New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

8 Pages«<45678>
Goldigger  
Posted : Saturday, 19 October 2013 11:11:59 PM(UTC)
Goldigger

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Damm.They just don't get it TRADEME.It's Back again Listing:652022505 and closes Sunday @ 1.10pm.Checkout these links of seller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIklTCbQ72wSchool of Boxing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfkonRX1ws8August 31, 2012 via mobile

Right school of boxing has moved we are no longer with harbour fitness we stand alone now it's now called DR JOHNS SCHOOL OF BOXING And opens on Monday the 3 at 101 unit 12 Diana drive Glenfield looking forward to seeing u there it's going to b the place to b BOOM added by COACH JAY School of Boxing

His only a 17 year old kid if that's correct.A young boxer @ DR JOHNS SCHOOL OF BOXING in Auckland on the North Shore

Edited by user Saturday, 19 October 2013 11:13:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Goldigger  
Posted : Saturday, 19 October 2013 11:46:19 PM(UTC)
Goldigger

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: oroplata Go to Quoted Post

From that video he's a young fella. Maybe he went to Aussie for a holiday, got scammed into buying a couple of fake GPX5000's and is trying to recover his money?

If that's the story, no wonder he wants to sell for maximum price as he's probably out of pocket up to AU$10000. Ouch.

Yea.But how did he get through customs without declaring 2 or more Minelabs which will attract suspicion and he would have had to pay the GST and import taxes on those??? Unless you are working or got some connection with a Logistics company?? I asked him via TradeMe if he had any more and he responded "How many do you want" There"s also an email that was sent to a forum member saying that these were counterfeit.As for being $10000 out of pocket sorry mate but that"s his problem.Don't try and flog them off here as it will travel around and many innocent hardworking people will be out of pocket at the end of the day. Maybe his selling them on behalf of somebody else and taking a percentage of the profits who knows??.I wonder if his parents are aware of his dealings"That's if his still staying at home"??? Just my thoughts

Edited by user Saturday, 19 October 2013 11:53:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

oroplata  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 12:59:48 AM(UTC)
oroplata

Groups: Registered, Moderators

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 152 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Goldigger Go to Quoted Post

As for being $10000 out of pocket sorry mate but that"s his problem.

Just to make clear here, I wasn't defending his actions at all, I was just thinking he'd be more desperate to sell if he was $10k out of pocket rather than had paid wholesale price from China.

You would think with the number of people aware that they're counterfeit he would cut his losses and learn from the experience.

Shilo  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 8:22:55 AM(UTC)
Shilo

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Goldigger Go to Quoted Post
Damm.They just don't get it TRADEME.It's Back again Listing:652022505 and closes Sunday @ 1.10pm.Checkout these links of seller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIklTCbQ72wSchool of Boxing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfkonRX1ws8August 31, 2012 via mobile

Right school of boxing has moved we are no longer with harbour fitness we stand alone now it's now called DR JOHNS SCHOOL OF BOXING And opens on Monday the 3 at 101 unit 12 Diana drive Glenfield looking forward to seeing u there it's going to b the place to b BOOM added by COACH JAY School of Boxing

His only a 17 year old kid if that's correct.A young boxer @ DR JOHNS SCHOOL OF BOXING in Auckland on the North Shore

Despite the uncommon name I doubt this is the same person. In the sellers feedback he was buying carpet and mentioned his wife, also sold a Ace 150 that was "his sons".

He probably just told Trademe that "he brought the detector in a shop in Aust" and they ended any investigation with just that. I'm starting to think the only way Trademe will take action is if some poor bugger ends up buying it then has a go at them for allowing the sale.
Andre  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 9:44:36 AM(UTC)
Andre

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
http://www.trademe.co.nz...lectual-property-rights/
Just read this. I am trying to find out if tm are taking any responsibility for these listings. In other words if I am a buyer of counterfeit product can I take tm to the disputes tribunal and get a compensation especially after so many complaints
andy  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 11:27:22 AM(UTC)
andy

Australia

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Andre Go to Quoted Post
http://www.trademe.co.nz/trust-safety/intellectual-property-rights/
Just read this. I am trying to find out if tm are taking any responsibility for these listings. In other words if I am a buyer of counterfeit product can I take tm to the disputes tribunal and get a compensation especially after so many complaints

thats what i was getting at in a previous post!if trademe was to allow you to buy one of these detectors after all the complaints and failing to enforce their own rules on selling counterfeit items so that they profit from the success fee they should be the party responsible for compensating the the buyer for any losses and liable to have legal actions against them!imo.
ATpro
ACE250
GC1010
teknetics Eurotek Pro
andy  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 11:33:07 AM(UTC)
andy

Australia

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 72 post(s)
and trademe wont stop doing this type of stuff as long as they think they can profit from it!sadly the only way big companys will stop doing this stuff is after taking a loss through legal actions witch would be a long and possibly costly process!
ATpro
ACE250
GC1010
teknetics Eurotek Pro
FossickFester  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 12:16:30 PM(UTC)
FossickFester

New Zealand

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Sounds like a possible case for the serious fraud office. After all, Trademe are a large company dealing with thousands of clients where millions of dollars are exchanged annually. This is just one case where they have been informed that the product is fraudulent in the 1,000's of dollar range and they are still allowing a sale to proceed. I am aware that the sfo USUALLY only investigate fraud cases when it's $2 million + involved but who's to say that Trademe are knowingly allowing these higher end fraudulent deals to happen on a daily basis? I'm no lawyer, so please go easy on me if i'm way off, but surely it couldn't hurt compiling all this info you guys have and sending it to them AFTER you have notified Cambell live of the problem (make sue you let them know that the sfo is the next people your gonna notify, that should get their attention).
good luck :)
l0gic  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 12:32:04 PM(UTC)
l0gic

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Fisher F2 - Hunts: 11, Rings: 3, Spendables: $70.20
FossickFester  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 12:45:40 PM(UTC)
FossickFester

New Zealand

LOL That is frickin hillarious 10gic !!! That is the funniest thing i've read all week. Way to stick it to the fraudster, and to use Trademe's service against them. :)
expat  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 1:00:35 PM(UTC)
expat

Man

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Well done 10gic, superb listing. Have added a comment of my own to highlight trademes deficiencies in this area.

My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my collection for what I told her it cost me.
oroplata  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 1:03:37 PM(UTC)
oroplata

Why is TM user ktodd backing him up in the comments?

oroplata  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 1:09:25 PM(UTC)
oroplata

Gaaaa. Someone just put a bid in. Not doing their homework.
l0gic  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 1:18:06 PM(UTC)
l0gic

Man
New Zealand

Gaaaa. Someone just put a bid in. Not doing their homework.

Have to wait and see if it actually goes through. :/
oroplata  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 1:23:48 PM(UTC)
oroplata

The buyer's from Papanui. He's bought genuine stuff of a number of the NZ dealers by the looks. Unless someone can get hold of him, he's not gonna be happy about the performance.

If he does take delivery, I'd love to get a chance to open it up and take some shots of the innards, and do a serious photo essay of the external differences - the photos on Minelab's website are crappy quality.

l0gic  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 1:32:45 PM(UTC)
l0gic

Man
New Zealand

I'm with you on that.. Maybe we can arrange a get-together and check it out.. And collect photos, videos and information to report back to Trade Me, Minelab and news agents with.
expat  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 1:35:50 PM(UTC)
expat

Man

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Oooooh what an interesting thread!!!

My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my collection for what I told her it cost me.
FossickFester  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 1:39:09 PM(UTC)
FossickFester

New Zealand

editing to keep the peace.

Edited by user Monday, 21 October 2013 12:11:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: misinterpretation of fact :( my bad.

FossickFester  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 1:41:07 PM(UTC)
FossickFester

New Zealand

The buyer's from Papanui. He's bought genuine stuff of a number of the NZ dealers by the looks. Unless someone can get hold of him, he's not gonna be happy about the performance.

If he does take delivery, I'd love to get a chance to open it up and take some shots of the innards, and do a serious photo essay of the external differences - the photos on Minelab's website are crappy quality.

Whoops, just refreshed my page, forget my comment about the buyer... my bad :(
Shilo  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 1:59:48 PM(UTC)
Shilo

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 185 post(s)
The guy's got 2 of them so if ones sold then the other one will come up next weekend.

Obviously Ktodds not interested in buying it and just trolling - if he was after a GPX then it would be a different story and I bet he wouldn't have bidded.

Instead of detailed photo's all we need is the serial number!
8 Pages«<45678>