New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

2 Pages12>
overdog  
Posted : Friday, 10 June 2011 7:25:41 PM(UTC)
overdog

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 68 post(s)
Oh dear-just found Kellycos website... S O M A N Y T O Y S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maverick  
Posted : Saturday, 11 June 2011 6:08:55 AM(UTC)
Maverick

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
haha! it's not bad is it?
i found a link to it at thunting.com there are some posts there
from people at kellyco and they offer specials to members of thunting
too.
not that i'm trying to direct people away from here!!
Mod's will edit this post if it's out of order.
cheers,
Maverick
gingerbreadman  
Posted : Saturday, 11 June 2011 10:33:05 AM(UTC)
gingerbreadman

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 74 post(s)
i was interested in a detector from kellyco they told me they dont ship to N,Z..! has any1 actually orderd anything from them..?
Maverick  
Posted : Saturday, 11 June 2011 10:44:18 AM(UTC)
Maverick

not that I know. they ship to Aussie so I don't know why they wouldn't ship here?
overdog  
Posted : Saturday, 11 June 2011 11:24:00 AM(UTC)
overdog

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Dammit-on their site it says they dont ship minelab to Australasia... Got my heart set on an x terra 705 and with the dollar the way it is it makes more sense to order direct rather than pay big bucks from resellers here.
Any ideas where I can get one but not pay the earth? Nobody on ebay seems to ship here either...
gingerbreadman  
Posted : Saturday, 11 June 2011 12:45:35 PM(UTC)
gingerbreadman

overdog wrote:
Dammit-on their site it says they dont ship minelab to Australasia... Got my heart set on an x terra 705 and with the dollar the way it is it makes more sense to order direct rather than pay big bucks from resellers here.
Any ideas where I can get one but not pay the earth? Nobody on ebay seems to ship here either...

Ebay,s pretty crap no one really wants to ship to N,Z ! and you have to be paypal verafied
Maverick  
Posted : Saturday, 11 June 2011 12:50:52 PM(UTC)
Maverick

you need someone in the US who will take delivery for you and on ship it.
gingerbreadman  
Posted : Saturday, 11 June 2011 1:07:34 PM(UTC)
gingerbreadman

Maverick wrote:
you need someone in the US who will take delivery for you and on ship it.

Ha tell ya what i arranged shipping with dhl (usa) to pick up a detector from a fella or failing that i had an local address for the guy to send it to...no way! real anal some of them!
kiwijw  
Posted : Saturday, 11 June 2011 1:07:42 PM(UTC)
kiwijw

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 324 post(s)

Edited by user Saturday, 9 July 2011 2:48:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

simon  
Posted : Saturday, 11 June 2011 1:30:17 PM(UTC)
simon

Man

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 150 post(s)
if you're buying gear from the U.S. you can arrange something called a freight forwarder. you get your stuff posted to them and they ship it on to you. that way you get around the old we only ship to the U.S. crap.

you can send several packages to them and then they will package up as one and forward to you.

you just need to check things like weight and size. obviously heavy stuff will attract a far bit of freight.

if you get it right you can avoid all the fees, ie customs, gst and all the other duties. trick is not to be too greedy and keep the weights down otherwise it might look like you're trying to sell commercially.

madsonicboating  
Posted : Saturday, 11 June 2011 1:43:51 PM(UTC)
madsonicboating

Man

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 127 post(s)
I brought my Fisher off a guy on Ebay but it took a few sellers till one would post to me here. Cost $128 at nz customs too the thieving bastards! ;)

I have a mate in Chch who has brought Etracs off Kellyco but he's Hawaian so may have had them sent there to family then on to chch I'm not sure. Every time I tried emailing kellyco they never even replied so people like that don't get to feel my hard earned cash!

Cost shouldn't really be an issue with detectors as if used correctly, you would soon pay it off with finds.
Maverick  
Posted : Saturday, 11 June 2011 2:27:08 PM(UTC)
Maverick

madsonicboating wrote:
Every time I tried emailing kellyco they never even replied so people like that don't get to feel my hard earned cash!

bloody rude! the least they could do was reply
Shilo  
Posted : Saturday, 11 June 2011 4:12:13 PM(UTC)
Shilo

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 185 post(s)
I have brought a few items from Kellyco. No problems with them shipping to NZ and have found their communications to be prompt. They can't ship Minelab to Aust because of Australia's trade restrictions but NZ is not a problem.

Try contacting their international sales rep direct if you want to email them: [email protected].
overdog  
Posted : Saturday, 11 June 2011 7:37:56 PM(UTC)
overdog

Man

JW-as ever a complete mine (see what I did there) of information.I have read that thread 3 times and still cant figure out if Ill get rogered by customs or not!
Guess Ill just bide my time and do some more research...

Oh and Im with Madsonic on this one-Kellyco still havent replied to 2 emails I sent 3 days ago...
madsonicboating  
Posted : Saturday, 11 June 2011 11:49:13 PM(UTC)
madsonicboating

Man

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 127 post(s)
Shilo wrote:
I have brought a few items from Kellyco. No problems with them shipping to NZ and have found their communications to be prompt. They can't ship Minelab to Aust because of Australia's trade restrictions but NZ is not a problem.

Try contacting their international sales rep direct if you want to email them: [email protected].

Thanks Shilo I will try that as I need a new digger and some other wee bits
Shilo  
Posted : Sunday, 12 June 2011 5:15:40 AM(UTC)
Shilo

Overdog, no you won't get rogered by customs. I just read that thread and there is some gross disinformation in at about NZ. Metal detectors are exempt from duty in NZ because none are made here. Take a look at this link: http://www.customs.govt....arges/Pages/default.aspx and click on "Customs Duty" Metal detectors are listed there with a 0 duty coding which means exempt.

What you will be stung with is the gst on the item if it is over $400 worth and paying for the MAF and Customs inspections (not import duty). For my detector I just got NZ Post to do the paperwork and the MAF etc fees came to $80.

Edited by user Sunday, 12 June 2011 6:14:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

EvaHopefull  
Posted : Sunday, 12 June 2011 12:00:32 PM(UTC)
EvaHopefull

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Shilo wrote:
Overdog, no you won't get rogered by customs. I just read that thread and there is some gross disinformation in at about NZ. Metal detectors are exempt from duty in NZ because none are made here. Take a look at this link: http://www.customs.govt....arges/Pages/default.aspx and click on "Customs Duty" Metal detectors are listed there with a 0 duty coding which means exempt.

What you will be stung with is the gst on the item if it is over $400 worth and paying for the MAF and Customs inspections (not import duty). For my detector I just got NZ Post to do the paperwork and the MAF etc fees came to $80.

DAMN!! I just got my AT Pro from Kellyco - the process was immediate, I used the 'Live Chat' and it was all done while I was talking to them using Paypal
The shipping was $140 USD
The Damn bit is the $157 I got done for by customs, I'm sure it included import duty - hope I kept the paperwork so I can follow it up....

Kellyco though, no problems....
overdog  
Posted : Sunday, 12 June 2011 12:45:33 PM(UTC)
overdog

Man

Ok-so reading this thread Kellyco are brilliant,no they arent,I will get stung for import duty,no I wont.

I may have to go for a lie down with a strong pot of chardonnay... :0
Shilo  
Posted : Sunday, 12 June 2011 3:02:51 PM(UTC)
Shilo

Don't worry Overdog, all you need are few of those chardonnay's, a credit card and a computer. Mix them together and you will have adetector winging its way to NZ....... With exchange rate, shipping, gst etc I always add on 50% to the US price to get a rough "what will it cost".

EvaHopefull, $157 sounds about right for the gst and custom/maf fees (not duty)on the purchase. I reckon import duty would be quite a bit more. Enjoy your AT, that's what I got at Xmas and it had paid for itself by February. Its a great machine, just forget the standard mode and use it straight from the Pro mode as it is easy enough to learn.

Currently looking at getting the Whites V3i as a second machine to play with, so hope that the dollar stays high until I have enough saved up.
nzgold  
Posted : Sunday, 12 June 2011 3:17:52 PM(UTC)
nzgold

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 19 post(s)
That's strange MSB, I got brilliant sevice when I bought my F2 from them and customs didn't stop it either...... customs is a strange one? Some days they must just feel bored so stop more stuff or something.

2 Pages12>