New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

8 Pages«<5678>
oroplata  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 2:13:01 PM(UTC)
oroplata

Groups: Registered, Moderators

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 152 post(s)

But internal photos would confirm that these are indeed fakes, and if we can arrange for photos of the real McCoy with the CHCH distributor, we could provide TM with concrete proof that TM is assisting the sale of counterfeit product. The CHCH distributor is a TM customer and they would be the best ones to front up to TM with the proof. We just do the ground work.
oroplata  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 2:23:29 PM(UTC)
oroplata

Groups: Registered, Moderators

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 152 post(s)

ANNNNNNND it would also be interesting to actually test drive one - both to see if they're actually any good at all (will a F2 beat it?) and to be able to ID them easily (what do they display/sound like when they are first switched on and are the menu items identical).

sycotoad  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 9:01:11 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 97 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FossickFester Go to Quoted Post
I see Ktodds comment on his trademe listing is that paydirter's are a lynching mob, i would prefer too look at it as crime preventon. Also maybe the buyer of the fake gpx was either the same person or a friend so that it could be re-sold under a different name at a later date. yeah he would have to pay for the commission on the sale, but he (or they) could be trying to put you guys off track. Give it time, you'll see it again, probably with different photos, label stickers trimmed to look genuine etc...

No sir - thats not what I said at all

This is what I said -

"I do not agree with how a few Paydirters handle themselves on issues like these, thats why I left - I prefer to not be part of that lynching crew"

ALL parties have been informed - what more do you want?

Edited by user Monday, 21 October 2013 1:26:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Makro - Nokta - deteknix - GoldFinder
gavin  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 9:04:33 PM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
I guess if he's claiming these are real then you could take him to court on

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Partners/Content.aspx?id=11

You may also have some protection from the Contractual Remedies Act, but you'd need to be able to prove that:
  • you bought an item based on information provided by the seller, and
  • that information provided by the seller was wrong, and
  • the false information provided by the seller meant you have lost money.
sycotoad  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 9:06:23 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: Shilo Go to Quoted Post
T

Obviously Ktodds not interested in buying it and just trolling - if he was after a GPX then it would be a different story and I bet he wouldn't have bidded.

Still the usual shit flowing from your mouth Shilo - Tell me oh wise one - why & how is it so obvious to you that I dont want to buy a GPX?

The way you continually reach conclusions of how others think is amazing - No wonder imagination is rampant around here - Try this for a change - concentrate on the facts and NOT the 'what ifs'

chrischch  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 10:33:49 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 104 post(s)
Do you think that detector is legit Sycotoad? I was sure you were bidding on one at one stage with your other account but could be mistaken. Do you think its fine to sell it as legit if it's not? I think its ok if its stated that its a copy myself but this isnt. Just curious on your views as it seems you are thinking differently to those of us who think its not right. Not having a go, just want to see your point.
Fisher Goldbug Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Propointer.
FossickFester  
Posted : Sunday, 20 October 2013 10:50:30 PM(UTC)
FossickFester

New Zealand

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 31 post(s)
didn't mean to offend ktodd.

Edited by user Monday, 21 October 2013 12:00:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: keeping the peace

sycotoad  
Posted : Monday, 21 October 2013 1:27:33 AM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: chrischch Go to Quoted Post
Do you think that detector is legit Sycotoad? I was sure you were bidding on one at one stage with your other account but could be mistaken. Do you think its fine to sell it as legit if it's not? I think its ok if its stated that its a copy myself but this isnt. Just curious on your views as it seems you are thinking differently to those of us who think its not right. Not having a go, just want to see your point.

He has advertised it as a Minelab GPX so if its NOT an authentic Minelab GPX he should be prosecuted for selling counterfiet gear - Trademe also should be prosecuted for aiding and abetting this criminal act especially when they have been warned many times by members here and on trademe about this particular item - I believe Trademe knows this, however they must be satisfied that the seller is selling a legitimate item regardless of what we believe or how much we may shout & have a hissy fit - MINELAB will be very interested in this auction, I am sure - I have seen similar units with just GPX5000 on them - are these counterfiet too? You may just have to check first before dropping the clutch on your goblets around here ladies, because a copy may or may not be a completely different kettle of fish & I would just love to see one of the paydirt drama queens neck deep in shit - it may just put an end to the snively, whiney attitude of some of the wankers around here

This place has a reputation for what I would call witch hunts - I remember back when the Chinese metal detectors were first starting to make an appearance on trademe - There were a couple of members here who thought it fun to bomb their auctions with negative slants (forgive the pun) -

Then we had the, ah what was it? Ah yes the GMT saga - Oh yes thats right - Blasting the crap out of some poor bugger who had thought they had done a good thing by supplying what they thought were legit gear - Oh but by the time the favoured few around here had finished with him, he would have been lynched - Funny thing is, is that that guy was more of a man than what some of his accussers will ever be - I heard he went out of his way to make sure people were refunded -

Now we have just had a few weeks drama over these GPX's - Why bitch on with assumptions driving people into frenzies when little to no fact is initially evident? Notify the parties concerned and leave it that - One day someones going to mouth off wrongly or defame someones legitimate business and it could cost them more than they bargained for -

To FossickFester - sorry man I was just a little wound up & unfortunately you took the brunt - my bad :(

Shilo  
Posted : Monday, 21 October 2013 6:08:48 AM(UTC)
Shilo

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Just two questions to you Sycotoad: What possible reason could the seller have for refusing to give the serial number?

On his first auction he said it had worn off - but the one on the box is in a place protected from wear & the one on the battery is inside the machine. If it was legit then there should have been no hesitation in allowing buyers to check it out with Minelab but he has refused from the very start to give it out.

Question two: How would you feel if you were the buyer and found out afterwards that it was counterfeit?

Trademe didn't do anything about approaching the guy until just recently and have not said how they have verified the authenticity of the detectors. I would not call what happened a witch hunt but protecting detectorists from being ripped off.

By the way I suggest you post when you are sober.

Edited by user Monday, 21 October 2013 6:09:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

l0gic  
Posted : Monday, 21 October 2013 9:04:33 AM(UTC)
l0gic

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 17 post(s)
You're also forgetting that the seller in this case had already admitted they were Chinese units, he then continued to push the units out over varying paths with varying reasons. All different, yet all the same unit (his words not mine; illustrated by the same photos of the 'actual' unit).

I have been in contact with both Trade Me and Minelab several times via emails and phone. Minelab have been very grateful, Trade Me has been, well.. More of a struggle.

I've also just this morning received a phone call from a newsagents research team, which sounds quite promising.
Fisher F2 - Hunts: 11, Rings: 3, Spendables: $70.20
sycotoad  
Posted : Monday, 21 October 2013 9:15:45 AM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

By the way I suggest you post when you are sober.

What a wanker - Now your implying that I drink - where do you get all your miss-information from clown?

Thats half the problem here - Some idiot starts with what they believe to be right and before you know it, the Paydirters have had their tupperware party & all hell is breaking loose - Your a right little drama queen Shilo & should be ashamed of yourself as you also have a reputation for being one of the better metal detectorists & the information you provide to neebies as well as seasoned hunters is invaluable -

sycotoad  
Posted : Monday, 21 October 2013 9:17:59 AM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: l0gic Go to Quoted Post
You're also forgetting that the seller in this case had already admitted they were Chinese units, he then continued to push the units out over varying paths with varying reasons. All different, yet all the same unit (his words not mine; illustrated by the same photos of the 'actual' unit).

I have been in contact with both Trade Me and Minelab several times via emails and phone. Minelab have been very grateful, Trade Me has been, well.. More of a struggle.

I've also just this morning received a phone call from a newsagents research team, which sounds quite promising.

well thats great news then

Seller & Trademe no doubt will be prosecuted in the manner they should be if thats the case -

Shilo  
Posted : Monday, 21 October 2013 9:36:14 AM(UTC)
Shilo

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sycotoad Go to Quoted Post

Still the usual shit flowing from your mouth Shilo - Tell me oh wise one - why & how is it so obvious to you that I dont want to buy a GPX?

Ok, I apologise for saying you were drunk, but comments like the one above led me to believe it was the case. I had no idea it was you that posted the trademe comment calling us "wankers" thus figured the guy was trolling (which I still believe now knowing you placed the comment). Language and personal attacks like these do not help any situation and yes they do sound like the poster is drunk or worse.

If you wanted a civilised debate over whether the guy selling these detectors above board or not then try cleaning up your language in the posts.
FossickFester  
Posted : Monday, 21 October 2013 9:40:15 AM(UTC)
FossickFester

New Zealand

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Thant's all good sycotoad, no hard feelings man :)
l0gic  
Posted : Monday, 21 October 2013 9:40:17 AM(UTC)
l0gic

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 17 post(s)
It is great news.

But you few should be digging treasure, not taking digs at each other. I understand you're all very passionate people, but ripping each other's throats out isn't really helping cause.

Edited by user Monday, 21 October 2013 9:41:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fisher F2 - Hunts: 11, Rings: 3, Spendables: $70.20
sycotoad  
Posted : Monday, 21 October 2013 10:13:04 AM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: sycotoad Go to Quoted Post

Ok, I apologise for saying you were drunk, but comments like the one above led me to believe it was the case. I had no idea it was you that posted the trademe comment calling us "wankers" thus figured the guy was trolling (which I still believe now knowing you placed the comment). Language and personal attacks like these do not help any situation and yes they do sound like the poster is drunk or worse.

If you wanted a civilised debate over whether the guy selling these detectors above board or not then try cleaning up your language in the posts.

Again -

you said "I had no idea it was you that posted the trademe comment calling us "wankers" thus figured the guy was trolling"

I said "Good Luck with the auction & dont let some wankers get you down ;)"

at no stage did I ever refer to members of Paydirt or you - I just got sick & tired of what I believe to be a group of people bombing the crap out of someones auction - Regardless of the legalities of this particular auction, I dont think its a good look for metal detectorists to be abusive or rude to a seller -

You have all done the right thing by notifying those concerned so if someone is ripped off over this - I am sure someone will take the fall - Lets not delay that process by making our hobby and members out to be a pack of thugs - Sure look after YOUR suppliers but at least do it in a dignified manner -

All I ask is to have a think before jumping to conclusions & if your going to quote someone, then quote what they say & not whats bouncing around inside your tiny little head -

sycotoad  
Posted : Monday, 21 October 2013 10:15:11 AM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: FossickFester Go to Quoted Post
Thant's all good sycotoad, no hard feelings man :)

No mate - No hard feelings - Yes I am still very sorry - Sorry

gjj109  
Posted : Monday, 21 October 2013 8:20:02 PM(UTC)
gjj109

Man

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Well I'm glad that's sorted.

I wonder if any more fakes appear on Trade Me this coming Friday?
Andre  
Posted : Monday, 21 October 2013 8:57:27 PM(UTC)
Andre

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Guys, TM blocked his account or he closed it himself !

Edited by user Monday, 21 October 2013 9:03:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

chrischch  
Posted : Monday, 21 October 2013 9:44:58 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 104 post(s)
Great to hear! Maybe Trademe heard from Minelab? :)
Fisher Goldbug Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Propointer.
8 Pages«<5678>