New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

4 Pages<1234>
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Monday, 24 December 2012 6:26:23 PM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Groups: Registered
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 329 post(s)
hummmm you say his website is down but when i click on the link above it takes me to his link and i can search through it..or is that not his site?

http://www.alibaba.com/p...r_underground_metal.html < --- isnt that his website?
Chris - Fisher Dealer http://www.puiakisupply.co.nz/
mossop  
Posted : Monday, 24 December 2012 6:47:59 PM(UTC)
mossop

New Zealand

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
no, that is a site the Chinese they use to sell their products, or more commonly refereed to as shit

this is his site, well used to be, he had keene dredges as well, just going to presume they are fake too
http://nzgoldminingsupplies.co.nz/
digger  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 December 2012 12:45:42 AM(UTC)
digger

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I hear,,, thanks to you guys on here; that the news has caught the ear of the Whites distribution manager for our pacific region.
We need to shut this guy down before he hurts the rep of our NZ dealers and before he puts more people off our great hobby.

Oh have you tried going to Domainz.co.nz and looking up his website? Even though it has been shut down, he still owns the domain name and, has all his details on there as well.. That's not too bright when you want to rip people off .
Current; (Garrett pinpointer), Fisher, Whites, (Old)Minelab.
**Previous**; GC1009, Bounty Hunter 505, Gta-x 1000, AT-Pro
audredge  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 December 2012 7:29:57 AM(UTC)
audredge

New Zealand

i have brought one have not used it much have checked the serial number on whites
and it says fake , came in sealed whites box with dvd and manual definitely
kg

Edited by user Tuesday, 25 December 2012 9:42:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: seller refunding

audredge  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 December 2012 7:34:12 AM(UTC)
audredge

New Zealand

n/a

Edited by user Tuesday, 25 December 2012 9:42:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: seller refunding

audredge  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 December 2012 7:42:43 AM(UTC)
audredge

New Zealand

n/a

Edited by user Tuesday, 25 December 2012 9:43:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: seller refunding

mossop  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 December 2012 9:02:19 AM(UTC)
mossop

New Zealand

well this has really come full circle

thats his DETAILS that another member has posted

i hope that everyone approaches this with a level head, there is never any need for violence. just want to put that out there

WHO IS THE NEW ZEALAND DEALER?
tonznz  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 December 2012 9:17:41 AM(UTC)
tonznz

Medals: Donation: Made a second donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you once again! :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 152 post(s)
on the whites web page the australasian dealer is in AU...none in NZ...so if there is one in NZ the whites webpage is out of date..
tonznz  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 December 2012 9:19:52 AM(UTC)
tonznz

Medals: Donation: Made a second donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you once again! :)

Man
New Zealand

I had this reply from trademe:

".....Hi Tony,

Thanks again for sharing your concerns with us.

If the member ever contacts us and wishes to begin selling again, we'll make sure
that we are satisfied the goods they are selling are legitimate; if you see these
units come up again, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll check them out.

I'll also look back on the selling history and contact as many buyers as I can.

Please keep in touch should anything crop up in the future or if you would like to
discuss this further. If you would prefer to chat in person, just call through on
0900 872 33. Please be aware these calls cost $1.99 + GST per minute but you are
most welcome to email for free anytime.

Regards,

Jack

Trade Me Support......."
tonznz  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 December 2012 9:26:13 AM(UTC)
tonznz

Man
New Zealand

Originally Posted by: a_tinkerer Go to Quoted Post
I brought a genuine whites detector for US$799.99 off the whites web site in the United States. It worked out about NZ$1300 with freight when it arrived. I couldn't believe it myself. I typed in the serial number on the Whites website and it also came out as a fake. I have been emailing Whites to fix it up as I have an invoice etc from Whites. That was about a month ago. When I type my number in now - it still shows up as a fake so I will be contacting them again. I don't think Whites are the most brilliant company in the world to deal with.

saving this in case it gets deleted....why? I have my suspicions...

tonznz  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 December 2012 9:27:21 AM(UTC)
tonznz

Man
New Zealand

This discussion is starting to resemble a bit of a puritan witch hunt. Maybe time for a reality check. The GMT unit I brought from the official Whites website in the United states whose serial number tells me it is a fake on their own web site actually did have a problem with squealing too much on start up when I first started using it. With the help of a forum I opened up the cover and turned down the manual adjustment on the circuit board and now it goes fine. In the past 4 months I have got 3 gold nuggets totaling around 1 1/2 ounces walking up river in Karamea which has so far returned me far more than the detector is worth. If this guy has 100% positive feedback on Trademe as someone said earlier - then what is the problem? Maybe the Chinese detectors are just as good as the ones made in the US. With cars - if anything wasn't British or US when I was young & came from Japan, my dad use to say it was a piece of Jap crap. Reality is, if you read the Dog & Lemon guide all the most reliable models come from Japan & all the most unreliable vehicles seem to come from the US & Europe. Most electronic stuff in our households, not to mention small goods, bikes & our clothes are probably made in China somewhere. When it is the cheaper Mexican labor force in California versus the Chinese labor force competing, even Apple gets most of its products made in China these days. My guess is Whites, Garrets & a horde of other electronic companies also gets most of their parts made in China & assemble them in the United States at best. That is probably where the Chinese learnt to copy them in the first place. Is that American capitalism coming to bite it's own arse or what? So if the this guy has helped someone save around $400 to $600 dollars and he has had 100% feedback - again - what is the problem? Are we all such puritans in everything we do these days?

again same reason.
mossop  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 December 2012 9:33:19 AM(UTC)
mossop

New Zealand

Merry Christmas, i am glad this is the outcome

i hear he is calling up people who have brought units, and offering a refund.
well with all his details out there he would really have to be a little slow not to.

this was only possible because of YOU, you know who you are, give yourself a pat on the back...........
or maybe you can convince the missis for a blowjob, with all that moral fiber you have now

THIS SHOULD GET AT STICKY SO ALL NEW PEOPLE KNOW OF THE DANGERS OUT THERE

mossop  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 December 2012 9:36:15 AM(UTC)
mossop

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: tonznz Go to Quoted Post
I brought a genuine whites detector for US$799.99 off the whites web site in the United States. It worked out about NZ$1300 with freight when it arrived. I couldn't believe it myself. I typed in the serial number on the Whites website and it also came out as a fake. I have been emailing Whites to fix it up as I have an invoice etc from Whites. That was about a month ago. When I type my number in now - it still shows up as a fake so I will be contacting them again. I don't think Whites are the most brilliant company in the world to deal with.

saving this in case it gets deleted....why? I have my suspicions...

well makes you think who a_tinkerer is, him other posts have all been changed for some reason
audredge  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 December 2012 9:37:27 AM(UTC)
audredge

New Zealand

have had a call from Alastair and he has offered a full refund to all who have brought these detectors
and he has rung around the people who have brought these gmt detectors.
got my call this morning.. greatly appreciated

ken
expat  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 December 2012 9:55:51 AM(UTC)
expat

Man

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 76 post(s)
What was your experience with the machine Ausdredge? Was it a heap of s**t or did it actually perform ok ish? I'm asking this, hoping that it would be obvious and thus easier to spot as a fake. I must admit that as a person snooping around the purchase of a better machine, this thread has unsettled me a little!!

My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my collection for what I told her it cost me.
audredge  
Posted : Tuesday, 25 December 2012 6:14:46 PM(UTC)
audredge

New Zealand

it worked and could tell the difference
from gold or steel but 6 gram nugget could only be detected at 3 inchs
and that was very faint, would be hard to find if you did not know it was there.
black sand discriminator did not work that well ,as i wanted to use it to
pick out black sand layers in old tunnels could do better with my eyes
and they are getting old ..main reason for buying..
still alastair has come to the party and refunded so i can not complain
he has done the honorable thing

cheers ken
digger  
Posted : Wednesday, 26 December 2012 12:58:30 AM(UTC)
digger

Man
New Zealand

This discussion is starting to resemble a bit of a puritan witch hunt. Maybe time for a reality check. The GMT unit I brought from the official Whites website in the United states whose serial number tells me it is a fake on their own web site actually did have a problem with squealing too much on start up when I first started using it. With the help of a forum I opened up the cover and turned down the manual adjustment on the circuit board and now it goes fine. In the past 4 months I have got 3 gold nuggets totaling around 1 1/2 ounces walking up river in Karamea which has so far returned me far more than the detector is worth. If this guy has 100% positive feedback on Trademe as someone said earlier - then what is the problem? Maybe the Chinese detectors are just as good as the ones made in the US. With cars - if anything wasn't British or US when I was young & came from Japan, my dad use to say it was a piece of Jap crap. Reality is, if you read the Dog & Lemon guide all the most reliable models come from Japan & all the most unreliable vehicles seem to come from the US & Europe. Most electronic stuff in our households, not to mention small goods, bikes & our clothes are probably made in China somewhere. When it is the cheaper Mexican labor force in California versus the Chinese labor force competing, even Apple gets most of its products made in China these days. My guess is Whites, Garrets & a horde of other electronic companies also gets most of their parts made in China & assemble them in the United States at best. That is probably where the Chinese learnt to copy them in the first place. Is that American capitalism coming to bite it's own arse or what? So if the this guy has helped someone save around $400 to $600 dollars and he has had 100% feedback - again - what is the problem? Are we all such puritans in everything we do these days?

Thing is no one really cares where they are made. What they care about is getting a quality product.

Maybe there is a "pay back" for, not keeping the work in your own country. I never like seeing jobs get sent to overseas work forces either.
That certainly happened as you described to,, IBM back in the 80's with the IBM clones. Haha but they didn't learn then either.

Thing is, if they are soo good then,,,,, why hide behind the Whites brand name ??? (ok I'm not even going to get into Copy right )

Why not just go it alone and use there own name ???? Say like "Samsung" did for example

It comes down to the consumer should be able to trust the dealer, and not be lied to.....
How many Dealers on here would like that Reputation ??

If it's not actually a Whites.... It's Simple .. Don't say it is a Whites!!!

If it is just as good, then by what ever cheeky means they may have used, then market it as,,,, say a "Greys" instead.

Give the Hobbyist a choice, not lies.

Edited by user Wednesday, 26 December 2012 1:06:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mossop  
Posted : Wednesday, 26 December 2012 11:32:57 AM(UTC)
mossop

New Zealand

looks like the press want to do a story on this issue, and get the word out to more people

what does everyone think of that? i am a little unsure if i want to take it any further

but if its just on the general issue of fake units from china and the way consumers can protect themselves, then i may look into this a bit more

any comments from members would be greatly appreciated

nzpoohbear40, digger, tonynz, audredge, expat what do you guys think?
Metal Kiwi  
Posted : Wednesday, 26 December 2012 11:58:50 AM(UTC)
Metal Kiwi

Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 322 post(s)
Chine can supply a knock off of anything your heart desires
and the old simple rule of customer beware will apply more and more as
our Free Trade agreement blossoms.
If the price seems to good to be true, well then ......................

digger  
Posted : Wednesday, 26 December 2012 4:53:55 PM(UTC)
digger

Man
New Zealand

Originally Posted by: mossop Go to Quoted Post

looks like the press want to do a story on this issue, and get the word out to more people

what does everyone think of that? i am a little unsure if i want to take it any further

but if its just on the general issue of fake units from china and the way consumers can protect themselves, then i may look into this a bit more

any comments from members would be greatly appreciated

nzpoohbear40, digger, tonynz, audredge, expat what do you guys think?

Yea I can understand the thought of not wanting to get too involved, as will the guy seek a payback of his own in someway. I certainly hope not!
But will they with hold your details for you.?
In reality he may move on to other things, to make money on the side, since up to now, this get rich scheme worked.
Like you say if it is a less specific article looking more over at how China can copy anything and how it could affect industry then maybe ok.
Lets know if we can help. I'm sure everyone here feels the same :)

Edited by user Wednesday, 26 December 2012 4:55:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 Pages<1234>