: Lobo SuperTraq, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Excalibur
chrischch  
Posted : Saturday, 11 February 2012 12:03:56 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 104 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mineforgold.co.nz Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys,

I have a proposition for those of you with metal detectors looking for extra pocket money.
I have put up a page on my website advertising detectors for hire and are starting to get some requests.

At the moment I have a request in the North Shore - anyone interested in helping a damsel in distress?

I was thinking exactly the same thing. I get sooo many people saying they wish they had one especially near the holiday beaches etc
I have an ad up at local shops offering detector service but no replies so far. I have a cheap one that will find anything and everything with no target id and the fisher f2. Let me know if you get someone down here if you like.
Fisher Goldbug Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Propointer.
Shezem  
Posted : Saturday, 11 February 2012 12:52:42 PM(UTC)
Shezem

That's me!!! Thanks for helping us out... I have left my number if you find anything :D on the hunt for a lost wedding ring :(
mineforgold.co.nz  
Posted : Saturday, 11 February 2012 1:01:38 PM(UTC)
mineforgold.co.nz

Man

Oh .. Hi there Shezem.
Hopefully we can get you sorted out.

The page on my website is treasure hunters for hire
And I was wondering the best way to go about it.
If you would like your contact details listed as a treasure hunter, or if I would just keep a list and forward any requests - what are your suggestions?
At this stage I would offer this a free service for hunters and let you organize your own renumeration - if you wanted to make a donation toward my expenses I'd let you :)

At this stage the page is ranking pretty well for various related search terms.

Edited by user Saturday, 11 February 2012 1:02:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

chrischch  
Posted : Saturday, 11 February 2012 1:32:00 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Originally Posted by: mineforgold.co.nz Go to Quoted Post
Oh .. Hi there Shezem.
Hopefully we can get you sorted out.

The page on my website is treasure hunters for hire
And I was wondering the best way to go about it.
If you would like your contact details listed as a treasure hunter, or if I would just keep a list and forward any requests - what are your suggestions?
At this stage I would offer this a free service for hunters and let you organize your own renumeration - if you wanted to make a donation toward my expenses I'd let you :)

At this stage the page is ranking pretty well for various related search terms.

I would be happy for you to keep my name on a list and forward it to any requests I guess. And would be happy to pay a percentage for any renumeration I receive. Just p.m. me for the details when/if you want them.
Thank you.
Chris.
mineforgold.co.nz  
Posted : Saturday, 11 February 2012 10:17:05 PM(UTC)
mineforgold.co.nz

Man

Thanks Chris, will get back to you soon for your contact details when I get organized.
rgmcbrid  
Posted : Sunday, 12 February 2012 8:40:44 AM(UTC)
rgmcbrid

Man

Was thanked: 180 time(s) in 140 post(s)
hi mindforgold...looks like your setting up a page similar to my one http://theringfinders.co...ng-christchurch-zealand/

it is always good to be able to help people...i also havnt had any calls yet but havnt done any advertising yet except for my webpage...i have to get more ink for my printer so i can make my placecards..lol..keep up the good work.

And this is nzpoohbear using rgmcbrids computer...lmao...dont want you thinking it's robert posting

Edited by user Sunday, 12 February 2012 8:42:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

simon  
Posted : Sunday, 12 February 2012 11:09:45 AM(UTC)
simon

Man

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 150 post(s)
what an interesting concept. i guess some people are very trusting.

my detector is like my cameras (i'm a professional photographer).

i hate letting anyone even touch them as you don't know what settings get altered and not changed back, you don't know who's dropped it to frazzle the circuitry, etc etc.

i guess some of you must use your detectors only occasionally. i don't know where i'd be if it was a great sunny day and i had the urge to head out and not have my machine at hand.

also, the good detectors are expensive and complicated machines. i'm guessing a person's details such as drivers license etc would be obtained and a bond taken? whose insurance covers the detector as i'm sure it says somewhere that a person's own insurance does not cover the renting out of your property?

for those of you that simply are looking for coins on public reserves i think little could go wrong but for all of us gold searchers the terrain we go into is not in the least a great place to be in the care of someone else's precious machine. i think i would be constantly fretting i was going to drown it or drop it over a cliff.

the good high end detectors take a lot to get your head around too. you would really have to be familiar with these to have much luck. i'm still learning stuff with my gold bug 2 and i've had it for years. luckily i know someone that has a gb2 (and also a minelab 4500) who knows a lot more than me and can teach me further.

maybe that could be a though. detector classes.

good luck
mineforgold.co.nz  
Posted : Sunday, 12 February 2012 6:47:47 PM(UTC)
mineforgold.co.nz

Man

Hi PB. After looking at the ringfinders I decided we could do it without having to pay them - their site also doesn't appear to rank very well in NZ.
But no harm in having more than one option out there. I am happy to put you on the list for any requests that come through if you like.

Simon - I am not advocating hiring out the detector without an operator. You are welcome to make your own arrangements to do so, but the purpose of the webpage is to offer metal detecting services.

kiwisouth  
Posted : Sunday, 12 February 2012 9:35:59 PM(UTC)
kiwisouth

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Hi

Wouldn't mind getting my name out there, for the right reasons I might add. Have you looked at Google Ads for your website? We have them on the Paydirt site and I'm always clicking on them. Every little bit helps.

Dave
Nulli Illigitimi Carborundum
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Sunday, 12 February 2012 11:23:45 PM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 329 post(s)
you are right mineforgold..at the moment there are only 4 of us here in NZ that are on the ringfinder site...but how many people actually know about the site from NZ other than what has been said on here..lol..and yes more options is allways good.

if you wish to add my name to your list that would be fine with me every bit of extra pocket money helps....but ringfinders isnt that much to join and they give you plenty of help..and send you all the things you need such as the template for the place cards to put up on posts at beaches and what not, so you dont have to try and design your own..you just have to put your contact details on it and print away..
Chris - Fisher Dealer http://www.puiakisupply.co.nz/
mineforgold.co.nz  
Posted : Monday, 13 February 2012 10:13:19 PM(UTC)
mineforgold.co.nz

Man

Thanks Dave.
I have a couple of adword ads on the site, but I'd rather people buy from me than my competitors advertising on google :)

True PB. If you are wanting to make a business of it then it would probably be a good thing to join ringfinders as you say. But for those that just want the possibility of some pocket money for doing what you are doing anyway, then I'll happily send you any leads I get in your area. It is all good promotion for my site if I can help people out.
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Monday, 13 February 2012 10:36:14 PM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Man
New Zealand

i joined ringfinders long ago,but dont treat it like a buisness..lol..i havnt even had one call yet and as i say im not promting it alot other than what people can find online when they type in certain words in google.......yup for sure add my name....oh it is Chris by the way..hahaha...also goodluck with your website.
pacifictreasurehunt  
Posted : Monday, 20 February 2012 5:16:48 PM(UTC)
pacifictreasurehunt

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I used to be on ringfinders as well, but had some issues with some dudes wanting me to find some buried cash while one of their brothers was in prison.. Was an odd experience and I had to pull the plug before it got too nasty.

DrunkBrother  
Posted : Monday, 20 February 2012 5:34:10 PM(UTC)
DrunkBrother

Groups: Registered, Moderators
Man

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Hi mineforgold.co.nz,

I would like to be added to the Directory. and you are right- why we should pay money to someone in states for directory ?!
Brett is on there for Auckland anyway.

so i will be happy to be contacted for auckland area
*2014*Rings PlT/PD=0 GOLD=30 STG=53 Junk=46
mineforgold.co.nz  
Posted : Thursday, 23 February 2012 9:54:41 PM(UTC)
mineforgold.co.nz

Man

I have added those who requested to be included for contact should I get inquiries from your area. At this stage I will probably make contact via the forum or email for those that passed on their email.

On another note, this is an interesting story of a lost ring recovered
http://nz.news.yahoo.com...omach-after-three-years/
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Thursday, 23 February 2012 10:37:26 PM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Man
New Zealand

hi mineforgold...i have looked at your site but cant find any of our names on there......so how does it work..do ppl contact you using the contact us button then you contact us...? or is there a way for them to contact us directly if they are in our area?
chrischch  
Posted : Thursday, 23 February 2012 11:25:43 PM(UTC)
chrischch

He passes our name and number on when a request is made......I guess its better that way as then the idiots can be filtered out and you dont get all and sundry ringing and texting you with spam etc etc.
mineforgold.co.nz  
Posted : Thursday, 23 February 2012 11:26:48 PM(UTC)
mineforgold.co.nz

Man

Hi PB. At the moment I will just pass on any inquiries in your area - unless you all want to have your contact details listed.
Another possibility would be to put together a downloadable directory. That way I could let everyone design their own advert.
Open to ideas and suggestions.
Maverick  
Posted : Sunday, 26 February 2012 6:47:43 PM(UTC)
Maverick

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I recently lent one of my old machines to a friend, he saw it in the van and asked if his mate could
use it as he needed to find a power bar (something off the tractor i gather) he lost while making hay.
He needed a easy way to find it other than busting open a field of bales and redoing them.
He found it, but it wasn't straight anymore. lol!

maybe i should have hired it to him?
2 Pages12>