New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

8 Pages«<678
andy  
Posted : Tuesday, 22 October 2013 1:08:27 AM(UTC)
andy

Groups: Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 72 post(s)
so..........what about that weather ay!
ATpro
ACE250
GC1010
teknetics Eurotek Pro
l0gic  
Posted : Tuesday, 22 October 2013 11:00:16 AM(UTC)
l0gic

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Trade Me removed my auction last-night/this-morning. I'm not sure they realise that their ToS and Policies do not over-rule New Zealand law, though they do seem to like to acting as if they do.. (I applied to have the $0.40 the auction cost me refunded to my account, we'll see how that goes, lol.)

For those interested I made contact with:
Trade Me
Minelab Aus
Consumer Affairs NZ (~ Fair Go)
Consumer NZ (consumer.org.nz)
The Press (press.co.nz)
And I had an old work-related contact at The Department of Internal Affairs who is also into gadgets, etc.. and he put it forward to their 'online scam' investigators.

I heard back from all of these, low and behold there was only one who didn't want to 'investigate further'.. And believe it or not, two already have related investigations in the works when it comes to Trade Me and counterfeit goods.

I'm not sure if the sale of the fake GPX 5000 went through or not, but if anyone knows if it has and the unit has made it's way to Chch... Let me know! :D

Update:
Got my $0.40 back, with what I guess you'd call an apology.. The Trade Me representative I was dealing with didn't (wouldn't) say if the account was closed buy them or the member in question, but informed me that from what they could see the most recent 'sale' was not completed.

Edited by user Tuesday, 22 October 2013 3:12:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fisher F2 - Hunts: 11, Rings: 3, Spendables: $70.20
chrischch  
Posted : Tuesday, 22 October 2013 5:29:15 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 104 post(s)
Interesting. Keep us informed mate!
Fisher Goldbug Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Propointer.
Goldigger  
Posted : Wednesday, 23 October 2013 7:52:02 PM(UTC)
Goldigger

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: l0gic Go to Quoted Post
Trade Me removed my auction last-night/this-morning. I'm not sure they realise that their ToS and Policies do not over-rule New Zealand law, though they do seem to like to acting as if they do.. (I applied to have the $0.40 the auction cost me refunded to my account, we'll see how that goes, lol.)

For those interested I made contact with:
Trade Me
Minelab Aus
Consumer Affairs NZ (~ Fair Go)
Consumer NZ (consumer.org.nz)
The Press (press.co.nz)
And I had an old work-related contact at The Department of Internal Affairs who is also into gadgets, etc.. and he put it forward to their 'online scam' investigators.

I heard back from all of these, low and behold there was only one who didn't want to 'investigate further'.. And believe it or not, two already have related investigations in the works when it comes to Trade Me and counterfeit goods.

I'm not sure if the sale of the fake GPX 5000 went through or not, but if anyone knows if it has and the unit has made it's way to Chch... Let me know! :D

Update:
Got my $0.40 back, with what I guess you'd call an apology.. The Trade Me representative I was dealing with didn't (wouldn't) say if the account was closed buy them or the member in question, but informed me that from what they could see the most recent 'sale' was not completed.

Thanks IOgic for all your persistence and informative post.Damm did i have a hard time trying to explain to their community policing department that they are likely fake or hot.All i wanted was for them to ask the seller to post the serial product number so that i could verify it"s authenticity with Minelab.Kept getting through to the same person who seemed to take no notice.I often wondered if there was a bit of Insider Trading taking place on this one. It was just the way they handled the whole situation The whole scenario cost me $110 in phone bills to TM.Thanks for that 0800 number which i diarised for future complaints.I'm hoping someone (Authentic Licensed Dealer) with a genuine and a fake Minelab could go on Fairgo ,Campbellive or 3rd Degree and point out the differences to educate the general public out there for what to lookout when purchasing these BIGTICKET items.I think that TM should be more vigilant with all in asking the seller to furnish the serial numbers or proof of purchase for all Recognized brand name Metal detectors before allowing it to be posted as the counterfeiters are starting to copy other makes and models.I'ts a hard one to get scammed out $2K -$3K for a counterfeit.BTW which one did not want to carry on with the investigation?Cheers

Edited by user Wednesday, 23 October 2013 7:54:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

l0gic  
Posted : Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:52:48 PM(UTC)
l0gic

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Goldigger Go to Quoted Post
BTW which one did not want to carry on with the investigation?Cheers

The only one that stood to profit, Trade Me.
Fisher F2 - Hunts: 11, Rings: 3, Spendables: $70.20
FossickFester  
Posted : Wednesday, 30 October 2013 11:37:37 AM(UTC)
FossickFester

New Zealand

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Speaking of fakes, it turns out that there are Chinese fakes of fisher metal detectors. I'm unaware if any have made it to NZ, so keep an eye out kiwis.

However, I can say with 100% certainty that PUIAKAI SUPPLY are LEGIT. I verified this with Fisher in the U.S to confirm this before buying my GB PRO.

I have only mentioned this to advise other potential buyers of Fisher Detectors.

Now just the long wait for my detector to arrive....... a whole 2 days! LOL

:)
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Wednesday, 30 October 2013 8:00:01 PM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 329 post(s)
hopefully you get it soon...lol
Chris - Fisher Dealer http://www.puiakisupply.co.nz/
kiwisouth  
Posted : Sunday, 10 November 2013 9:11:57 PM(UTC)
kiwisouth

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Looks like the GPX 5000 seller has had his account closed down. If you click on his nickname or feedback it comes up with 'Oops, you took a wrong turn!

The page you have requested is no longer available.

Don't panic! Just try a search, or use the browse links below.'
Nulli Illigitimi Carborundum
8 Pages«<678