New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

8 Pages«<23456>»
Goldigger  
Posted : Tuesday, 24 September 2013 9:51:58 PM(UTC)
Goldigger

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Hi everyone .My suggestion to stop all the fake Detectors appearing for sale on TradeMe would be if all the Authorized dealers of reputable brand names; Minelab,Garrets,Fisher,etc throughout Newzealand Get involved.I wonder if they contacted TradeMe as these fake detectors must surely have an impact on their business? Let alone the poor sods that get conned out of their hard earned cash all because of TradeMe's GREED to make money.If they take the time to speak to TradeMe's chief in command and point out that certain authentication criteria must be met before any seller is given clearance to put machines, of a reputable brand up for sale. It would be the sellers duty to furnish proof of purchase and finer details. Police Clearance on BIG TICKET ITEMS such as the MINELAB GPX5000 would have to be mandatory for insurance purposes.
Cheers goldigger

Shilo  
Posted : Tuesday, 24 September 2013 10:16:10 PM(UTC)
Shilo

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Problem with these 2 GTX's is that the seller was advertising them as 2nd hand Minelabs (I doubt they are). The authorised dealers wouldn't bother with 2nd hand fakes on the market as these wouldn't have an impact on their new item sales, they would only get involved if the seller was importing them into NZ.

Since the dealer has been offering them for a fixed price, the original Trademe sales may have fallen through which means that Trademe could have done something in the background. Either way hopefully they will at least keep an eye on that particular dealer in the future - I know we all will be! :)
JOEP  
Posted : Tuesday, 24 September 2013 10:18:09 PM(UTC)
JOEP

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I see an earlier post asking about genuine minelabs. I bought a 5000 2 years ago. The serial number is on the underside of the unit. The unit came with a leather protective cover and the serial number label is under that cover. The label on my unit shows no signs of wear. The unit weighs in at a touch under 1 kg.
Goldigger  
Posted : Tuesday, 24 September 2013 11:10:50 PM(UTC)
Goldigger

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: Shilo Go to Quoted Post
Problem with these 2 GTX's is that the seller was advertising them as 2nd hand Minelabs (I doubt they are). The authorised dealers wouldn't bother with 2nd hand fakes on the market as these wouldn't have an impact on their new item sales, they would only get involved if the seller was importing them into NZ.

Since the dealer has been offering them for a fixed price, the original Trademe sales may have fallen through which means that Trademe could have done something in the background. Either way hopefully they will at least keep an eye on that particular dealer in the future - I know we all will be! :)

Thanks Shilo.
Yep you're right there.As you can see they are not old units as it's made out to be.That's how he got around listing them.I asked him via my other account if he had any more and he replied"How many do you want?"This gives me the impression that his either working, or using a Logistics company bringing them in under false declaration.Only my opinion.

Cheers goldigger
gavzilla  
Posted : Tuesday, 24 September 2013 11:56:34 PM(UTC)
gavzilla

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: oroplata Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
That meade1 is a trader on Trademe.Not sure if his an Authorized Minelab dealer,but he had a couple of GPX 5000's for sale some time ago but i don't see them listed anymore.I asked him via one of his Eureka Golds that he has listed if he still has any Minelab GPX 5000 Yes how many do you want??????He sells Meade Telescopes for for Mega Bucks. I wonder if that Eureka Gold's any good?

Cheers
goldigger

Yes, meade1 is an official minelab dealer.

If he's the official mine lab dealer why did he send me the message saying he can supply me with fake Chinese ones??? Confused
oroplata  
Posted : Wednesday, 25 September 2013 12:28:43 AM(UTC)
oroplata

Groups: Registered, Moderators

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 152 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gavzilla Go to Quoted Post

If he's the official mine lab dealer why did he send me the message saying he can supply me with fake Chinese ones??? Confused

Ah. Now I get it.

It wasn't the guy selling the fakes in Auckland that replied to you. The Meade dealer in CHCH saw you comments so tracked you down through TradeMe.

He's probably trying to arrange some sort of sting operation to entrap the counterfeit market. Is it illegal to purchase counterfeit products in NZ if you know they're counterfeit?

Maybe he's collecting buyer ID's as well as seller ID's for the feds?

Goldigger  
Posted : Wednesday, 25 September 2013 1:18:50 AM(UTC)
Goldigger

New Zealand

Ah. Now I get it.

It wasn't the guy selling the fakes in Auckland that replied to you. The Meade dealer in CHCH saw you comments so tracked you down through TradeMe.

He's probably trying to arrange some sort of sting operation to entrap the counterfeit market. Is it illegal to purchase counterfeit products in NZ if you know they're counterfeit?

Maybe he's collecting buyer ID's as well as seller ID's for the feds?

Yea.They emailed him through his vehicle listing on TradeMe.
Why doesn't meade1 who is an authorized dealer complain to Trademe about these couterfeits?
chchnuggetdetect  
Posted : Wednesday, 25 September 2013 3:04:22 AM(UTC)
chchnuggetdetect

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I will do at some point, but anybody can feel free to copy the message and send it in. The worst thing is its so easy for this guy to con people, what's he been selling before???

When I saw this thread it thought ahha this sounds like.. and yes it is the guy, his id is a new one (Jan 2013), he started selling a second hand garrett and got in an argument with a of couple guys because the photos didnt match the model, and they ended up bidding 1 million on all his auctions and he blacklisted ALL watchers until he sold it.
He was listing 3 fisher probes, possibly buying them for $65 of the nz dealer, for $165 each simultaneously, and some chinese probes for $65. Terrible english and you're lucky if u get more than a line out of him.
Hope he has got stuck with the knock offs..

As someone mentioned above, his (about 10 trades) feedback shows he pulled out of a carpet 2nd hand as the buyer, but on sell side has only sold a laptop and that garrett, despite the dodgey listings. wouldn't count on TM to do a damn thing unless it pays them

Some will remember this winter the Turners auctions chch GPX5000 that got bid to 5000$ on TM before being pulled in the last few hours, minelab oz wouldn't touch the serial they gave, and didnt like the colour of it. Haven't heard anything since, and never got reply from Turners.

Edited by user Wednesday, 25 September 2013 3:20:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added Turners

Goldigger  
Posted : Wednesday, 25 September 2013 8:57:01 PM(UTC)
Goldigger

New Zealand

Yep.I wanted to bid on the Turners Minelab..I ended up phoning them for the serial number.They ended up withdrawing it
Complained to TradeMe about the counterfeit detectors 4 times telephonically to no avail.Lodged a complaint with Minelab Oz.Awaiting reply.
Always remember;"If it's too good to be true,it probably is"
Cheers goldigger

Edited by user Wednesday, 25 September 2013 8:58:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

oroplata  
Posted : Friday, 11 October 2013 12:53:03 AM(UTC)
oroplata

Groups: Registered, Moderators

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 152 post(s)

2nd verse, same as the first...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=649138670

Quote:

Seller Comment: I will not answer questions because I will be out of town and not will be not available. I will be back on Monday morning.Happy bid!.

That's handy. Doesn't get back until after the auction has finished. Fancy that!

Looks like one of the previous auctions fell through:

http://www.trademe.co.nz...isting.aspx?id=641262840

"This member was the seller in an auction but the sale was not completed. "

I love this question on the old auction...

Quote:
how do you spell minelab in chinese - webby27
gavzilla  
Posted : Friday, 11 October 2013 7:22:27 AM(UTC)
gavzilla

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 18 post(s)
What the hells wrong with trade me? We should just all bid on these to piss the bloke off.
Shilo  
Posted : Friday, 11 October 2013 7:31:46 AM(UTC)
Shilo

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 185 post(s)
What the hells wrong with trade me? We should just all bid on these to piss the bloke off.

Can't as he just blacklists anybody he thinks will let the truth about his rip offs come out. Only thing I can think of doing is just reporting him again even though Trademe doesn't seem to care. Notice he put it up again just before the weekend and it finishes on Sunday? This is to avoid Trademe being able to take any action (not that they will of course).

Did the following report:
You have had plenty of reports about this seller when he previously tried to sell this detector yet you are allowing him to continue selling fakes?

He is advertising the detector as a Minelab - it is not. He refuses to give out the serial number which would let buyers check out if it is genuine or a fake. There is only two reasons for this: Either it is stolen or it is a faked item.

Stop him ripping other traders off!!!!

Edited by user Friday, 11 October 2013 7:39:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

andy  
Posted : Friday, 11 October 2013 11:51:27 AM(UTC)
andy

Australia

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 72 post(s)
mabee someone could put a wining bid on it then take legal action on him for trying to sell them a fake minelab knowing its a fake!at the end of the day it is outrite theft selling counterfeit machines under the pretence that it is an authentic machine!trademe could be held responsible for their actions that way also!
ATpro
ACE250
GC1010
teknetics Eurotek Pro
gogold  
Posted : Friday, 11 October 2013 2:01:30 PM(UTC)
gogold

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 45 post(s)
someone contact cambell live hell sort the chink out and expose trademe for helping sell conterfiet products which is what they are doing they fail to act on the many complaints.
l0gic  
Posted : Friday, 11 October 2013 2:42:25 PM(UTC)
l0gic

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Well, I reported it again.

But this time I suggested that I'd contact Minelab too, then thought it was a bit hollow.

So I actually contacted Minelab, will post up anything I hear back from them.
Fisher F2 - Hunts: 11, Rings: 3, Spendables: $70.20
l0gic  
Posted : Friday, 11 October 2013 4:56:31 PM(UTC)
l0gic

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Well, Minelab are hopefully onto it now..

My Email:
Quote:
Hi guys,

You might want to check out this link to an auction on TradeMe, which is NZs largest/most popular auction site:
http://www.trademe.co.nz...er/auction-649138670.htm

This unit has been re-listed several times by the same person, who originally had two listed.

It's been established as a fake Chinese copy by members of our MD community/forum, you can see the whole story here:
http://www.paydirt.co.nz...Genuine-not-genuine.aspx

The sellers refusal to post the serial numbers or answer comments, and the fact that previous auctions of these units fell through really just cements the fact that these are bogus units.

Many of us have contacted TradeMe and reported the listing (several times each!) yet TradeMe do not appear to care that their members are being scammed and ripped off by someone who is knowingly selling counterfeit equipment.

Please help us do something about it? - None of us want to see anyone pay for such useless knock-offs when they could purchase a real Minelab detector!

Response from Minelab:
Quote:
Hi Chris,

Thank you for the information. We will pass it on to our legal team.

Regards,
Alex Kalenjuk
Global Customer Services and Training Manager

Minelab Electronics | 118 Hayward Avenue, Torrensville, SA 5031
Fisher F2 - Hunts: 11, Rings: 3, Spendables: $70.20
chrischch  
Posted : Friday, 11 October 2013 7:05:18 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 104 post(s)
Good shit Logic. Lets hope Minelab sue his arse!!!

Just reported it again to Tardme.
Tried to bid it up to $5000 so noone would buy. Was going to pull out after auction as its not described accurately which gives anyone an out but I'm blacklisted. What a surprise.
Someone else should bid high just to piss him off and avoid it getting in our system. I dont wanna buy a second hand minelab in 5 years time and get this machine!

Edited by user Friday, 11 October 2013 7:11:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fisher Goldbug Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Propointer.
gjj109  
Posted : Friday, 11 October 2013 7:59:04 PM(UTC)
gjj109

Man

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Tried to place an exorbitant bid also. but being blacklisted precluded this.

In years past, a couple of "c" notes to a particular South Auckland league team would have got the problem sorted in double-quick time, but I guess it's not the "pc" thing to do anymore.

Well done to those that have passed this on to those that will be affected by it.
chrischch  
Posted : Saturday, 12 October 2013 12:14:08 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 104 post(s)
Check this out!
http://www.prnewswire.co...-ring-227234611.html?nrp

Shame Minelab wont do that!
Fisher Goldbug Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Propointer.
gjj109  
Posted : Sunday, 13 October 2013 11:18:33 PM(UTC)
gjj109

Man

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Well done to Andre. Now let this thieving bugger whistle for his money.
8 Pages«<23456>»