New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

4 Pages«<234
simon  
Posted : Wednesday, 26 December 2012 10:37:12 PM(UTC)
simon

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 150 post(s)
theres seems to be a lot of accusations flying around here about all this fake stuff but finally i think the main question has been answered.

the so called fakes are not the same as the real thing. even if they look alike they obviously have inferior componentry inside.

buy a rip off and get an inferior product.

that was what i was wondering way back at the start of all this.

i guess there will always be someone happy to pay less. then stick them out in the field alongside a real detector and they will be no match.

secondly i have also noticed a lot of this tinkerer fellow's posts deleted.

maybe it should be that posts can't be changed.

i don't mind seeing some bad grammar. i do suspect sometimes posts are changed depending on what direction they head after the comment is written.

i can see what tonenz is suspect of too. that sort of thing seems to go on a bit on stuff like trade me.
tonznz  
Posted : Thursday, 27 December 2012 12:29:02 AM(UTC)
tonznz

Medals: Donation: Made a second donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you once again! :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 152 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mossop Go to Quoted Post

looks like the press want to do a story on this issue, and get the word out to more people
what does everyone think of that? i am a little unsure if i want to take it any further
but if its just on the general issue of fake units from china and the way consumers can protect themselves, then i may look into this a bit more
any comments from members would be greatly appreciated
nzpoohbear40, digger, tonynz, audredge, expat what do you guys think?

Why not? I'll support you in that. I am happy to be quoted, but mossop you have a first hand story to tell. You even have his words on tape. Publicity would likely to help in getting all the units refunded. Its difficult to take a moral stand and put yourself out like you have. But don't back off now. Tell the truth, that's all. Track record of this guy is to say one thing and not follow through. Remember your first posting! So far we have you refunded then one other guy on this forum getting refunded. But there may be 10-20 units sold as you said. Then as it stands we have then to believe the guy that he is getting in touch with any others who have bought his units to offer refunds. One would have to be a pretty naive person to believe that is going to happen. If that is the case then why did he destroy his own website and delete his own trademe membership? Is that the actions of someone straight up? And if I receive any personal attacks from any way from this crook because of saying this I won't hestitate to follow up with the appropriate authorities.

tonznz  
Posted : Thursday, 27 December 2012 12:47:50 AM(UTC)
tonznz

Medals: Donation: Made a second donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you once again! :)

Man
New Zealand

link to Alastair's contact details in case previous customers of nzgoldminingsupplies.co.nz are reading this thread and need to get in contact with Alastair for refunds for their fake product and find him difficult to get hold of with his website and trademe accounts down.

http://www.domainz.net.n...ames/whois-lookup/search

you just need to enter the name of his website and all the contact details pop up.

Edited by user Thursday, 27 December 2012 12:50:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: more information added and spelling

simon  
Posted : Thursday, 27 December 2012 8:19:35 AM(UTC)
simon

Man

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 150 post(s)
mossop:

the press are a bunch of hounds.

they will probably pull some quotes off here and ask you to do the write up also! i don't think they operate beyond facebook sometimes!

sorry, i'm a photographer and the press here are terrible.

but yes, think long and hard about it. you never know who their next target is.

you've most likely have had better success on the matter when posting all this here.

good luck, whatever you decide.

it would be good to hear the guy's story though.
gogold  
Posted : Thursday, 27 December 2012 10:10:42 AM(UTC)
gogold

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 45 post(s)
yep media can twist all your words around to make the story the way they want it would be carefull what you say to them as you could come out looking like a bad guy too.
would be good to hear the other side of the story but looks like hes doing a bit of a runner closing his website/ trademe so he must have known what he was doing was very deceptive and he is in the crap.
fish  
Posted : Thursday, 27 December 2012 11:51:55 AM(UTC)
fish

New Zealand

I bought one of these off him (boarder28 on trademe) and he rang me the other day and told me and offered a full refund which he has promptly paid.
He is trying to do whats right now, and respect and credit to him on that.
I hold no animosity towards the guy he made a mistake (intentional or not) and is manning up which is a lot more then some would do. Good luck to him in the future.

Thanks as well to the person who found out about it.

oroplata  
Posted : Thursday, 27 December 2012 12:10:12 PM(UTC)
oroplata

Groups: Registered, Moderators

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 152 post(s)

That's excellent news. Thanks for posting.

tonznz  
Posted : Thursday, 27 December 2012 7:00:52 PM(UTC)
tonznz

Man
New Zealand

I wonder if you guys would be so forgiving if we were talking about a Maori offender who who was up on petty crime charges in a courtroom. He just made a mistake? Is that it. All is forgiven? No wonder our jails are filled with unemployed and Maori. I would class this as a white collar type crime. And white collar crims like this are almost treated like victims. As an auditor and talking to other auditors very few of those doing white collar crime such as doing this kind of fraud and stealing money from an employer are ever prosecuted.
digger  
Posted : Thursday, 27 December 2012 9:05:42 PM(UTC)
digger

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tonznz Go to Quoted Post
I wonder if you guys would be so forgiving if we were talking about a Maori offender who who was up on petty crime charges in a courtroom. He just made a mistake? Is that it. All is forgiven? No wonder our jails are filled with unemployed and Maori. I would class this as a white collar type crime. And white collar crims like this are almost treated like victims. As an auditor and talking to other auditors very few of those doing white collar crime such as doing this kind of fraud and stealing money from an employer are ever prosecuted.

I agree :).
It would be great if the website was restarted with a "re-call", then that would make him look a lot better too.

Fish; I see this is your first post...
Welcome to the forum...

Current; (Garrett pinpointer), Fisher, Whites, (Old)Minelab.
**Previous**; GC1009, Bounty Hunter 505, Gta-x 1000, AT-Pro
oroplata  
Posted : Thursday, 27 December 2012 10:56:38 PM(UTC)
oroplata

Well, in this case he appears to be trying to refund all his clients, which - in your "petty criminal" example - would be giving back to people everything he stole from them.

I think he started this thinking it was a good idea (obviously didn't think very hard) and now he has discovered it was in fact a VERY BAD IDEA, he's trying to repair his reputation.

That gotta be a lot better than the fraudsters out there that get caught, do time (but victims never get 100% reparation), then get straight into another fraud scheme as soon as they get out.

gold digger 21  
Posted : Saturday, 29 December 2012 8:49:08 PM(UTC)
gold digger 21

G'Day I am new here on NZ Gold prospecting Fossicking & Metal Detecting forums.
Saw the post re the Fake Whites Detectors & thought a Heads Up to my Kiwi Mates was in order as early this year March ? about 'ish I was in contact with a Ozi from NSW who was a Minelab registered rep and sent him $ for some Mineral tests on samples I
got out of Japan last year on old gold fields.
I got duded by the Minelab Rep & did some Research & in doing so Discovered " That there are Hundreds or more Fake Minelab Metal Detectors coming out of Indonesia where this Minelab Rep purportedly owns a gold mine and one in the Philippines also & Claims to own another gold mine in Africa and yet another gold mine in NSW Australia.

Top of the Range Minelab Metal Detectors selling for $5,500 + so BEWARE where you Buy its Gunna Hurt ~!" so I would be very Suspect about buying off the Web : & Cautious buying anything Used :

In my humble opinion I would have to Strongly Suspect China of producing All of these Fake machines and Net working the Sales around Asia to make accessing the culprits Harder.

mossop  
Posted : Sunday, 30 December 2012 9:00:59 AM(UTC)
mossop

New Zealand

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
thnaks gold digger21, this is starting to add an international flavor to this problem.

i would like to add that this is only the beginning, while we have all been unconcerned where we spend our hard earned dollars, buying the cheaper Chinese version instead of getting a quality product. they have been building a massive manufacturing network, that will be able to copy anything. and take over good brands fisher&paykel just one of the recent.
but the thing that gets me is the majority of people are more than happy to pay a little bit less to get something they probably don't need and know is going to break in a couple of years anyway. then they will be back in the shop for more.
yet these same products could be made locally with amazing outcomes for us all as a nation.

QUALITY PRODUCTS + LOCAL LABOR = STRONG ECONOMY,

buyer beware,

oroplata  
Posted : Sunday, 30 December 2012 12:13:18 PM(UTC)
oroplata

Originally Posted by: mossop Go to Quoted Post
and take over good brands fisher&paykel just one of the recent.

That was a disasterous decision, selling off F&P. Huge cache of intellectual property. I was sooooo pissed off when I heard they'd done that.

Quote:
yet these same products could be made locally with amazing outcomes for us all as a nation.

QUALITY PRODUCTS + LOCAL LABOR = STRONG ECONOMY,

That can't be right! I keep hearing that we can't use local labor as we can't compete with the countries using slave labour! All we can do is dismantle our economy and let large international corporation come in and buy up our assets at a discount. I'm sure it will all end well. (sarcasm)

gold digger 21  
Posted : Sunday, 30 December 2012 2:58:45 PM(UTC)
gold digger 21

As a New Member on this Great forum I am always willing to share knowledge thats going to assist fellow members.

Re the Whites Fake Detectors and my follow up ........Just now I got an email in CHINESE re these posts sent directly to me from your forum without the forum follow up Link.

There is No Member ID on the email just your Header ; So Your forum might like to Check its Security and make members Aware CHINESE are Monitoring your Forum and will send members email Viruses etc IF they can .

Lucas Hardy

Topic Subscription New Post Notification (From Paydirt Forums)
Paydirt Forums to gold digger 21 (2 hours ago) show details
吀栀攀爀攀✀猀 愀 渀攀眀 瀀漀猀琀 椀渀 琀漀瀀椀挀 ∀䈀愀挀欀 甀瀀 椀渀 䈀氀攀渀栀攀椀洀∀ 愀琀 倀愀礀䐀椀爀琀 䘀漀爀甀洀猀㨀਀਀䈀礀 漀爀漀瀀氀愀琀愀㨀 ਀∀ 吀栀愀琀 礀漀甀琀甀戀攀 瘀椀搀攀漀 漀昀 琀栀愀琀 爀甀猀猀椀愀渀 猀瀀愀挀攀 樀甀渀欀 椀猀 椀渀琀攀爀攀猀琀椀渀最⸀ 吀栀攀 眀爀椀琀椀渀最 漀渀 琀栀愀琀 猀琀爀甀琀 椀猀 渀漀琀 ∀䠀一㌀∀⸀ 䄀猀 椀琀 椀猀 椀渀 挀礀爀椀氀氀椀挀Ⰰ 椀琀✀猀 愀挀琀甀愀氀氀礀 ∀㴄㠄㜄∀ 眀栀椀挀栀 䤀⸀⸀⸀∀਀਀吀漀 爀攀愀搀 洀漀爀攀Ⰰ 挀氀椀挀欀 漀爀 挀漀瀀礀 愀渀搀 瀀愀猀琀攀 琀栀攀 昀漀氀氀漀眀椀渀最 氀椀渀欀 椀渀琀漀 礀漀甀爀 戀爀漀眀猀攀爀㨀਀਀栀琀琀瀀㨀⼀⼀眀眀眀⸀瀀愀礀搀椀爀琀⸀挀漀⸀渀稀⼀昀漀爀甀洀猀⼀礀愀昀开瀀漀猀琀猀洀㈀ 㔀㠀㘀开䈀愀挀欀ⴀ甀瀀ⴀ椀渀ⴀ䈀氀攀渀栀攀椀洀⸀愀猀瀀砀⌀瀀漀猀琀㈀ 㔀㠀㘀

gold digger 21  
Posted : Sunday, 30 December 2012 3:05:06 PM(UTC)
gold digger 21

Heres the Header from the email I received that would appear to have Originated from within your forum .

Return-Path: [email protected]
Received: from mip.hushmail.com (LHLO smtp1.hushmail.com) (65.39.178.78) by
server with LMTP; Sat, 29 Dec 2012 23:58:45 +0000 (UTC)
Received: from smtp1.hushmail.com (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1])
by smtp1.hushmail.com (Postfix) with SMTP id 64E0630596
for <[email protected]>; Sat, 29 Dec 2012 23:58:45 +0000 (UTC)
X-Hush-Real-Recipient: [email protected]
Received: from mlx1-out.webhost.co.nz (mlx1-out.webhost.co.nz [119.47.119.8])
by smtp1.hushmail.com (Postfix) with ESMTP
for <[email protected]>; Sat, 29 Dec 2012 23:58:40 +0000 (UTC)
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by mlx1-out.webhost.co.nz (Postfix) with ESMTP id 5AE9957C8ED
for <[email protected]>; Sun, 30 Dec 2012 12:58:37 +1300 (NZDT)
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.3.1 (2010-03-16) on mlf1.webhost.co.nz
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-0.9 required=6.0 tests=ALL_TRUSTED,MISSING_MID
autolearn=disabled version=3.3.1
Received: from ak0wd-wws-003 (ak0wd-wws-003.mydns.net.nz [202.89.43.116])
(Authenticated sender: username-removed)
by mlx1-out.webhost.co.nz (Postfix) with ESMTP
for <[email protected]>; Sun, 30 Dec 2012 12:58:37 +1300 (NZDT)
MIME-Version: 1.0
<[email protected]>
To: "gold digger 21"
<[email protected]>
Date: 30 Dec 2012 12:58:37 +1300
Subject: Topic Subscription New Post Notification (From Paydirt Forums)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-16
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
X-ProxSMTP: Clean
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
gold digger 21  
Posted : Sunday, 30 December 2012 3:22:20 PM(UTC)
gold digger 21

HERE is the English Translation of the Chinese text I was sent 30 minutes ago from YOUR Forum Email address .

Wether your Members realize it or NOT? it appears your Web forum is being Run by Chinese ................ or your Web forum has Major Security Flaws that endanger every Members PC .

Lucas

Mie Zhipanhepan ✀ Sha Qiaobenpanming Youqing Shahan bowl Benhanqingyou bowl Bai the You of ∀ 䈀 Qiaobairangzhui bowl Ben 䈀 Shu climbing Ben gardenia climb the bowl the Bowl Hehan 䘀 Pan the ∀ Qiaohanchangqiao Jian 䐀Qinghe vase with a small mouth Zhousha 㨀 ਀਀ 䈀 Jian Qing Heqing Youdou, countenance 㨀, countenance Han ਀ ∀ Miezhiqiaohan Jian Qing vase with a small mouth Han vase with a small mouth straight climb Yuwanchanpan Qingqing, gardenia countenance Hanhezhuisha, Yun Han Sha bowl countenance Ben Shayouqiaobai Panzhezhuiben Xiangwanshawan Benhan Panhepansha Hanwanbenzui ⸀ Miezhipanming the He Wanhanwanben most Qing, Ben Hanzhiqiaohan Shahanhezhui Han bowl Shaben Qinghan ∀䠀 a ㌀ the ∀ ⸀ 䄀 Shawanhanwan Sha bowl Ben Baijianhewan's Shu the Shu bowls Bai Ⰰ bowl Han ✀ Sha Qiaobaihanzhui countenance Dou Dou Jian ∀ 㴄 㠄 㜄 the ∀ Mingzhiwanbai Gardenia 䤀 ⸀ ⸀ ⸀ ∀ ਀ He climbed, ਀ Mieqing Qiaochanzhouqing He climbed Ⰰ Bai Shu bowl Bai Xiang Qinghe Bai Qing You Jianqiaobenchan You countenance Sha Hanpanhanzhi climbing Yunqingshudou, Qingmingwanben Zuishuwanben Xiang bowl Benhan Qingjian Qing vase with a small mouth He love He Qingming Sha climbing He 㨀 ਀਀ Gardenia Han Han You 㨀 on one on one Mingming Ming ⸀ You countenance Jian mix bowl Hehan ⸀ Baiqing ⸀ Ben thin on one Yun Qinghe vase with a small mouth Pansha on one Jian countenance Yun Kaiyouqingsha Hansha Pan ㈀ 㔀 㠀 㘀 open 䈀, Baixiang ა, countenance vase with a small mouth of You ა bowl the Ben ა 䈀 Shu climbing Ben Zhipanwanzhou the ⸀ countenance Shayou Dang ⌀ Youqing Shahan ㈀ 㔀 㠀 㘀
oroplata  
Posted : Sunday, 30 December 2012 4:22:55 PM(UTC)
oroplata

Do you have a copy of the chinese text without the encoding errors?

gavin  
Posted : Thursday, 3 January 2013 10:27:27 PM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gold digger 21 Go to Quoted Post
HERE is the English Translation of the Chinese text I was sent 30 minutes ago from YOUR Forum Email address .

Wether your Members realize it or NOT? it appears your Web forum is being Run by Chinese ................ or your Web forum has Major Security Flaws that endanger every Members PC .

Lucas

Mie Zhipanhepan ✀ Sha Qiaobenpanming Youqing Shahan bowl Benhanqingyou bowl Bai the You of ∀ 䈀 Qiaobairangzhui bowl Ben 䈀 Shu climbing Ben gardenia climb the bowl the Bowl Hehan 䘀 Pan the ∀ Qiaohanchangqiao Jian 䐀Qinghe vase with a small mouth Zhousha 㨀 ਀਀ 䈀 Jian Qing Heqing Youdou, countenance 㨀, countenance Han ਀ ∀ Miezhiqiaohan Jian Qing vase with a small mouth Han vase with a small mouth straight climb Yuwanchanpan Qingqing, gardenia countenance Hanhezhuisha, Yun Han Sha bowl countenance Ben Shayouqiaobai Panzhezhuiben Xiangwanshawan Benhan Panhepansha Hanwanbenzui ⸀ Miezhipanming the He Wanhanwanben most Qing, Ben Hanzhiqiaohan Shahanhezhui Han bowl Shaben Qinghan ∀䠀 a ㌀ the ∀ ⸀ 䄀 Shawanhanwan Sha bowl Ben Baijianhewan's Shu the Shu bowls Bai Ⰰ bowl Han ✀ Sha Qiaobaihanzhui countenance Dou Dou Jian ∀ 㴄 㠄 㜄 the ∀ Mingzhiwanbai Gardenia 䤀 ⸀ ⸀ ⸀ ∀ ਀ He climbed, ਀ Mieqing Qiaochanzhouqing He climbed Ⰰ Bai Shu bowl Bai Xiang Qinghe Bai Qing You Jianqiaobenchan You countenance Sha Hanpanhanzhi climbing Yunqingshudou, Qingmingwanben Zuishuwanben Xiang bowl Benhan Qingjian Qing vase with a small mouth He love He Qingming Sha climbing He 㨀 ਀਀ Gardenia Han Han You 㨀 on one on one Mingming Ming ⸀ You countenance Jian mix bowl Hehan ⸀ Baiqing ⸀ Ben thin on one Yun Qinghe vase with a small mouth Pansha on one Jian countenance Yun Kaiyouqingsha Hansha Pan ㈀ 㔀 㠀 㘀 open 䈀, Baixiang ა, countenance vase with a small mouth of You ა bowl the Ben ა 䈀 Shu climbing Ben Zhipanwanzhou the ⸀ countenance Shayou Dang ⌀ Youqing Shahan ㈀ 㔀 㠀 㘀

Nah, last time I looked in the mirror I'm pretty sure I wasn't Chinese, but you never know... they seem to be able to copy anything now-a-days! :P

Just an encoding issues with the emails sent out from the forums, a few people have had similar issues. Hopefully in the next release of the forums software they'll have fixed it.
audredge  
Posted : Friday, 4 January 2013 8:24:52 PM(UTC)
audredge

New Zealand

been away over christmas.. checked my bank account and alister has
deposited the money in my bank account as well
he has done the right thing
Posted : Sunday, 28 July 2013 5:21:30 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Message was deleted by a Moderator. | Reason: Not specified
4 Pages«<234